Best way for Thai woman who already has tourist visa to ensure entry into US

My girlfriend got a US tourist visa this past Autumn. We'd like to spend four or five months there together this summer. I'm not sure the best way to handle this and ensure she is allowed in. She will be staying with me so she won't need to pay for hotels, but I'm worried telling immigration she's staying with a boyfriend will hurt her case. Paying for hotels for four months would be quite expensive and I think immigration might find that suspicious. We will be traveling separately on entry to the US. 

We're thinking about just booking her a three-week round-trip flight and then hoping they stamp her for the usual six months, then we can just change her return flight. But it would suck if they only stamped her for those three weeks (not sure if this happens or not). 

Another idea is to say she will be traveling around and staying with Thai friends. She also has a Thai friend graduating with her masters from a prestigious university in August which seems like a good reason to travel. 

She will have a letter from her company's HR stating she has leave for whatever interval she plans to travel. She will be a genuine tourist, not working. She has a good job and a condo in Bangkok, a university degree, and speaks good English with a clear accent. 

Does anyone have experience with any of this? What's the best way to ensure she gets stamped in long enough for our plans? Any documents that are helpful to carry with her? Could be bank statements, hotel booking, letter(s) inviting her to stay with one or a few different Thai friends living in the US legally? 

Thanks!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SandyFeet said:

My girlfriend got a US tourist visa this past Autumn. We'd like to spend four or five months there together

Four or Five months is not a typical length for a tourist, red flags automatically and it doesn't sound like you folks are even near retirement age, that's another red flag.....

Best way probably would for you two to get engaged and get a fiancée US K1 visa.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Four or Five months is not a typical length for a tourist, red flags automatically and it doesn't sound like you folks are even near retirement age, that's another red flag.....

Best way probably would for you two to get engaged and get a fiancée US K1 visa.....

If they could do one in two months I might, but I think the turnaround on those is over a year. 

What I knew, US tourist visas used to be for 10 years unless this recently changed  - if so she got it already, Embassy did approve her possibility to go to the US hence there should be no issue. Unless I am missing something.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Getting the visa is the tough part where all the questions will be asked.  I doubt there will be any issues at the border.  I would make sure she has an exit flight within the limits of her stay, which I think is 6 months.

Or she could always fly into Tijuana, walk across with the crowds and turn herself into the Border Patrol claiming asylum.  They'll give her a court date in a few years, a smartphone, and a flight to the Dem city of her choosing.  Choose her destination wisely and she'll get free accommodations and a monthly stipend.  I think they're also issuing permission to work in the USA, but not if they enter legally.

Edit:  FWIW, the agency we hired to help get my Thai friend a visa to come visit me in Texas suggested she leave my name completely out of the process.   Said it would not benefit her, and may harm her chances.  She did, and she had no problems.  She spent a week with me before heading off to parts unknown in Lost Wages and California to visit family.  She returned to Thailand well within her 6 month window and about a year later I got a series of LINEs from her on the east coast, from Florida to NYC to Niagara Falls. 

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, SandyFeet said:

I know she said she wanted to travel around, and to visit Hawaii. Not sure beyond that. Do they ask how long you plan to travel for? I'll ask her later. 

Immigration typically ask how long, especially if she is a single women. Since she has a tourist visa approved, she just needs to prepare and show her itinerary.

Normally the migration just stamp the standard 6 months even though you are only going for 1-2 weeks. 

Answering you are staying 5-6 automatically raises red flags, especially if it’s her first time in US and single.

Majority of tourists don’t stay that long. They will ask for all the proof of accommodation, contacts, why you need to go for that long etc.

How her company would allow her leave that long, how much money she has etc.

It’s better to say 1 month. Have detail list of friends name, address, phone. What her plans are weekly.

You can also book hotels on agoda, which many allow free cancellation from a week to 2-3 days prior to check in. This will help establish you have a real booking, and can show the officer on agoda app. Booking for car rental / domestic plane flights helps too.

For 3 consecutive years I brought my GF in for a 6 month stay as we escaped the rainy season and enjoyed the US summer. The 3rd time we got an aggressive agent who accused her of wanting to live in the US and said we needed to get into the green card program. He also threatened to not allow another entry. I wanted to suggest that he'd be more effective on our southern border but of course had to bite my tongue.  I believe it always comes down to the luck of the draw and who you are dealing with. Was it a factor that this guy only stood about 5'-6"?
Perhaps having a cover letter from you might be helpful?