I grew up in a 99% Jewish neighborhood! Did you?

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Since the same can be said of Arabs , Chinese, Indians and a dozen other nationalities this worn out old prejudice seems almost harmless.  Sounding like the passive bigotry of the average dullard who has never actually met a Jew nor done any business with Arabs Chinese, Indians, etc.

However it does not negate the fact you are trading in antisemitic tropes. 

As you say...

I am the ULTIMATE dullard, as everyone knows, on TV.

See you in Princeton, Baby....

Next life.

Or, I am sure it was not Yale.

Take care, though....

And, thankfully, it was not Cornell, with all that ugly campus architecture to put up with for four years.

How can they even stand to live for four years on that ugly campus?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Since the same can be said of Arabs , Chinese, Indians and a dozen other nationalities this worn out old prejudice seems almost harmless.  Sounding like the passive bigotry of the average dullard who has never actually met a Jew nor done any business with Arabs Chinese, Indians, etc.

However it does not negate the fact you are trading in antisemitic tropes. 

You forgot the Scots. Many who would agree to the above. Great friends. Got a few Jewish friends. They're a bit more sensitive but still are quite chilled. Let's just get on together and enjoy what we have in life and don't over think things!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

That all he knows about the Jewish people that 'Bunch of penny-pinching tight arses'

go back to school and learn what contribution Jewish people has given to the world...

And as for the OP, why to you have to bring up such a sensitive subject in these days

when everybody doing their best to look for reasons to blame and hate Jews?

Please go back to your usual BS,  hare-brained topics...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

PS: I am not Jew but their contribution to the world you are living is far more than goat digging peace loving cult.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

That all he knows about the Jewish people that 'Bunch of penny-pinching tight arses'

go back to school and learn what contribution Jewish people has given to the world...

And as for the OP, why to you have to bring up such a sensitive subject in these days

when everybody doing their best to look for reasons to blame and hate Jews?

Please go back to your usual BS,  hare-brained topics...

Why?

I will TELL YOU WHY!

1.  I am getting old now.  And, I look back at my roots.  And, I very much value the Jewish neighborhood in which I grew up.  This made me what I am.

2.  "These Days", as you say, are just like any other days.  These days are just the same days as they always were.  So then, can I NEVER broach this subject?  Do tell!

3.  I have never submitted a Topic which was totally harebrained.  It might be ONLY YOU who interprets my Topics as being harebrained.

4.  Also, I do NOT blame the Jews for making me live in a Jewish neighborhood!  Instead, I THANK the Jews for making me one of them, during the time I grew up in my Jewish neighborhood....

I loved it there.

5.  Something that you might not know is this:

There is a high similarity between Jewish culture and Asian culture, and this.....most likely.... is why I have always felt so at home in Asia, not to mention Thailand, and specifically Chiang Mai.

There are MANY things that you might not know about me, and about Asia.

Feel free to query me regarding almost anything that you might not understand.

I am Asian, yes.

I am also, in some important respects, a Jew, too.

Should I riff on further about this?

I think, no need.

Just let it be said that I am grateful to have lived in the place where I grew up, as a young hottentot, and I learned a lot, while there.

I am a product of my environment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Why?

I will TELL YOU WHY!

1.  I am getting old now.  And, I look back at my roots.  And, I very much value the Jewish neighborhood in which I grew up.  This made me what I am.

2.  "These Days", as you say, are just like any other days.  These days are just the same days as they always were.  So then, can I NEVER broach this subject?  Do tell!

3.  I have never submitted a Topic which was totally harebrained.  It might be ONLY YOU who interprets my Topics as being harebrained.

4.  Also, I do NOT blame the Jews for making me live in a Jewish neighborhood!  Instead, I THANK the Jews for making me one of them, during the time I grew up in my Jewish neighborhood....

I loved it there.

5.  Something that you might not know is this:

There is a high similarity between Jewish culture and Asian culture, and this.....most likely.... is why I have always felt so at home in Asia, not to mention Thailand, and specifically Chiang Mai.

There are MANY things that you might not know about me, and about Asia.

Feel free to query me regarding almost anything that you might not understand.

I am Asian, yes.

I am also, in some important respects, a Jew, too.

Should I riff on further about this?

I think, no need.

Just let it be said that I am grateful to have lived in the place where I grew up, as a young hottentot, and I learned a lot, while there.

I am a product of my environment.

Dear Gamma,

There's a place and time to bring certain topics up, now it's not a good time to post anything about Jews/Israel

as many trolls everywhere just looking for a chance to take a simple post and muck it up and you seems to be

learned enough to know it...

• Haha 1

Just now, ezzra said:

Dear Gamma,

There's a place and time to bring certain topics up, now it's not a good time to post anything about Jews/Israel

as many trolls everywhere just looking for a chance to take a simple post and muck it up and you seems to be

learned enough to know it...

So say you.

However, as I am sure you know, and in all honesty, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood...and....

I loved it there.

I am only reminiscing in my old age.

I want people to know just how great it was.

I thought it might be interesting to some.

Plenty of great Deli Food, too!!!!!!

It was GREAT, in fact.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Sorry, but your silly response not even worth a proper response, clearly, you still didn't had your morning coffee...

It wasn’t pointed at you but those who believe Jews are useless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion, for what it might be worth....

There are several important similarities shared between Asian culture and Jewish culture.

At least, as I knew it, while growing up.

Do I even need to point these out?

I think not.

I grew up in a town where neither Jews nor Muslims existed in any significant numbers. Those Muslims that were there there all Indonesian or Malay. My experience of both cultures has come only from education.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Hahaha, deli food.

They never invited you in for a home-cooked meal?

I was invited.

Many times.

Andy Glick invited me, many times.

As did many others.

A great place to grow up.

Note:  Also, in my neighborhood, I was the TOKEN Gentile, and so they HAD to invite me, ...  maybe....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Agree 1

I never even knew any Jewish people until I was out of high school. Now I would say that most of my friends back in the States are Jewish. I can't remember many Jewish jokes. I was taken to something where they had a comedian who told Jewish jokes. Very funny. I remember he did some about dating ads. A 90-year-old man, not looking for long-term relationship. An three-time widow looking for someone to fill out a four-place burial plot. Ofcourse, some of the best comedians of all time were Jewish.

Edited by bunnydrops
edit
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

52 minutes ago, stoner said:

no one really cares. 

Indeed. Once in a while, this guy—in one guise or another—can post something of interest. But, today, this ain’t it. 

And, what humour? There’s really only one group that has a proper handle on it in this world. Much of the time, to others, it is so convoluted that it goes over their heads.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Note:  Also, in my neighborhood, I was the TOKEN Gentile, and so they HAD to invite me, ...  maybe....

the fact you even refer to yourself in this manner is sad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I too grew up in an overwhelmingly Jewish community.  My Irish Catholic mother once asked me why I didn't have any Christian friends.  All my closest friends in college were also Jewish.  They taught me how to think.  Without them I may not have graduated.  With their influence I became curious and thoughtful.  Though not particularly funny.  They saved my bacon.  And they were the first people to show me that Israel was not what it purported to be, but a model of settler colonialism--and that was in the 1960s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As you say...

I am the ULTIMATE dullard, as everyone knows, on TV.

See you in Princeton, Baby....

Next life.

Or, I am sure it was not Yale.

Take care, though....

And, thankfully, it was not Cornell, with all that ugly campus architecture to put up with for four years.

How can they even stand to live for four years on that ugly campus?

One cannot be a “dullard” with such intellectual curiosity. Nor the rich internal dialogue on display in your varied submissions to AN