Western Engineer Assaults Pattaya Bar Women In Row Over Bill

webfact

All these news outlets are scrapping the bottom of the barrel trying to get these “bad farang” news clips since the A-hole down in Phuket kicked the Thai Doctor. Both these incidents and the others reported are all foreigners who are behaving badly but there are far far more who do not and go out of there way to put up misbehaving and extortionist Thais who, in my experience, are in the vast majority. Where have all the stories gone of gangs of thais beating up foreigners? Seems to be a very nasty xenophobic witch hunt against foreigners recently at the exclusion of other news. If it’s that bad please stop all foreigners entering the kingdom. I dare you! I would have thought that the economic ruin for most that the covid knee jerk and subsequent closure of borders caused would have been a lesson, seems not.

Media please stop whining and gaslighting the very few misbehaving drunk or idiotic foreigners who come to Thailand. The vast majority respect and appreciate Thai culture and the differences it offers.🙏🏻

• Sad 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I'll bet his wife bought beer on his behalf and he wasn't aware of this, not hard to run up a bill of 1000baht when buying lady drinks, still hardly worth all this trouble for 1000baht

And you can see all that in the article above? Amazing.

I thought one of the ladies gave him a BJ under the table and she added that to the bill. But I admit I might be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

Its not rocket science..when drinking in a bar all you have to do is check each chit as it goes in the cup to make sure it is correct and as you go keep a mental note of how many you have and particularly after you buy a lady drink.this will keep them honest and save arguments later.

Always a possibility the wife ordered a few LDs onto the tab.... they like to act big in that way. 

• Agree 2

Ah, Pattaya, den of iniquity . Been there once , will never return ( unless someone pays me good money to do so ) . 

But to stick to the topic : this git should have his visa revoked for what he did. Weren't they going to get tough on misbehaving foreigners ? And hopefully nice to law -abiding ones ? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Obviously, we all have ideas what might have happened. 

But I find it always amazing that within 10 comments we have at least three who are sure what must have happened - and all have different stories. Amazing! 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Nope. The only answer is that they were charging lady drink prices for his companion who was not an employee of the bar.

Nope, not even the most probable answer.

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Nope. The only answer is that they were charging lady drink prices for his companion who was not an employee of the bar.

Ok, did you think that was a good defense for the crazy German? Far too many idiots coming to Thailand and can´t behave. However, i have read that neo-nazi groups are expanding. Most probable just an idiot that can´t keep track of his bill.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Why does it matter if he is an engineer? Would it be different if he was a salesman? A pilot? An office clerk?

More proof that humour is on the wane. Oh dear.:sad:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Almost all bars, not that I go to bars, put your active bar tab in the little cup  (check bin) right in front of you when you drink.

On the "few Occasions" that I do go the a bar, I check my tab as each drink is served. It is a simple thing to do and there will be no surprises when it is time to pay. I only drink on two occasions....either when I am with somebody or when I am alone   

What other occasions are there?😉

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I'll bet his wife bought beer on his behalf and he wasn't aware of this, not hard to run up a bill of 1000baht when buying lady drinks, still hardly worth all this trouble for 1000baht

Gunna cost him a lot more at the cop shop🤣

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Why does it matter if he is an engineer? Would it be different if he was a salesman? A pilot? An office clerk?

for starters, a pilot would be tried in a higher court.

• Haha 1

Why the change from "German" to "Western" in the headline? 

There are many types of engineers, including marine engineers who are really mechanics that fix just about everything on their ship.  

The foreigner's math might have been off or perhaps they did try to pad the bill.  The women in the photo look like 60-80 baht beer bar women, not the 150 baht variety.  Perhaps a few pairs of Irish sunglasses will serve as a reminder the next time they're putting bills into the bins.

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Always a possibility the wife ordered a few LDs onto the tab.... they like to act big in that way. 

easy..pay for each drink

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Almost all bars, not that I go to bars, put your active bar tab in the little cup  (check bin) right in front of you when you drink.

On the "few Occasions" that I do go the a bar, I check my tab as each drink is served. It is a simple thing to do and there will be no surprises when it is time to pay. I only drink on two occasions....either when I am with somebody or when I am alone   

If they don't do that, insist on paying after each drink. It's too easy to pad a bill one can't see.

However, I've never been in a Thai bar where they don't use the chit cup.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Seems to be a very nasty xenophobic witch hunt against foreigners recently at the exclusion of other news. If it’s that bad please stop all foreigners entering the kingdom

Like everything in Thailand, it will probably be short-lived and they'll move on to something else. Hopefully. They might even take a moment to reflect on why Thailand manages to attract so much foreign trash. Do foreigners act the same way in many of the neighbouring countries? I'm sure there are some who contribute this site from elsewhere in the region could fill us in. Meanwhile, look in the mirror, Thailand.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If they don't do that, insist on paying after each drink. It's too easy to pad a bill one can't see.

However, I've never been in a Thai bar where they don't use the chit cup.

It's a strange custom, isn't it. Wide open to misuse, which no doubt is why some bars embrace the system. In the real world you pay for each drink as it's served, but Thailand always has to be different.