BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

3 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Rest assured that you are now on the Mossad's to do list. Not with a very high priority, and only handled by bots so far. But Ralf001 has a name and a passport somewhere, the machines will find those.

Awesome, I know a few mossad peeps.

Be great to catch up.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, rabas said:

This was not a proportionate response to an attack on an overseas consulate. It was a massive multi-tiered attack on Israeli soil meant to damage Israel's defense capabilities.  

And it failed:

Just wait. This was a long overdue warning. 

Don't talk about proportionality, lol at how many kids have been killed in Israel since 7.10 and how many in Gaza. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

A decade and a half ago Jimmy Carter said Israel had about 123 nuclear warheads in its arsenal. Best thing for Israel could be to nuke Iran before it's too late. A small country like Israel can only have a first-strike nuclear doctrine unless it equips itself with a submarine deterrent.

Best thing is to avoid years & years of 

toxic air climate change brought on

by nukes.

Economic appeasement by biden has consequences (supporting Iran financially).

Iran for decades has been hell bent on the 

destruction of Israel through the use of their proxies ! 

https://www.cfr.org/article/irans-regional-armed-network

Evil says ,We will not accept Israel.

Evil says, Death to Israel.

Evil says, destroy the Israel regime.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/irans-khamenei-says-normalising-ties-with-israel-is-betting-losing-horse-state-2023-10-03/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/07/joe-biden-middle-east-israel-iran/670530/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

This was not a proportionate response to an attack on an overseas consulate. It was a massive multi-tiered attack on Israeli soil meant to damage Israel's defense capabilities.  

And it failed:

Israel Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari has reported that 99% of Iranian threats launched at Israel were intercepted, and of 170 Iranian “suicide” drones and 30 (expensive) cruise missiles, 0 entered Israeli airspace, 25 of these cruise missiles were downed by Israel's air force.

Of 120 medium-range ballistic missiles, only a few hit Israel near Nevatim Airbase in the Negev Desert causing minor damage. The base is still operational, and is now receiving 3 squadrons of the base's F-35s, which were airborne conducting interceptions. [ref]

The equation has changed. 

He's not very good at maths. 

Hardly a reliable source!! 

The US and UK tried to stop the newly formed IDF from defending itself after WW2. The IDF had purchased several types of fighters, mostly Spitfires, P51's and ME-109's and flew them to Israel. They had to dodge the allies from stopping the flights from Czechoslovakia. There were a few Americans who helped Israel procure the airplanes, I believe they lost their citizenship.

This current conflict has no cut and dried good vs bad. Israel has been stepping on the Arabs in their territories for a very long time, and the Arabs in the region have also not tried to get along with Israel. It looked like they may have been a start during the 90's with Arafat and Rabin, but Rabin was killed before any good came from it. 

Any successful peoples in history have always had a give and take to maintain the peace, All sides in this conflict are doing neither, so this will go on for a while, unfortunately.  

Iran hoped this attack would inflame the other middle east countries, it was met with ambivalence from most, and a few big players (Jordan, Saudi Arabia) actually shot down some of the drones that flew over their countries. 

Iran should let Hamas make their own bed in this one. Maybe with Hamas out of the picture, the Palestinians can actually be a successful people, I work with more than a few Muslims, and a couple of Palestinians, really wonderful people who don't want a conflict with anyone, they just want to get along with everybody.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:
22 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's why I suggested that Iran instruct some of its operatives inside Israel to kill three Israelis.

That would be more of a "proportional response" and probably more successful.

I like the idea of thoughtful responses, we need more. 

Given Iran's surprisingly poor technological showing, Israel should announce they intend to fully support and protect the Irani people, and that all future responses will target only Iran's brutal regime.

The generals targeted in Syria were just that. So was Qasem Soleimani in 2020. 

My point is neither Iran nor Hamas or any Arab country I know of can challenge Israel militarily. They have to use different tactics.

Killing Israeli civilians using terrorist attacks or assassinations, and capturing and holding them as hostages are the only two tactics I think Iran and Hamas have right now that would have any chance of success.

Iran, after firing 300 drones and cruise missiles at Israel, has the temerity to say that the operation is concluded and that Israel should not retaliate; fanatical islamist nut-jobs from the fourteenth century, with unfortunately, twenty first century weapons.

It is also being reported that Hamas has rejected the latest outline of a plan put forward by mediators, according to Israel's intelligence agency Mossad.

The Israeli agency says in a statement the rejection "proves that [Hamas leader in Gaza Yahya] Sinwar does not want a humanitarian deal and the return of the hostages".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He's not very good at maths. 

Hardly a reliable source!! 

How so? He says that out of 320 devices launched towards Israel, only "a few" made it through. He doesn't say exactly how many a few is, but assuming it was about 3 or 4 then 99% is pretty much spot on.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

How so? He says that out of 320 devices launched towards Israel, only "a few" made it through. He doesn't say exactly how many a few is, but assuming it was about 3 or 4 then 99% is pretty much spot on.

He is making it up, obviously. 

If he knew the number he's tell us. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Some of the drone bombs landed in the desert and they may not know exactly how many , but a few just means an insignificant amount 

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, rabas said:

Israel Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari has reported that 99% of Iranian threats launched at Israel were intercepted, and of 170 Iranian “suicide” drones and 30 (expensive) cruise missiles, 0 entered Israeli airspace, 25 of these cruise missiles were downed by Israel's air force.

Of 120 medium-range ballistic missiles, only a few hit Israel near Nevatim Airbase in the Negev Desert causing minor damage. The base is still operational, and is now receiving 3 squadrons of the base's F-35s, which were airborne conducting interceptions. [ref]

5/30 cruise missiles hit Israel he said, this is 16.67%.

A few must be more than 2, but 3/120 is 2.5%

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, rabas said:
17 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

My point is neither Iran nor Hamas or any Arab country I know of can challenge Israel militarily. They have to use different tactics.

Killing Israeli civilians using terrorist attacks or assassinations, and capturing and holding them as hostages are the only two tactics I think Iran and Hamas have right now that would have any chance of success.

Wrong. They all have a chance to learn to live with each other. Problems are caused by the belief that one side needs to win. 

When I used the phrase "...any chance of success" above, I didn't intend it to mean "win." I intended it to mean having enough leverage to negotiate a solution so that they can "live with each other." I assume that will be a two-state solution. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I would imagine that they're still in the process of finalizing the intelligence. When you've got hundreds of missiles and drones incoming and hundreds of them being intercepted and coming down in pieces, it might be a little tricky to say exactly which ones made it through fully intact and which didn't.

So all they might have is a ballpark estimate but they'd know if it was 3 or 4 as opposed to say, tens or dozens.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can't get over the fact it was a huge failure for Iran can you. 

Its coffee time for Israel now 

image.png.2c9c1524818b7291366ad38f139245dc.png

https://twitter.com/TSchwarzbard/status/1779422766439047579

It wouldn't be if Iran had used my tactic of killing three Israeli civilians. The Israeli public would be screaming loudly again, just like they are now about the hostages. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

5/30 cruise missiles hit Israel he said, this is 16.67%.

A few must be more than 2, but 3/120 is 2.5%

Except that according to what's been posted here (which is what I'm going off) he didn't say 99% of the cruise missiles were intercepted he said 99% of the Iranian threats, of which as his numbers show there were 320. 

I also don't see anywhere in this thread where it is stated that five cruise missiles made it through - only "a few" and as I say we don't know exactly how many a few is but it could be only 3 or 4.

Even if it was 5, that still means that 98.5% of all the threats were intercepted so fairly close to 99.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

It wouldn't be if Iran had used my tactic of killing three Israeli civilians. The Israeli public would be screaming loudly again, just like they are now about the hostages. 

So back to it was a complete failure:

image.png.2c9c1524818b7291366ad38f139245dc.png

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Suggesting illegal act is is against forum rules .

Killing people is against the law 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Except that according to what's been posted here (which is what I'm going off) he didn't say 99% of the cruise missiles were intercepted he said 99% of the Iranian threats, of which as his number show there were 320. 

I also don't see anywhere in this thread where it is stated that five cruise missiles made it through - only "a few" and as I say we don't know exactly how many a few is but it could be only 3 or 4.

Also, when people say 99% , they don't always mean exactly 99 % .

Its used a a figure of speech to mean "nearly all" .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Then shouldn't the title say "  Israel  potentially triggers World War 3" George? 

Well, Biden sent them the weapons, so shouldn't the title read: "Biden potentially triggers World War 3"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Well obviously not you Brits who thought it would be a good idea to send them there.

I thought a good idea, but Australia was a close second, as it was part of the British  Empire with lots of space.......😋