Only one in four British Muslims believe Hamas committed murder and rape in Israel, report

Social Media

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Maybe Israel could move their Country to Bangkok and then live peacefully ?

No!

Please move to America, the land of the free. Maybe to what they call the fly over states. There should be enough space for all of them.

It has also the advantage for the USA that they don't have to ship all those weapons such a long way. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Understanding British Muslim Perceptions on Hamas: A Call for Counter-Extremism Efforts

In the wake of the Israel-Hamas conflict, a recent report commissioned by the Henry Jackson Society (HJS) sheds light on the perceptions of British Muslims regarding the actions of Hamas. The findings, revealed six months after the tragic events of October 7th, highlight a concerning trend in sympathies towards Hamas among a significant portion of the British Muslim population.

According to the report, only one in four British Muslims believe that Hamas committed murder and rape during the October 7th incident in Israel. This stark disparity in perception underscores a deep-seated divergence in understanding and interpretation of events between certain segments of the British Muslim community and the broader public.

The survey, which represents the largest of its kind conducted since the Israel-Hamas conflict, reveals that 46 percent of British Muslims express sympathy towards Hamas. This sentiment is accompanied by other concerning findings, such as a significant proportion advocating for the implementation of Shariah law in the UK and expressing beliefs in Jewish influence over government policy, media, and financial systems.

The report also identifies a generational and educational divide among British Muslims, with younger and more educated individuals being more likely to dismiss allegations of atrocities committed by Hamas. This trend underscores the importance of targeted education and outreach efforts to address misinformation and challenge extremist narratives within communities.

Fiyaz Mughal, a prominent figure in interfaith advocacy, describes the findings as both shocking and unsurprising. He emphasizes the need for robust counter-extremism measures to combat the spread of extremist ideologies, particularly those perpetuated by groups like Hamas. Mughal calls for increased government guidance for educational institutions and community organizations to address the proliferation of anti-Semitic tropes and extremist beliefs.

Alan Mendoza, the executive director of HJS, points to the failure of counter-extremism policies in adequately addressing the rise of extremist ideologies within certain segments of the British Muslim population. He highlights the reluctance to confront such extremism due to fears of being labeled Islamophobic, calling for a concerted effort to amplify the voices of moderate Muslims and marginalize extremist narratives.

In response to the report, the government acknowledges the need for comprehensive measures to promote social cohesion and counter religious hatred. A spokesperson reaffirms the government's commitment to protecting democratic freedoms and pledges to implement strategies aimed at tackling division within communities.

The findings of the HJS report serve as a sobering reminder of the challenges posed by extremist ideologies within British society. Addressing these challenges requires a multifaceted approach, encompassing education, community engagement, and robust counter-extremism measures. By fostering dialogue, promoting understanding, and confronting extremism head-on, stakeholders can work towards building a more cohesive and resilient society for all.

Source

image.png

It is crucial to note that this report emanates from the Henry Jackson Society. Note criticism from a co-founder: 

Co-founder Matthew Jamison, who now works for YouGov, wrote in 2017 that he was ashamed of his involvement, having never imagined the Henry Jackson Society "would become a far-right, deeply anti-Muslim racist ... propaganda outfit to smear other cultures, religions and ethnic groups". He claimed that "The HJS for many years has relentlessly demonised Muslims and Islam".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Jackson_Society

• Like 1

I'll trust the UN thank you very much, not an Islamophobic organization hiding behind 'think tank' status. The UN was quite clear that there is no evidence, other than circumstantial, that any rape occurred.

This is why independent journalists must be allowed in to Gaza. No one with a brain is going to trust information from the occupying power, the one who is doing all of the killing. It's like asking a kid to grade their own homework assignments. You'll get a good grade for sure, but that doesn't mean it's an honest grade.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

No problem.

Deport them!

UK does not need vermin such as this.

We have our own British culture and traditions.

Muslims that refuse to acknowledge the facts are not wanted here. Go away!

Yes, The UK has a culture and tradition of innocent until proven guilty.

There is no evidence that any rapes occurred. So British Muslims are most definitely following British laws, and I support them.

How can you deport your own citizens? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I'll trust the UN thank you very much, not an Islamophobic organization hiding behind 'think tank' status. The UN was quite clear that there is no evidence, other than circumstantial, that any rape occurred.

This is why independent journalists must be allowed in to Gaza. No one with a brain is going to trust information from the occupying power, the one who is doing all of the killing. It's like asking a kid to grade their own homework assignments. You'll get a good grade for sure, but that doesn't mean it's an honest grade.

Back down to reality and less of the denialism. 

UN finds evidence of rape on Oct. 7 and after

The United Nations has released a report indicating evidence of rape and sexual abuse during the October 7 Hamas onslaught against southern Israel. The report, presented by Pramila Patten, the UN special representative on sexual violence in conflict, at a press conference in New York, outlines disturbing findings based on extensive evidence-gathering efforts.

According to the 24-page report, there is "clear and convincing" information suggesting that sexual violence, including rape, sexualized torture, and other forms of abuse, was committed against hostages held in captivity by Hamas in Gaza. Moreover, there are "reasonable grounds" to believe that such violence is ongoing against those still held captive.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321564-un-finds-evidence-of-rape-on-oct-7-and-after-israel-they-tried-to-downplay-issue/

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, placnx said:

It is crucial to note that this report emanates from the Henry Jackson Society. Note criticism from a co-founder: 

Co-founder Matthew Jamison, who now works for YouGov, wrote in 2017 that he was ashamed of his involvement, having never imagined the Henry Jackson Society "would become a far-right, deeply anti-Muslim racist ... propaganda outfit to smear other cultures, religions and ethnic groups". He claimed that "The HJS for many years has relentlessly demonised Muslims and Islam".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Jackson_Society

Its even more crucial to note that the actual poll was not done by HJS but was done by https://jlpartners.com/polling-results

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why should I do that? To fight the invaders and then be called a terrorist by people like you? 

Sounds like you are well on the way.  You have no idea what you are talking about or you are a believer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you realise that its Jews land and the Muslims are the invaders ?

Please tell me who, with that logic, owns the land of North America? And how about Australia?

Should the children of the original inhabitants throw out all those invaders? 

283.jpg?v=1677788823

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sad............

46% of Muslims living in the UK Sympathize with Hamas. 

39% deny the crimes committed on Oct 7th. 

37% say they are unsure whether Hamas killed and r*ped civilians. 

32% of Muslims want Sharia law in the UK. 

No wonder the Pro Palestinian rallies in The UK are full of terrorist supporters

https://jlpartners.com/polling-results

https://www.thejc.com/news/only-1-in-4-british-muslims-believe-hamas-carried-out-rape-and-murder-on-october-7-according-to-survey-x3svowng

Fiyaz Mughal, founder of Muslims Against Antisemitism and the interfaith group Faith Matters, told the Sunday Telegraph that the findings are “shocking but also not shocking.”

He said: “The sense that Hamas did not conduct massacres and rapes in Israel is atrocious because it shows a closed-off mentality of anything emanating from Israel.”

Why post "Muslims living in the UK" when the OP clearly said "British Muslims"?

They are not the same thing.

Your words, not so subtly, infer that these Muslims are not UK citizens.

Thank Buddha that UK, for the first time, in 2021 census became a secular society with a majority stating that they had no religion.

It's a start!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

What is that U.N evidence that you trust ?

Could you provide some evidence to that evidence ?

Do you trust and believe what members of Hamas say ? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Why post "Muslims living in the UK" when the OP clearly said "British Muslims"?

They are not the same thing.

Your words, not so subtly, infer that these Muslims are not UK citizens.

Thank Buddha that UK, for the first time, in 2021 census became a secular society with a majority stating that they had no religion.

It's a start!

They are living in the UK, I also used to live in the UK but don't anymore. I have a daughter that lives in the UK. I have a son that lives in Thailand. We were all born in the UK. I have another daughter that lives in Thailand. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The islamification of Great Britain is a ticking time bomb literally 🤔  

It’s all of Europe, and France will be the first to descend into civil war; the only safe countries in Europe now are the Visegad 5, who have refused EU quotas on islamic immigrants. They are being punished financially by the EU, but they will not weaken, they stand strong for their countries cultural identities …. respect

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

That would be the same UN that employed workers for their agency UNRWA that took direct participation in the 7th October slaughtering of innocent Israeli civilians; workers that included 7 teachers, 2 school administrators and a social worker …. is that the UN that you trust ?

No, not that UN.

The UN you are describing is the one that Israel made up lies about, and didn't even provide a single piece of evidence to back up those lies. Even America hasn't seen any evidence.

Let's get back to reality. If you want to believe that the elected representatives of the world are all liars and antisemitic, then there is no one left for you to trust,. Your pretty lonely out there!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I live in Bangkok in peace together with people from many religions, including Muslims. 

Sometimes I also ride with my bike through an area in Bangkok with mosques and synagogues and Muslims and jews walking peacefully in the same streets. Apparently it is possible to live peaceful together. 

Hmm.  I wonder if the Thai constitution has anything to do with this. 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back down to reality and less of the denialism. 

UN finds evidence of rape on Oct. 7 and after

The United Nations has released a report indicating evidence of rape and sexual abuse during the October 7 Hamas onslaught against southern Israel. The report, presented by Pramila Patten, the UN special representative on sexual violence in conflict, at a press conference in New York, outlines disturbing findings based on extensive evidence-gathering efforts.

According to the 24-page report, there is "clear and convincing" information suggesting that sexual violence, including rape, sexualized torture, and other forms of abuse, was committed against hostages held in captivity by Hamas in Gaza. Moreover, there are "reasonable grounds" to believe that such violence is ongoing against those still held captive.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321564-un-finds-evidence-of-rape-on-oct-7-and-after-israel-they-tried-to-downplay-issue/

You obviously have difficulty understanding the vocabulary used in this hit piece that twists the facts.

"clear and convincing information" is not "evidence".

"Reasonable grounds" is not "evidence."

Clear and convincing information could be Eylon Levy telling her "Hamas are raping women in their sex dungeons" - He actually said that on LBC.

Reasonable grounds could be anything at all!

The report notes that it was not an investigation, not a single Israeli person came forward to say they were raped, and that actually, it is the Palestinians who are being raped by Israeli soldiers.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you realise that its Jews land and the Muslims are the invaders ?

Is that why Jews in 1947 had bought around 7% of the land from Arabs? Is that why it was called Palestine ever since the Romans took over in the 7th century? Kind of strange right.... The country was literally called British mandate for Palestine, had Arab owners and tenants on the land, and yet you claim it is Jewish?

Crazy!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

You obviously have difficulty understanding the vocabulary used in this hit piece that twists the facts.

"clear and convincing information" is not "evidence".

"Reasonable grounds" is not "evidence."

Clear and convincing information could be Eylon Levy telling her "Hamas are raping women in their sex dungeons" - He actually said that on LBC.

Reasonable grounds could be anything at all!

The report notes that it was not an investigation, not a single Israeli person came forward to say they were raped, and that actually, it is the Palestinians who are being raped by Israeli soldiers.

No I have no difficulty as I have no difficult listening to the hostages who describe the sexual abuse they suffered. This is nothing to do with Eylon Levy by the way. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

No, not that UN.

The UN you are describing is the one that Israel made up lies about, and didn't even provide a single piece of evidence to back up those lies. Even America hasn't seen any evidence.

Let's get back to reality. If you want to believe that the elected representatives of the world are all liars and antisemitic, then there is no one left for you to trust,. Your pretty lonely out there!

Even America hasn't seen any evidence.

I would check that claim of your if I was you

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No I have no difficulty as I have no difficult listening to the hostages who describe the sexual abuse they suffered. This is nothing to do with Eylon Levy by the way. 

Who, pray tell, are you listening to? The report also notes that there were no Israeli survivors of rape who described the sexual abuse that THEY suffered.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Even America hasn't seen any evidence.

I would check that claim of your if I was you

Really?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/22/us-intelligence-unrwa-hamas

US intelligence casts doubt on Israeli claims of UNRWA-Hamas links, report says

This article is more than 1 month old

Intel report says some accusations that aid workers participated in Hamas attacks credible but could not be independently verified

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Who, pray tell, are you listening to? The report also notes that there were no Israeli survivors of rape who described the sexual abuse that THEY suffered.

I am listening to the hostages themselves 

• Thumbs Up 1