Pro-Palestinian Protesters Take Over Columbia Hamilton Hall "Intifada" hangs from windows

Social Media

Faculty who interfered with police need to be arrested and lose tenure. All these people must go on the No Fly List. They have openly identified themselves with and supported Hamas, a terror organization. Letting them on commercial aircraft could bring about another 9/11.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I may have missed some news - have there been deaths at American universities? 

I do remember students protesting the Vietnam war. Three students shot dead in Ohio (CSNY). Were the protesters wrong in hindsight?

I think young people have always protested. They still do. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't particularly like Muslims. Am I allowed to say that?

I have no sympathy for them in the UK. 

So you wouldn't want any of those Palastinanian Muslims in Scotland then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Finally!

Time for the precious snowflakes to learn that actions have consequences. Now, if I were the university administration, I would have taken a different path. Once the encampment was set up, I would have built a wall or fence around it. Not let anyone enter or leave. Not let anyone pass anything back and forth. Basically, let them wither on the vine. Guarantee that within 24 hours of being without their Starbucks Pumpkin Cinnamon Latte they would be screaming to be let out. It worked great in Germany when a group trespassed at the Porche Museum.

King Slutzky apparently will not be getting the food catering service she demanded.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So you wouldn't want any of those Palastinanian Muslims in Scotland then?

I think the Jocks are having a clear out by the looks of things.....

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Faculty who interfered with police need to be arrested and lose tenure. All these people must go on the No Fly List. They have openly identified themselves with and supported Hamas, a terror organization. Letting them on commercial aircraft could bring about another 9/11.

Yes they should be much tougher on faculty than students.

The dominant message of these campers is that Israel shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Right in line with Hamas and Iran and without any doubt infected with Jew hatred.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes they should be much tougher on faculty than students.

The dominant message of these campers is that Israel shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Right in line with Hamas and Iran and without any doubt infected with Jew hatred.

True. The faculty are supposed to be the adults who know better. Although I wonder how many are actual teaching faculty and how many are staff/admin. Too many of the latter on campus these days.  And any who are on visas need to be deported tout suite. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Oh the head hackers the POTUS lied about? Come on man, don't believe the US Propaganda. This war is not based on reason, it due to the religion of those running the USA. The President, whose grandkids are Jewish, Secretary of State is Jewish, in fact there is an unproportionately high  number of Jews in Senate/Government and an unproportionately low number of Muslims. Both religious groups are around 2% of the population, but many Muslims are not counted in the pop figures. Jews in Senate, 9% and in top positions, Muslims 1%. 

Can't you see why these intelligent youngsters in the US are protesting? 

This isn't a war against Jews .

Maybe I am wrong .

Are these demonstrations against Jews ?

Are these demonstrations about removing Jews from  everywhere ?

• Confused 1

Chances are that half the smooth brained idiots at these protests couldn't find Gaza on a map, nevermind articulate any sensible position on the subject.  There are more than 100 conflicts currently going on in the world, yet somehow this one particular conflict gains their attention. Wonder why...

You wonder why? That's odd.

Maybe because the conflict in Gaza and the West Bank is the worst conflict at this moment. War crimes, and ethnic cleansing (let's leave out genocide for the moment) with the assistance of American money and weapons.

And many of those students may very well have family ties with Gaza. You know, those families that have been erased indiscriminately with the help of 2000 pound American bombs.

You should read up about official IDF policies.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly, and the Yanks here, especially the Jewish ones use words to make it sound like something else. 

Indeed, and what the dichotomic media and their supporters don't mention is that there are Jews among the protesters. This is not about antisemitism but about the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

From Turkish public broadcast service TRT World:

“This has all been a distraction because they don’t want us talking about the non-stop massacre of Gaza” Jared Kannel, a Jewish student taking part in the Gaza encampment at Columbia University, tells TRT World that he feels “100% safe” on campus and that US officials are trying to evade Israel’s war crimes by exclusively focusing on “anti-Semitism” on college campuses.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

This war is not based on reason, it due to the religion of those running the USA.

This war is because Hamas launched a terror attack on Israel on Oct 7 th . 

This war is nothing to do with the Religion of Biden's grandchildren 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually what Putin has been doing to Ukraine is much worse and its happening now. Putin's intentions towards Ukraine are explicitly genocidal unlike Israel which does not have genocidal intentions towards Palestinian Arabs.

You think that about 1 million on the verge of, already in starvation, doesn't count?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Presto said:

You think that about 1 million on the verge of, already in starvation, doesn't count?

They have been staving to death for six months now .

How come they still seem to be over weight in the photos  .

Is there some boke there called Jesus feeding the 50 000 again , 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This isn't a war against Jews .

Maybe I am wrong .

Are these demonstrations against Jews ?

Are these demonstrations about removing Jews from  everywhere ?

For a large number of agitators and protestors it is. The war is giving a lot of angry hateful people cover to express their hate. If the same comments were made about muslims it would be called Islamophobia and we would have all manner of people rushing to apologize. As others have pointed out upthread, many of the protestors have no idea what they are protesting. it is a mob event, They chant  "from the river to sea" without knowing the name of the river or the sea and that it means that israel must disappear and with it, all the people inside it, both Israeli  hebrew and israeli Arab, all because they do not share the radical ideology of Hamas or islamic jihad.

Many of the events indicate the true nature of the events. for example, NBC in January reported as follows;  A swastika was projected on the facade of a University of Wisconsin-Whitewater dorm Sunday night by a group of people chanting racist remarks, according to school officials and video posted on social media.  The group was “chanting racist words, lighting what appeared to be road flares and displaying antisemitic symbols,” Chancellor Corey A. King said in a statement to students and staff members.

On April 23, CBS News reported the following in respect to the Columbia protestors; Near Columbia University, antisemitic slogans including "go back to Poland" were heard among the protesters' chants. In one video, a demonstrator can be seen holding a sign near Jewish students that reads: "Al-Qassam's next targets." Al-Qassam is the military wing of Hamas, which carried out the Oct. 7 terrorist attack on Israel, killing about 1,200 people and sparking the war in Gaza.

It's been going on since last october. 

Recent days have witnessed what Jewish students and watchdog groups describe as a raft of antisemitic incidents on college campuses. Jewish students at Cooper Union in New York City sheltered in a library as pro-Palestinian demonstrators banged on the glass walls of the building. At a pro-Palestinian protest near Tulane University, at least two students were assaulted in a melee that began when someone tried to burn an Israeli flag. And anonymous posters flooded a Cornell message board with threats, prompting the school’s president to alert the FBI. “If you see a Jewish ‘person’ on campus follow them home and slit their throats,” one message said. Another threatened to “bring an assault rifle to campus and shoot all you pig jews.”   more examples are at the article site https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/10/31/antisemitism-college-campuses-jewish-hamas-gaza/

There is obviously outspoken hatred. What is puzzling is that it is tolerated. Worse is the acceptability of the statements to students in the liberal arts who are supposed to be enlightened. And while all this is going on, Toomaj Salehi the iranian rapper and hip hop performer was sentenced to death on April 24 for lyrics that criticized the Islamic Republic's regime over the death of a  Mahsa Amini who died in police custody in late 2022, allegedly from police beating after she was arrested  for wearing an 'improper' hijab. Not a word from the protesters on this, nor on the abuse of fundamental womens'  rights in Iran. Keep up the focus on bogeyman Israel, and no one will look at  the evil that is Iran.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

The real tell is going to be how (and even if) these rioters, trespassers, and (alleged) kidnappers will be charged.  Or will they be back on campus before their next meal.

Ivy League. A lot of money for no brains. What a waste. 

Looks like the cops have emptied them out now. I wonder how many were registered students? 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They have been staving to death for six months now .

How come they still seem to be over weight in the photos  .

Is there some boke there called Jesus feeding the 50 000 again , 

Your disdain for human life, in this case Palestinian, is obvious.

Since Israel doesn't allow journalists in Gaza, or rather attack and kill them if they have the chance, I have to rely on UN reporting.

And Israel's deliberately hindering and attacking food transports doesn't bother you at all I guess.

Israel's defense minister Gallant explicitly declared a policy of starving Gaza, just after October 7th.

'

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, as Israel fights the Hamas terror group.

“I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds.'

Edited by Presto
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Presto said:

You wonder why? That's odd.

Maybe because the conflict in Gaza and the West Bank is the worst conflict at this moment. War crimes, and ethnic cleansing (let's leave out genocide for the moment) with the assistance of American money and weapons.

And many of those students may very well have family ties with Gaza. You know, those families that have been erased indiscriminately with the help of 2000 pound American bombs.

You should read up about official IDF policies.

Ethnic cleansing?  I don't think Israel or Egypt got the memo. The Gazans are still in  Gaza and are not going anywhere. They are not going to Egypt and they are not going to Israel. You do know that despite the war, the  population of Gaza is not decreasing. They keep popping out babies. Gaza has one of the highest birth rates in the world  (39th). 

As for the IDF policies, why don't you help us out and reference the specific documentation that supports your claim of ethnic cleansing.  

In respect to your claim that the US  funded ethnic cleansing, you are confused. It was Hamas that diverted cement from humanitarian aid to build its military tunnels and reinforced  bunkers for hamas select members, all the while telling the world that israel denied it cement to build homes. Remember that lie? And it was Hamas that diverted humanitarian aid of water pipes and sewage pipes to build rockets to fire the daily barrage at israel. Remember when  Hamas and NGOs were complaining about an inadequate amount of piping? now we know where all the pipes went and why KMs of new  water piping  disappeared. So technically, it can be said that the US with its generous aid donations to Gaza helped fund the Hamas  military build up.

The Gazans who have families in the USA are financially well off and are fine. They are doing well in their exclusive communities of Dearborn and elsewhere in Michigan where non muslims are not welcome. The israeli Arab hostage families on the other hand are not doing so well.  BTW, any kind words for some of the Israeli Arabs injured by Hamas and iranian missiles?   Amina al-Hassouni is the 7 year old bedouin  in the Israeli hospital ICU with a severe head injury after her family home was hit by iranian missile shrapnel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Social Media said:

The campus is on edge, with safety concerns at the forefront of everyone's minds.

IMO the only threat to anyone comes from the thug cops in their military style riot gear and clubs assaulting students and pushing them around, as seen on Al Jazeera.

It's like they haven't learned from what happened during Vietnam war protests that beating up peaceful students is not a good idea. I hope they get sued and a big payout to the students like happened before. I knew a guy got beaten up by Chicago cops during the Dem convention and he got a large payout for it.

One wonders if they need such a large number of cops if they have so many available to beat up students instead of catching criminals.

As for the protest itself, I hope it's the start of an anti apartheid style wave that sweeps israelis out of the west bank and the formation of a Palestinian state. Now wouldn't that be ironic?

• Thanks 1

Yes.

If you can't even keep your immediate surroundings neat and tidy, what right do you expect to have to voice concerns over larger and more important issues? Nobody will listen to you, and why should they.

People have been dying in Gaza since October. Yet the 'protesters' waited until the balmy days of spring to start protesting. 

It's only the encampment that started April 17th after Minouche's pitiful performance before Congress. Before that they were doing standing protests.

1 minute ago, Patong2021 said:

You do know that despite the war, the  population of Gaza is not decreasing. They keep popping out babies. Gaza has one of the highest birth rates in the world  (39th). 

Sooooo, as they keep popping out those babies it's OK to blow up thousands of kids, is it?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1