Foreigner Assaults Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver Over Fare Disagreement

webfact

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Seemed to be 'I gave you 1000' sort of disagreement.

Which was why he was saying 'show me what I paid you with'

He didn't even know what he paid with: "insisting he had given 500 or 1000 baht"

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These increasing events are an indication of the lower end tourists Thailand is now attracting. There are many reasons for this, which we have gone over, time and again. Violence is rarely ever called for, especially over small sums is money. What a creep. 

Don't forget that this behavior of foreigners, tourists or residents, are casting a shadow on the foreigners who are living in Thailand and maybe have a family.
This "chase on the bad foreigners" looks like a plan to make their stay in Thailand more difficult in the future by changes in the visa laws.
Seems like Thaksin is back on the track.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, Abdulloh was the guy beat up by the British thug.

So you've re-read the article then, having spouted off earlier. Perhaps go back and change your post eh ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

he made 2 mistakes 

1. Going to phuket

2. not agreeing the fare before his journey and being a knob

READ the thread before commenting bullsh*t
The dispute was not about the fare but about the money paid (500 or 1000 baht note) and no exchange returned.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Only because of the slapping, kicking, biting, punching and thieving done by them on the Thais.

Not because the police often side with locals against foreigners, even where the local is in the wrong, then? 🙄

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The most obvious question is the simplest & has been asked by a number of people already…

…. why does the video not start from the beginning when the British lad handed over the money ???

Without this info we don’t know of the TukTuk was short-changing the Brit & then crying victim when the Brit reacted, or, if the Brit was just a pissed up jerk who’s forgotten what he’d paid with & then escalated.

BUT… Why wouldn’t they TukTuk drive show the Brit the note he’d just paid with ???? 
Could it be because the TukTuk drive knew it was a large note & change was due but was attempting to rip off the Tourist???

Stupid of your Brit to respond that way, but sometime events push people to react in a manner then don’t want. 

I had an discussion with a shop owner that the person at the counter did not gave me the correct exchange.
I had paid with a 1000 baht bill and received exchange on 500 baht.
The security camera was only about 5 meter away.
But the recorded clip was not clear and I didn't make a fuzz out of it.
Solution: I always carry a 500 baht bill with me in the future and avoided that scam.
No fight involved (maybe because I was not an Englishman).

29 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Don't forget that this behavior of foreigners, tourists or residents, are casting a shadow on the foreigners who are living in Thailand and maybe have a family.
This "chase on the bad foreigners" looks like a plan to make their stay in Thailand more difficult in the future by changes in the visa laws.
Seems like Thaksin is back on the track.

Possibly because things are looking bad economically and the desperate need for tourism has been highlighted again.

This happened at the end of covid. It became clear how detrimental the lack of tourism had been for Thailand, so there was an anti-foreigner campaign when they started coming back.

It seems like people really don't want Thais thinking that foreigners are important to Thailand.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mancub said:

So you've re-read the article then, having spouted off earlier. Perhaps go back and change your post eh ?

What the hell are you on about?

Have you forgot to take your medication today?

Go and annoy someone else, you very strange person.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Never been to a country with so high density of expats/tourists who are misfits, addicts, mental challenged, psychopaths, conspirators, criminals than in Thailand, who claim they constantly experiencing trouble living there, and not for one sec understand they are the problem

In the early '80's I was on a holiday to Spain (Ibiza) and the place was full of Brits.
The common behavior of these Brits (hoolygan) was going to the nearest bar every day and start drinking beer and spirits.
The first person who dropped drunk from his barstool would have to foot the bill.
Unnecessary to say that in the mean time they destroyed half of the bar items.

I had a talk with an elderly British family, and they told me that England was paying/sponsoring their holiday trip abroad to prevent it to happen to British pubs.
Also, the closing hours of pubs made it worse for the drunks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What the hell are you on about?

Have you forgot to take your medication today?

Go and annoy someone else, you very strange person.

Confused you most definitely are ! 

Your first post : "The cops organised tea and scones and Abdulloh declined, it's just not British old chap. "

And then :   "Yes, Abdulloh was the guy beat up by the British thug.  "

So perhaps you can understand now, although I somehow doubt it.    

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

In the early '80's I was on a holiday to Spain (Ibiza) and the place was full of Brits.
The common behavior of these Brits (hoolygan) was going to the nearest bar every day and start drinking beer and spirits.
The first person who dropped drunk from his barstool would have to foot the bill.
Unnecessary to say that in the mean time they destroyed half of the bar items.

I had a talk with an elderly British family, and they told me that England was paying/sponsoring their holiday trip abroad to prevent it to happen to British pubs.
Also, the closing hours of pubs made it worse for the drunks.

Spain was not so unlike Thailand before it got to expensive and cheaper tickets became available for thailand.

Since 2000 it have just become worse for every year in my opinion, and maybe the covid situation and the weaker western valuta have taken a toll on some of the more vulnerable. 

We will see how it goes, and maybe Cambodia will be the next destination for those who feel they fall out in Thailand. At least those who complaining, have talked about it for years, but havent seen them moved on yet. 

Edited by Hummin

E

11 minutes ago, jonclark said:

"..a bus driver makes a pittance" - well this tuk-tuk driver charged 400 baht for a 9km journey (Patong to Karon) which takes 5 mins - probably does the same journey several times a day (if not more) for the same cost - probably makes more money than the tourist to be fair. He could well be pulling in 4k+ a day, which I assume he pays tax on when he files his annual tax return....lol. 

In phuket the fare is 400 if you just go down 200m. 400 from Patong to karon is cheap in Phuket. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, mancub said:

Confused you most definitely are ! 

Your first post : "The cops organised tea and scones and Abdulloh declined, it's just not British old chap. "

And then :   "Yes, Abdulloh was the guy beat up by the British thug.  "

So perhaps you can understand now, although I somehow doubt it.    

Omg, what's wrong with you? 

I get one word wrong in my comment and this brings out the weirdo in you.

You do understand that this is a forum, sometimes you'll see incorrect grammar, misspelled words and words that just don't fit in, there is no need to get hostile. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Not because the police often side with locals against foreigners, even where the local is in the wrong, then? 🙄

Foreigners are kicking, biting, and punching the locals, often women and you wonder why the police are taking the victims side?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I never use tuk tuks as I can't stand the often abrasive attitude of their drivers at the rank. I'd probably be the same if I had to deal with tourists all day long. I'll pay the same for a Grab taxi anyway, as tuk tuk drivers 'negotiating skills' are too often 'get as much as this mug will pay' and I can't be arsed with them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

cut him a break, he's an Aussie - they have more anger issues than most nationalities 

It aint the Aussies out there slapping, punching, biting, throwing glasses at women, etc etc.

It is the Brits.

Nice bit of whataboutism.

The Thais love the aussies. Mr Jingjoh jai dee.

And velly hansum.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Spain was not so unlike Thailand before it got to expensive and cheaper tickets became available for thailand.

The Brits in Thailand are a higher quality than the Brit tourists in Spain generally.

The Spainiards have had to put up with a lot and are quite jaded as a result.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rwill said:

Did you read the last sentence?  This is not the first time he has done it according to his father.

The last sentence did not report the father as saying that his son had done anything of the sort in the past. 

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?

He was holding a beer bottle.. Low class for sure in a baht bus... and his speech indicated he was drunk. Go ahead.. Ask me his blood alcohol lever. My answer would be... Who cares.. Appears drunk and stupid! 

• Thanks 1