The juristic girl said I’m not allowed to clean my house!

On 4/11/2024 at 11:49 AM, bob smith said:

it’s very strange behavior and is making me nervous about cleaning my house in the future.

am I allowed to wash my own clothes or do I need to get the mrs to do that as well?

where does this madness end?

bob.

It ends when you stop posting nonsense

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, bob smith said:

it’s very strange behavior and is making me nervous about cleaning my house in the future.

am I allowed to wash my own clothes or do I need to get the mrs to do that as well?

where does this madness end?

bob.

Seems like you get the most unique and strange discussions with people and experiences in Thailand. Almost like it's not possible to believe. However, the madness stops when you stop believing everything and catch up on some facts.

You can clean your house.
You can take out the garbage.
You can clean your car.
You can jeerrk off without renting a bar girl.

Edited by Gottfrid

Bob,

Do you ever ask yourself about why your posts seem to attract so much negativity?

If it were me, I think I would be "getting the message" by now and try another approach to get the attention I yearned for.

• Agree 1

On 4/11/2024 at 10:57 AM, bob smith said:

I just want to know if it is legal to clean my house or not!

I have been told today that I can’t do it without a work permit.

regards,

bob.

Grow up.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:08 AM, Moonlover said:

The one question that comes to mind regarding your post is: 'why the hell do we all keep raising to the bait?'

Just ignore the stupid idiot.

What is a 'stupid idiot'? A genius, perhaps?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, NORDO said:

I asked her if I could indulge in sexual activities with my lady or I use condo association hoes instead, as Thai ladies provide this service.

^^^^ that's very offensive to gentle and very sensitive thais. but her "demand" was dumb and silly.

35 minutes ago, Umlungu said:

What is a 'stupid idiot'? A genius, perhaps?

Lets think of something new here,

There is no such thing as a "stupid idiot". On an official classification scale, "idiot" is the lowest measure of intelligence; imbecile comes next and moron third in the "higher" group

What there is though is a  morosoph  (a learned fool)

I don't know of a definition of a "stupid" person but could include those terms above to describe some of their actions and behaviours

I would say that everyone on this forum is not stupid per se but from time to time they say and do stupid things.

Whether or not Bob's telling yet another tall tale - let's just clear up the law on this. 

The Thai Labour laws are there to protect Thai jobs not to prevent foreigners from going about their normal daily lives. Household cleaning or anything else to do with your normal life is not employment - paid or otherwise.  If your wife does it, is it her job?  You are also, while we are on the subject, allowed to do DIY on your home.

I've seen several stories about this on here and on other forums, including one where a bloke reckoned he was fined for drilling a hole in the wall in his condo.  I didn't believe that for one moment but let's say it was true - I'll bet my last penny that the 'fine' was not issued by a court. I'd also bet that the 'fine' didn't end up in any official coffers or that a traceable receipt was given.

When your Thai friend fixes the plumbing at his house, is he depriving a Thai plumber of a job?  Of course he's not and neither would you be. To be breakling the law, what you're doing would have to be deemed as employment.  It doesn't have to be paid employment but it has to be classed as an occupation.  Hence the rules when translated relate to 'Reserved Occupations'.

I have raised the issue of carrying out DIY on your home with my lawyer who tells me that its perfectly legal.  So, anyone who is threatened with being fined for doing work on their home or car - don't pay any 'fine', simply elect to have the matter heard in a Thai court. I very much doubt you'll here any further on the matter.

Edited by MangoKorat

stop paying your monthly, yearly fees...

I paid mine in advance, years ago

till I did some garden work and they did not want to take my scrapings

was told I had to hire a private company for removal

I saw other neighbors with 2x 3x more garden clippings and was taken away with the normal service (one day a week)...

so from them I never pay anything in advance

it got picked up eventually by them

then juristic was changed... and those f.kers now charge 50% more than in 2022 for zero extra service...

The answer to your question is yes. They do want a maid cleaning the spilled coffee. The less you do the better.

It's about fostering dependency, not stealing jobs.

Any sign of self-sufficiency is looked down upon. Make an exception for "pension" or "retirement" payments from a quiet government agency.

Even walking somewhere gets frowns and grunts. You should be taking a "taxi" or "motorbike" everywhere.

That's what many expats become here. Soft sponges that pay rent and buy stuff and get served. No innovators, leaders or visionaries. No big marks on the world being made. Add to that too much easy sex that zaps your energy so you just sleep all day and don't have any edge or drive to accomplish anything.

It takes a lot of thinking and reflection to see this stuff. Most people don't get what is really going on. Likely too distracted by the booze, rushing and women to care.

Edited by JimTripper

On 4/11/2024 at 10:41 AM, bob smith said:

I am currently staying at my main house with mrs. smith.

perhaps you need to move to your minor house. 

it was the juristic girl,

What the heck is a "Juristic girl"

she said hello and asked me if I was thai.

is the "juristic girl blind"

she then said in broken english, ‘oh i'm so sorry but you cannot be working here’

Now you  are making s h i t Up. No more booze for you.