Foreigner's Shocking Behavior On Soi 4 Sparks Outrage in Bangkok [videos]

george

3 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

That's abosultely 100% correct! There is nowhere to go. Try it sometime when you have a real emergency, its impossible.

There are always shopping malls, petrol stations, small bars with toilets, hotels, and restaurants if somebody is so desperate.

The guy in the pic seemed to have all the time in the world and then went to wash himself off in the fountain.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

You would consider this normal behaviour?

Not at all, its human behavior when we are not well physically or mentally. Have you ever had heat stroke? Yes it could be a mental breakdown, but I was not there and I do not know. Maybe he had heat stroke, fell down the stairs from the BTS and security guard assisted him, or he was hit by a car. Do we know what led up to this incident? NO!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

A Thai man did a similar body movement in soi Honey Pattaya several years ago and was photographed doing his business in one of the drains in the middle of the soi, much to the amusement of onlookers.

Yes, this chap was clearly unwell mentally.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

OH NO! A BRIT! Expat, no less.

And in Soi Nana.

Classy.

He might have been that British judge was talking about who bought the hooker a 20 million baht house.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This  is no more than a disgrace and he should be dragged to the airport and put on quickest plane out of Thailand .. Desecrating a shrine … Biggest crime of all … also fine him 

43 minutes ago, barmatt said:

A Thai man did a similar body movement in soi Honey Pattaya several years ago and was photographed doing his business in one of the drains in the middle of the soi, much to the amusement of onlookers.

Yes, this chap was clearly unwell mentally.

Stop making excuses for being drunk .. Using a Thai shrine to wash should be automatic jail and deportation

21 hours ago, Denim said:

I have no idea how much the ladies working in Soi Nana charge these days but if he is an example of what frequents the area then they deserve every baht.

Any woman who has sex for money earns every penny

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Confusion, agitation, diarreah, delerium, overweight. Could be heat exhaustion...

I have had it (relatively mild case) and could see someone stripping and wandering into a pool. You don't care about someones shrine or temple at that point.

Also, the diarreah would not be controllable in that confused state. Neither, a calm attempt to find a toilet. More just like stumbling to water or shade. It's not easy to find shelter or shade around nana if you are in no condition to enter a restaurant or bar.

The only thing that makes me not sure, is that he is in the sun. The first thing most people want to do is get out if the sun at all cost.

So you pikes who have commented here make want to consider that next time you post.

IMG_0498.jpeg

I've had it and almost died in a hospital ER in Chiang Mai because they thought I was drunk, as mentioned before. One of my best friends kid came to Chiang Mai on holiday and died of heat stroke on a park bench on the river downtown. 24.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Goat said:

And in Soi Nana.

Classy.

He might have been that British judge was talking about who bought the hooker a 20 million baht house.

Soi Nana - "Bringing Pattaya To The City".😁

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

Not at all, its human behavior when we are not well physically or mentally. Have you ever had heat stroke? Yes it could be a mental breakdown, but I was not there and I do not know. Maybe he had heat stroke, fell down the stairs from the BTS and security guard assisted him, or he was hit by a car. Do we know what led up to this incident? NO!

It has to be you with such a strange comment. 

2 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I would bet this man suffers from mental illness.    But even if he doesn't this event points out  the matter of Thailand having a lack of public toilets.

I agree. What to do if you are stuck in that area.

How low is low in a "white Scum" while the "world western Corrupt Press" always highlight they are above all Human colours...Lowest breed of Animals...Dirt, Cheap Scum, try doing this in your own country Church...if you have the Guts..

4 hours ago, thesetat said:

It is worth noting that there are no public restrooms available to the public or to tourists. Asking shops to use their toilets is a waste of time because they will refuse. Most bars will demand you buy drink if coming in to use their toilet. This area is a good example of not providing for the needs of the tourists that walk around spending money in the shops. What this man did was abhorrent, but in considering he probably had nowhere else to go except in his pants. He chose this option. Also, the Thai security guard aided and most likely suggested the man use that water to wash himself. Even aiding by spraying a hose on the guy since he had already got some crap in his pants. Thailand wants all these tourists, but they leave little choices in providing things like trash cans and toilets which in turn causes behavior that can make them look bad. 

I would bet this man never once did this type of action before.

You don't ask, you just head for the toilet. 

Anyways its pretty clear that the guy is not right, he is clearly dazed in the video that so kindly provides a close up of his face. To watch another person in distress and do nothing is one thing, to sit by and take extensive, detailed video and post it online is heinous.

Nobody does this kind of thing willingly in public. 

Kudos to the security guard who had the kindness to hose him off.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don`t be to quick to condemn the man. I had a VERY bad experience when I first came

to Thailend, some 20 odd years ago. I ordered a soup at a restaurant. I ate it and then was

confined to my room for 3 days. Not 2 meters away from a toilet, I did not dare to go out!

Probably the soup was not boiled, meaning if only luke warm, which mean there was bacteria

in the soup, not dead. Soups have to be boiled to 100 degree Celsium for the bacteria to die.

And you sit there waiting for your soup, and have no idea what`s going on in the kitchen.

Up to this day, the ONLY soup I eat, is the one I do myself, NO WAY in a restaurant anymore.

We must also think about our flora of our own bacteria in our stomach, what food they are used to,

i.e. the ones from our homeland. 

So, don`t hang the man for maybe eating something his stomach was not used too.

And when the eruption in your stomach is hitting you, there is no time to look for any toilet.

I think the guy is so embarrassed about the whole thing, more than you can even imagine.

And all you who are `screaming`about deportation, take it easy. It could happen to you too. 

Take it easy out there, and be gentlemen, Please. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

…I’m sorry.

But that is the funniest thing I have seen all year!!!

when you gotta go, you gotta go!

😄 😄 😄 

Hope he’s got a fresh pair of undies in his room!

much love!

BOB.

I thought that was you looks so much like you.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

What were his options?

there's a toilet in the lobby of that hotel, also one in the lobby of the hotel next door, and a bar across the street, maybe 20m away....

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

That's abosultely 100% correct! There is nowhere to go. Try it sometime when you have a real emergency, its impossible.

there's a toilet in the lobby of that hotel, also one in the lobby of the hotel next door, and a bar across the street, maybe 20m away....

5 hours ago, NightSky said:

This poor bloke obviously has mental health issues and needs to be given the appropriate care. 

And as soon as possible returned to his home country, if needed by financial help from his family or his country. And a total ban on re-entering Thailand should be considered.

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 1