Republicans slam Biden for proclaiming Transgender Day of Visibility on Easter

Social Media

35 minutes ago, bendejo said:

They should make it on Carnival Monday, the Monday before Ash Wednesday.  Traditionally it's the day the men dress as women, in Brazil. 

Just wait until they find out what goes on in front of kids at Easter Pantomimes.

37 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

trump posted seventy-seven (77) times on Easter day, in what some (Two Corinthians?) are calling a "meltdown".

Easter is a celebration of light over darkness. Yet, Donald Trump spent the day spewing lies, hate, and anger while likening himself to Christ.

Trump posted 77 times to his social media site, attacking perceived enemies in all caps with words like EVIL, SICK, DERANGED, CORRUPT, and CROOKED.

While Biden went to Mass on Saturday and spent the weekend with his children and grandchildren, Trump went full huckster, selling Bibles for $59.99 and comparing himself to Jesus — as he gears up for a criminal trial involving hush-money payments to an adult film star days before the 2016 election.

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/editorials/donald-trump-religion-easter-hate-jesus-bible-division-20240401.html

The Philadelphia Inquirer !!!!!!!!!!!!     

20 hours ago, impulse said:

Every year on August 13, he neglects the 10% of voters that are lefties on Left Hander's Day.  Not a peep from the WH.  Despite the fact that honoring us on our day probably wouldn't lose him a single righty vote.

He could have done the same to the 0.6-1.5% of voters who identify as Trans.  Instead, he panders to the 1%, alienating some portion of the other 99%.

Just on the numbers, he was a political idiot for that Proclamation, especially with the coincidence of Easter.  It was an unforced error.  And the Repubs picked up on it and ran.

Yeah, because everyone after all these years still picks on Lefties. Despite the education and advancement of human knowledge, Lefties are stigmatized, beaten up in the bathrooms, banned from expressing their preferences, have legislation written specifically against them...

It's pretty sad that this passes for rhetoric on the Right. The sorts of arguments I thought had been left behind once we reached Junior High School seem to still have persuasive value to some.

• Like 1

The Easter message from the President of the US.  

"Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating Easter Sunday. Easter reminds us of the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection.

As we gather with loved ones, we remember Jesus’ sacrifice. We pray for one another and cherish the blessing of the dawn of new possibilities. And with wars and conflict taking a toll on innocent lives around the world, we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people."       Quite different from the orange one's rantings

Edited by charleskerins
nm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Why are you so concerned about US social issues, given you aren't from the US? 

There are plenty of men in dresses here in Thailand, why don't you complain about them?

they know they are lady boys and are not trying to get rules change to suit them. they are still Male on their ID's!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:17 AM, impulse said:

While I won't claim that most lefties are idiots, the vast majority of idiots I've encountered have been lefties. 

I have a feeling that you surround yourself with idiots, people so ignorant that they don't even know what it really means to be left/right wing. 

(REMOVED)

You gotta do a little  bit of reading of Marx, Marcuse, Adorno  ,Foucault, Chomsky etc to enter in to a meaningful discussion. 

Trumpians don't read. 

The higher your IQ ,your educational level, the more you read ,the less likely you are to vote for a Republican. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

The higher your IQ ,your educational level, the more you read ,the less likely you are to vote for a Republican. 

That's probably the only accurate statement in your post.  But I think the correlation is the amount left on your student loan.

Watched some YouTubes last week when I was in Thailand, interviewing "young adults" about what they thought of Biden.  The most oft repeated complaint was that he hasn't cancelled their student loan yet.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

That's probably the only accurate statement in your post.  But I think the correlation is the amount left on your student loan.

Watched some YouTubes last week when I was in Thailand, interviewing "young adults" about what they thought of Biden.  The most oft repeated complaint was that he hasn't cancelled their student loan yet.

If they are not enrolled in SAVE, they are not legible for loan forgiveness. Was this mentioned when you watch the interview? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Well, you're not whining about the Jews, or scary brown people, so that's progress.

I never have, are you trying to imply i am racist because i have a difference of opinion to you? 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If they are not enrolled in SAVE, they are not legible for loan forgiveness. Was this mentioned when you watch the interview? 

Come to think of it, it was not mentioned. 

Probably because Biden didn't mention that in his speeches where he said (paraphrasing, with credit to The Temptations) "Vote for me and I'll set you free".  Yet another Biden campaign fib, by omission.

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2024 at 7:56 PM, andersonat said:

R,

1. Do you know *anything* about Communist Ideology ?

2. Are you a Christian ?

LOL. "Communist" nations long ago gave up pretensions of being Marxist, so it's pretty much nothing relating to Communism anymore; ergo can be used in any sense which gets the point across. I give you the word "gay" which used to mean happy and carefree till it got subverted and ruined by homosexuals, so why not use Marxist in the manner he intended?

Apart from being included in the New Testament, for reasons I do not understand, The Book of Revelation IMO has nothing to do with Christianity, but then not many Christian religions have much to do with the Christ either.

I, myself have been tempted to call Biden the antichrist, but he's just not popular enough to be that character.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, impulse said:

Silly me, Here I was thinking that they were only concerned that the sky might fall because Biden hadn't increased taxes, or that there are not enough genders.

Seems all they want is more of other people's money, which IMO makes them already a Democrat voter.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Trumpians don't read. 

Of course you can prove that. If you can read you must have read the bit at the start of this subforum saying  that any claim of fact must be supported by evidence, and you are making a statement of fact there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, charleskerins said:

The Easter message from the President of the US.  

"Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating Easter Sunday. Easter reminds us of the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection.

As we gather with loved ones, we remember Jesus’ sacrifice. We pray for one another and cherish the blessing of the dawn of new possibilities. And with wars and conflict taking a toll on innocent lives around the world, we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people."       Quite different from the orange one's rantings

Perhaps but did you not notice the enormous lie in Biden's message? The one about "we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people." which coming from a major colluder in a conflict ( and an enabler of a war ), and without whom the conflict would have ended already is a bit OTT, is it not?

Perhaps I shouldn't blame Biden as likely he just read it off a teleprompter and had no idea of what he was saying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps but did you not notice the enormous lie in Biden's message? The one about "we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people." which coming from a major colluder in a conflict ( and an enabler of a war ), and without whom the conflict would have ended already is a bit OTT, is it not?

Perhaps I shouldn't blame Biden as likely he just read it off a teleprompter and had no idea of what he was saying.

Or perhaps you are the one lying and not Biden as you claim

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

trump posted seventy-seven (77) times on Easter day, in what some (Two Corinthians?) are calling a "meltdown".

Easter is a celebration of light over darkness. Yet, Donald Trump spent the day spewing lies, hate, and anger while likening himself to Christ.

Trump posted 77 times to his social media site, attacking perceived enemies in all caps with words like EVIL, SICK, DERANGED, CORRUPT, and CROOKED.

While Biden went to Mass on Saturday and spent the weekend with his children and grandchildren, Trump went full huckster, selling Bibles for $59.99 and comparing himself to Jesus — as he gears up for a criminal trial involving hush-money payments to an adult film star days before the 2016 election.

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/editorials/donald-trump-religion-easter-hate-jesus-bible-division-20240401.html

For someone that professes to not like Trump you must have spent a great deal of your time reading his 77 posts to know what is in them and which case they were written in.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Silly me, Here I was thinking that they were only concerned that the sky might fall because Biden hadn't increased taxes, or that there are not enough genders.

Seems all they want is more of other people's money, which IMO makes them already a Democrat voter.

Well the silly me  part is correct .do you ever do any research or do you just ramble on?  So donnies donors were Democrats?   

Millions of dollars in federal coronavirus aid through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) were given to businesses owned by major donors to President Trump, The Associated Press reportedTuesday.

As much as $273 million in federal assistance went to more than 100 companies owned or operated by major donors to Trump and his campaigning efforts, according to an AP analysis of data released by the Treasury Department on Monday.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah if Biden said stop Israel would           NOT

On 4/1/2024 at 2:59 PM, herfiehandbag said:

The point perhaps is not that it was set up 15 years ago to desecrate what is the greatest feast in the Christian calender. 

The point is that it would have shown great tolerance, understanding and respect ( ironically exactly what they demand) to have moved the date on this one occasion.

Yes they should have moved the date this year so Christians can do what Jezus wants them to do right?

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course you can prove that. If you can read you must have read the bit at the start of this subforum saying  that any claim of fact must be supported by evidence, and you are making a statement of fact there.

There have been plenty of surveys showing that Trumps base are non college educated white, racist Americans. 

We could add a little bit of evidence by having you undergo an IQ test, and a little knowledge test. As a frequent apologist, and thereby enabler, of a fascist movement, I would bet a lot of money on that you would get a high score on the F- scale as well.