Vehicle Trickle charger from Lazada.

27 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

So far this has brought a scooter battery back from the dead, and indicated the car battery has half full, which it is now trickle charging, and will do so for 6 or so hours twice a week. 

Yes they do the job quite nicely and are cheap as chips.  Glad you're happy with it. 

The only reason why I bought a different model as I needed one that can charge LiFePo4 (lithium ion) batteries.

So I've got 2 chargers now that look very similar to this one and they're both great. 

Good stuff! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

So far this has brought a scooter battery back from the dead, and indicated the car battery has half full, which it is now trickle charging, and will do so for 6 or so hours twice a week. 

You're going to charge your battery twice a week for six hours? Why not just get a new battery?

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You're going to charge your battery twice a week for six hours? Why not just get a new battery?

Why would I, it's working perfectly. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

7 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Buy a CTEK and put it on every time you get home ...its designed for that anyway.

Yeah, isn't that the whole point of a trickle charger? Use it while the battery is still good so it stays healthy and lasts longer? 

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Why would I, it's working perfectly. 🙂

Your one isn't a trickle charger however if its left plugged in its not going to overcharge. 

It's got auto shut off or standby mode.   Personally I'd probably unplug to be safe. 

Neighbour back in NZ had a dodgy aftermarket charger for his lithium battery powered vacuum cleaner. He went away for the weekend and returned to a burnt out garage. 

Charger overheated and caught fire. 

I saw the smoke and checked no one was in his house whereas the other neighbour called the fire brigade.  Massive amount of heat buckled all the tin walls and dropped the roof.  Lost his caravan too. 

1 minute ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Your one isn't a trickle charger however if its left plugged in its not going to overcharge. 

It charges up the battery,  either by trickle or non-trickle. :biggrin:

Using it once or twice a week should keep the battery healthier and last longer, right? 

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Yeah, isn't that the whole point of a trickle charger?

That is not my understanding. Usually, a trickle-charger is generally used when you are not going to use your car or boat or whatnot for an extended period. 

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Use it while the battery is still good so it stays healthy and lasts longer? 

If you drive your vehicle regularly, charging the battery twice a week may do more harm than good. 

Using a charger with a de-sulfate mode a couple times a year may/should extend the life. 

7 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It charges up the battery,  either by trickle or non-trickle. :biggrin:

Using it once or twice a week should keep the battery healthier and last longer, right? 

I'd use it to check probably one a week or once every 2 weeks. 

If your battery is holding charge then you should be good to go. 

I've had batteries that only sat on a charger for less than 5 minutes to be fully charged.  Then I'd only check them once a month. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That is not my understanding. Usually, a trickle-charger is generally used when you are not going to use your car or boat or whatnot for an extended period. 

Fair enough.