Thai doctor in Swiss expat case says she has ‘stress’

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, LOG54 said:

Hello

The swiss guy was wrong.. there is no excuse about kicking anyone (man or woman) for no reason (even if you have a reason to react, no violence should be accepted).. This guy has obviously anger management issues and surely thought he could do anything without facing backlash..

Then, the social media bashing leading to foreigners bashing all over the place and for weeks is also totally out of control..

OK she was kicked ... the guy deserves a punishment..

But on the other hand did this have any physical consequence ? the answer is no apart maybe from a few bruises..

Apparently this girl went abroad to study medicine and in this case she surely is not the basic daddy s girl unable to stand any issue.. The best proof is that she did not hesitate to go to complain to the guard, call the police and then organize with her family the social media drama..

If being a doctor she is unable to stand any stress, I wonder how she will be able to act in her job.. Post traumatic stress just for being kicked in the back.. according to me, it is a joke.. Hopefully the court will be able to take into account the real damage she suffered without accepting the overreaction and drama

Due to the excessive media coverage of this I doubt any court would deliver a sentence considered as "standard" for this sort of incident. Whether that works for him or against him remains to be seen

15 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Shouldn't have sat on the steps 😉

she was sitting on steps that were encroaching on the beach! a few days after the 'incident' the bulldozers took those steps out already!

2 minutes ago, khunpeer said:

she was sitting on steps that were encroaching on the beach! a few days after the 'incident' the bulldozers took those steps out already!

But at the time she must have assumed they were private property,    who wouldn't?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Excogitator said:

A nice and decent thai lady from a good background is not accustomed to get physically assaulted, with no warning and for no good reason, by lowlife thrash like that swiss pos. Not surprised she has some kind of reaction after, also given all the stir this all caused.

Thanks for my first morning laugh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

Exactly so. Unbelievably, after all that is known, there are still people in here trying to make excuses for that ill-behaved, self-entitled piece of thrash..

At the time of the incident nobody involved was aware that the steps had been "illegally" constructed on public land, as far as they were all aware they were private property, This does not excuse the swiss guys behaviour, even though he thought he was in the right, but neither does it excuse her sitting on what she would naturally assumed was private property 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket doctor at the centre of an assault case involving a Swiss expat says she is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of the incident.

I can understand, that horrible, nasty Swiss guy (elephant man), kicking her in the back and yelling at like a mad man would have traumatised her, she probably suffered from shock. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It doesn't matter, I've walked down the beach a thousand times and seen places to sit, and never even considered whether or not it was private property. If you're talking about sitting down for 5 minutes to take a break who cares? It just doesn't matter. It's not like she was all sprawled out on his lounge chairs, she was just sitting on a step. 

I actually agree with you, but in the same way that some people get a bit territorial regarding land boundaries others can show scant disregard for what they think is private property.  At the time , in his mind, "allegedly" these were people he had already recently  chased off his property    I don't condone his behaviour but to a degree I can understand his frustration if, as he claims this had happened before. 

15 hours ago, Excogitator said:

A nice and decent thai lady from a good background is not accustomed to get physically assaulted, with no warning and for no good reason, by lowlife thrash like that swiss pos. Not surprised she has some kind of reaction after, also given all the stir this all caused.

Imagine what would happen to Thais if they got visa free access to Europe / USA, they would witness 25X worse on a daily basis, if not falling victim themself there too lol. Guess we should be happy they didn't need to go to iraq or afghanistan too, as she claim to have PTSD now already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Bo11ox, she's after more dosh.

Did a REAL doctor diagnose the PTSD?

Try reading the full article before you commenting a load of Bo11ox. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Tongjaw said:

Try reading the full article before you commenting a load of Bo11ox. 

I did read it and still, personally, thing she is trying to up the payment. 

• Agree 2

I’ve heard it all now sitting on a step on the beach looking out to the ocean and ending up with PTSD every Tom Dick and Harry uses this as an excuse does she wake up in the middle of the night sweating profusely after having a back flash of the Swiss man kicking her I doubt it but the money chasing lawyers will be telling her what to say !

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I actually agree with you, but in the same way that some people get a bit territorial regarding land boundaries others can show scant disregard for what they think is private property.  At the time , in his mind, "allegedly" these were people he had already recently  chased off his property    I don't condone his behaviour but to a degree I can understand his frustration if, as he claims this had happened before. 

Sure, and you walk up to them and you say this is my property would you mind getting up and not blocking the sidewalk? Very simple, very easy, there's no reason for a big confrontation. 

But we know that this guy's an arrogant head case and he deserves whatever comes his way as far as I'm concerned and as we all know by now it wasn't even private property, it was just him defending his version of a tiny empire. 

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Imagine what would happen to Thais if they got visa free access to Europe / USA, they would witness 25X worse on a daily basis, if not falling victim themself there too lol. Guess we should be happy they didn't need to go to iraq or afghanistan too, as she claim to have PTSD now already.

Where to begin.. firstly, you are saying that (Thai) people going to Europe or the US will witness 25x(!) worse than unprovoked, violent assault on a daily basis? That's just plain wrong. Also, nobody 'needed' or were forced to go to Afghanistan or Iraq (except the poor souls living there). They went there, volunteeringly, as trained soldiers, expecting violence. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

well the UK would  know  about that , and that;s just London

Violence against doctors, nurses and other hospital workers appears to be rising in London, new data suggests. Met Police figures show that staff in the capital's hospitals have endured almost 1,000 violent offences since the start of April 2022

With predictable results... turns out getting randomly attacked might cause people to experience stress (especially those who don't otherwise deal with direct violence as part of their day to day lives) - 

Why Britain’s doctors are striking and stressed — by the numbers – POLITICO

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Martin71 said:

If this minor incident gave this Dr PTSD what will she be like working in a busy A&E dealing with people with horrific crash / violent assault injuries....when there is blood and guts and brain matter all over the place...?

So you obviously were too lazy to check if she actually worked in A&E? You just jumped on the victim blaming train. Even if she did work in trauma which she doesn’t she would be trained to handle blood and gore. What she’s not trained for is being attacked physical and verbally by a coward from behind or all the media attention. Once again another victim blamer jumps on his keyboard without allowing brain cells to wake up. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

The beaches in Thailand are public land, and in principle accessible to anyone. Thai people know this. It is the ones (many) encroaching on public land that are in the wrong. In any case, that swiss pos' behaviour was wrong under any circumstance, anywhere. Now stop making excuses for him.

I have clearly stated that I do not condone his behaviour, but your uncontrollable urge to virtue signal and join the lynch mob seems to have clouded your judgement.   

Yes Thai  beaches are  public land, but many accesses to the beaches are private property and legally not accessible to the public.

The house he lived in was on private land. But  any body with half a brain would assume the steps were built on private land as the Thai authorities are not in the habit of constructing private beach access to beach side properties, Any access from a private property to the beach would be constructed by the property owner and  should have been located on the private land.

The fact that the steps encroached onto public land was not known at the time by anybody involved in the incident, 

Thai people, contrary to what you think do not inherently know where land boundaries lie  that is a matter for the land department and would be established by a surveyor

When she sat on those steps she would have assumed they were private property but chose to do so anyway. Immediately after the incident the police even suggested she could be charged with trespassing  which actually carries a more severe punishment that the minor assault that occurred. Of course this was before either the land boundary, her occupation, and the identity of her father was established

Now you can stop making excuses for her too

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sure, and you walk up to them and you say this is my property would you mind getting up and not blocking the sidewalk? Very simple, very easy, there's no reason for a big confrontation. 

But we know that this guy's an arrogant head case and he deserves whatever comes his way as far as I'm concerned and as we all know by now it wasn't even private property, it was just him defending his version of a tiny empire. 

Indeed we are all a lot wiser after the event,  

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

But  anybody, with a modicum of intelligence would naturally  assume that the steps belonged to the property they lead to    The fact that they were on public land was only established later.  So as far as the presumably degree educated saintly doctor was concerned, the steps would indeed have more than likely  been private property, but she still decided to sit there in the full knowledge that she was probably trespassing

Whilst  Kicking her was obviously  unacceptable , to claim post traumatic stress as a result of what happened,   really makes a mockery of those people who are  genuinely suffering that condition as a result of a real traumatic experience ,  Like those who have been "misgendered" for example !

I shudder to think of the living hell those poor unfortunate souls must be going through

Are you trying to tell us you’ve been misgendered, what was it the beard or hairy legs that gave you away 🤣 🤣 . Perhaps someone kick you out of the ladies toilet and now you have PTSD 🤣 🤣