Overstayed by 7 months.

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I've came across those prices before for people who already overstayed, but then they simply backdate it to a yearly extension, to solve the issue. It's actually the common price to get yearly done in the first place there. But yeah for 20K that person is likely confused and it means you can pay that without issues + 1 year blacklist lol.

Sounds to me the friends friends offsider has it all sorted... you guys are just pissing wind on agent/visa matters as per usual on AN! 

• Confused 2

In related news, I got married about 17-18 years ago and got my very first marriage visa.  For some silly reason, I thought it was good for 1 year, so for 1 year I didn't do any border runs, 555.  When my one year visa was up for renewal and I went to Pattaya immigration, they said I was on overstay, they told me do a border run and expect to pay 20k, which I did, back then there was no blacklisting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

You suggesting a company is employing an illegal  ? Think his company could well be in trouble too !

*you're.

No -you're a bit mixed up I think. He was offered a job opportunity, but upon accepting the offer (before contract) he revealed he was 7 months overtaying on his passport. The company has not yet emploed him and of course would not do if he is on overstay.

• Sad 1

I doubt he will be able to find a non-scam offer to get it disappeared. Best is to enjoy another 4 months to get close to 1 year and then fly out and get a 1 year ban. Overstay procedure at BKK airport is no big deal. It's a streamlined process. Just make sure the overstay is under 1 year otherwise it's 3 years blacklisted.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

An agent with a good relationship to the Immigration, can fix the problem and your friend can avoid to be banned for one year. 

Will be around 40k + the official 20k.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Nonsense 

Not complete nonsense. I know of a recent case where the overstayer went to an agent who "fixed" the problem for 500 000 baht. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nonsense 

Sure, I am very close to believing that as well. My question is, how can you be so sure? As we all know, corruption is very widespread. When money talks, some people are ready to do almost anything.

Over 90 days is an issue in Phuket and extremely doubtful 20k that anyone would look at it .

Talked with an agent recently who Flatley refuses to look at any case post 90 days.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

An agent with a good relationship to the Immigration, can fix the problem and your friend can avoid to be banned for one year. 

OIC and what Immigration regulation is that: 2024.45 (e.ii)?

• Confused 1

One would think authorities can do just about anything at the right price. Can’t see why they can’t put a few stamps in his passport removing the overstay issue. If Redbull’s kid can have his report altered following killing of a policeman, it seems conceivable that an overstay issue can be fixed with less effort. 

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

I'd say 7 months is a seriously long time and how likely is it that they will turn a blind eye to it?

Not sure, 7 months is a seriously long time but it all depends on the relationship his agent has with the Immigration office. And whether the issue can be dealt internally. 

I have been doing extensions for a long time  using the bank deposit method for married, well known at out local IO as we are friendly and outgoing. Two years ago I went to do my extension and it seems that a few weeks before my do date my bank account  had fallen a little below the required 400k, (wife was purchasing another property and somehow had moved funds from my account for a couple of days, utili funds were transferred from the US account.)  and even though it was there all year ,.   still the IO could not do anything about it because a marriage extension is send outside the local IO office for approval and it would had been rejected. "No problem" the IO supervisor said. "come back in a couple of weeks when your money is fully season, pay a small overstay fine and we can do it then". I was a bit concerned and asked about being blacklisted. 

I was shown a stack of overstay  paperwork and was told that she was the one who handled the issue and I had nothing to worry about.

No envelope or anything!  Very nice people at my IO . I go there even when I don't have to to do my 90 day. 

Went back a couple of weeks later , paid a small fine, did my extension, no overstay showed in anything I could see. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, PeachCH said:

People on this forum don't believe us clearly, they seem to not be aware of the exceptions and possibilities down south. I heard the exact same figure, I even posted that figure yesterday here too. I've seen plenty of hippies and Russians/Ukranians fix their overstay that way on islands too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, ignore any posts referring to use an agent.

Repeat... advise friend to pay fine exit Thailand and return (if want to) after ban expired. 

Exactly, but he has to ensure that he is not arrested before he gets to  airport Immigration to pay the B20k fine.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

Is it really likely that they'll turn a blind eye or he'll be turfed out..?

If you've been here 16 years as you say, you should know the overstay rules are quite clear and posted on various immigration sites. I even have to sign a document to say I am aware of them every year I do an annual extension. Don't you do the same?

6 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

If you've been here 16 years as you say, you should know the overstay rules are quite clear and posted on various immigration sites. I even have to sign a document to say I am aware of them every year I do an annual extension. Don't you do the same?

Your points are moot. It matters not a jot what I sign on any document when I do my applications. This is not about me, nor about the overstay rules per se. Your post contributes nothing meaninful or useful to the conversation.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

I doubt he will be able to find a non-scam offer to get it disappeared. Best is to enjoy another 4 months to get close to 1 year and then fly out and get a 1 year ban. Overstay procedure at BKK airport is no big deal. It's a streamlined process. Just make sure the overstay is under 1 year otherwise it's 3 years blacklisted.

Are you Sherlock? He could always flick the job offer, overstay anyway. Endless options Watson! next

• Sad 1