Thai government’s Ofos project to create 20 million jobs from June

webfact

38 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The number of unemployed persons in Thailand decreased to 329.29 Thousand in the fourth quarter of 2023 from 401.20 Thousand in the third quarter of 2023. 

Which is not counting about 50 million people in the 'informal' economy ...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Which is not counting about 50 million people in the 'informal' economy ...

It's actually about 48% of the workforce so 48% of 38, million which is 18.2 million people.

• Thanks 1

will allow Thais to earn more by guaranteeing them an annual income of at least 200,000 baht 

Sorry I'm lost, who will be guaranteeing this income ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

for instance, chefs, Muay Thai fighters, Muay Thai instructors, and dressmakers,

It would not be bad to prepare engineers, architects, doctors, professors and qualified professionals in universities.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

and those aspiring to start a business.

A Noodle shop !!! 😁

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

will allow Thais to earn more by guaranteeing them an annual income of at least 200,000 baht 

Sorry I'm lost, who will be guaranteeing this income ?

Why. all those struggling on minimum wage will be purchasing their services, of course, on the back of their bt 100,000 per annum digital wallet bonuses.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention recently. I haven't heard the 'soft power' initiate for at least two months.....I thought it had died of natural causes i.e. choked on its own vomit. Does Thaksin get royalties on One Tambon One SoftPower revenue?

6 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

It's actually about 48% of the workforce so 48% of 38, million which is 18.2 million people.

What age criteria is typically used to quantify the "workforce" ?

Just trying to reconcile this with the numbers  for the proposed Bt 10k handout ..estimated 50 million people eligible over the age of 16.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mancub said:

What age criteria is typically used to quantify the "workforce" ?

Just trying to reconcile this with the numbers  for the proposed Bt 10k handout ..estimated 50 million people eligible over the age of 16.

Some stats from the BOI in the link below:

Labour Force

The size of the work force in Thailand was 40.54 million (Feb 2024), with the majority of the workforce under 35 years of age. Each year about 800,000 people join this force. Many standard labor practices apply, including mandatory severance packages, and overtime payments.

https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=demographic&language=en#:~:text=of Provincial Administration-,Labour Force,800%2C000 people join this force.

Looks like the range is 14 to 65