Pattaya prison

georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not true at all but why would a prisoner receiving a visit ever be bad PR?

Because they don't want outsiders in there. There have been many documentaries about Thai prisons. They were only allowed to film people out in the pretty courtyard with flowers, or in spots that were not reflective of true conditions there.

What?  Prison visiting is not restricted in the way you suggest it may be to "outsiders".  Anyone visiting an inmate just turns up for the frequent visiting times, registers who they are and who they are visiting and the visit goes ahead, there is no selection process.  Visitors to inmates only get to see the part of the prison where they are received and where the visit is conducted, they do not have access to secured areas and none of that has any correlation to documentaries.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The interesting aspect:

is there a regular prison on Pattaya area or just holding cells in Soi 9?

On a Friday evening you can give 20k (or 30k?) to the drunk drivers so they can get out on bail waiting for their short trial on Monday.

There is a prison in the Nong Pla Lai area. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is a prison in the Nong Pla Lai area. 

Thanks. Rimmer had responded before.

Learned about a place where I don't want to be.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

We are discussing terrible things like that whilst people are languishing in a hot Un air conditioned prison room ,and I say room because these poor buggers are sharing with up to 50 Thai prisoners !!

What you're proposing is highly commendable, but too close to whistling past the graveyard for me. 

Has nobody on this board ever stepped across "the line"?  Ever bash someone's face one too many times and have him go limp on you?  Or go 200km/hr on a motorbike?  Run with scissors or a popsicle stick in your mouth, or scissors AND a popsicle stick in your mouth?  Clutch the pearls too hard and need physio for carpal tunnel syndrome?  Nothing?  

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

We are discussing terrible things like that whilst people are languishing in a hot Un air conditioned prison room ,and I say room because these poor buggers are sharing with up to 50 Thai prisoners !!

Duplicate post.

Edited by Bobthegimp
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:06 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Is there many farangs in the jail?

Are they needing food parcels and a listening ear ?

I also have many books on the Psychometrics of graphs and analytics

I would love perhaps share my wisdom with any lonely prisoners

What are the visiting times ?.

I guess there maybe even farang ladies in prison?

We need to help these poor buggers who have fallen 

I think you need help from the men in the white coat:violin:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:22 PM, rexpotter said:

You're living in the wrong country. They didn't get there by accident.

Oh yes they do!

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

I know the Hand to Hand foundation do visits to prisons here in Pattaya. Contact them and see if you can join one of their visits.

Yeah,

And take your books!

19 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Sure there are some people who were wrongly convicted and innocent 

But why should anybody give a toss about criminal scum that drag all farnags down? 

What's a Farnag? Is it the same as a Farungun?😆

The majority of prisoners are homegrown Thais.

Yes there are foreigners and yes the majority are indeed scum, but you do get unlucky people, and those in the wrong place at the wrong time, or meeting the wrong people that also get caught up in the web.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:06 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Is there many farangs in the jail?

As of recent news, Yes!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

What's a Farnag? Is it the same as a Farungun?😆

The majority of prisoners are homegrown Thais.

Yes there are foreigners and yes the majority are indeed scum, but you do get unlucky people, and those in the wrong place at the wrong time, or meeting the wrong people that also get caught up in the web.

A farnag is a same as a farang. A Falung. A fareng, a fring or even a forlong. 

Do you have a record of arrests or convictions for serious crimes or social offenses in the UK?

In, about 1993, I made a terrific trip here from Canada, going to Pi Pi (seemed overcrowded with just a few hundred westerners, to a much better Bangkok than now, King’s birthday celebrations in Kanchinaburi at the famous bridge, train to Chiang Mai and a trip up to the golden triangle in a bus with an inebriated driver. Based on some guidebook suggestions I went to a large jail in CM. As everybody but me understands I was firmly told to go away. I accepted that and had beer elsewhere instead. I took buses to Lampang, Lumphun, Sukothai, train back from P-Lok. As with many trips here there had been a coup. I was beat on the flight home but had a lot of lifetime memories. I’ve came back many times, and to other SEA countries but never had the urge for a monkey house visit. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:22 AM, rexpotter said:

You're living in the wrong country. They didn't get there by accident.

If you think everyone in jail in Thailand is there because they deserve to be, you're the one living in the wrong country. I hope you never fall foul of Thai law or have drugs planted in your pocket etc.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:06 AM, georgegeorgia said:

If you have the time to spare, I am sure that there will be prisoners that would love a listening ear.  The embassy of your home country may be able to help you find out about who needs/wants a visit and how to go about that.

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Do you have a record of arrests or convictions for serious crimes or social offenses in the UK?

Well,

Let's see.

Are you for real?

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Yeah,

I used to steal horses and ride furlongs.

• Haha 2

On 4/7/2024 at 12:49 PM, rexpotter said:

If you really want to help somebody in prison here, go help the two Burmese kids in Samui who were convicted of murder ten years ago.

Samui prison is not for lifetime prisoners, Klong preem

45 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Samui prison is not for lifetime prisoners, Klong preem

Last I knew the Burmese two were in Bang Kwang.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

As scum I mean the foreign thieves, frauds, and violent offenders who are let in the Kingdom without criminal checks.

Life could have been completely different.   One lad from high school got caught with photographs of a small grow and  a short stretch of time. He would not snitch. Now it's sold almost everywhere in the US in a shop.  And some years ago here if I saw some backpackers lighting up in a guesthouse I would run away.  Worst thing about drugs is them being illegal. I would not accept it at the time. My parents were insistent my young friends would drag me down. Well, I think I came very close to being "caught in a web" a couple times. 

19 hours ago, NewGuy said:

I was beat on the flight home but had a lot of lifetime memories. I’ve came back many times, and to other SEA countries but never had the urge for a monkey house visit. 

Oh my!   Who beat you on the flight home?   The prisoners you were attempting to visit or the warders?   What behavior!

I visited the jail just north of Pattaya a couple of years ago. I gave the authorities maybe 10 books (novels) and a pile of magazines - New Scientist and Economist. Maybe they will fill in some time for some of the inmates.

• Thumbs Up 2