Foreigner Assaults Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver Over Fare Disagreement

webfact

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Stupid post.........:coffee1:

Gottfrid, from the land of Angels.................🤔

You don´t have to be an angel to refrain from violent behavior. Oh, sorry, you are Brit and for you it´s just perfectly natural.

• Haha 2

I also guess this is another Ferang acting badly beat up. Maybe Ferang should go to Vietnam for good. And let the xenophobic Thai wonder why.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

You don´t have to be an angel to refrain from violent behavior. Oh, sorry, you are Brit and for you it´s just perfectly natural.

Go back and read your post, it's daft, you think that folk like me are like some bloke who's come here for a cheap leg-over holiday..................🤔

I suppose your lot never do anything wrong, try thinking before you post....:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Goat said:

He is obviously a Brit. And obviously in the wrong. Short changed the taxi driver and then physically assaulted him.

So why is it on this forum we can not use the headline "Brit assaults taxi driver"

Swiss Dave wasnt called Foreigner Dave. Russians, Chinese, Indians are always identified form the country they come from.

Why is it that the country that causes the most problems here are protected?

I am a foreigner, and I despise being tarred with the same brush as these idiots.

Grateful you show the stats which support your claim that Brits cause most of the problems here. I don't think the Thais would support you on that.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

For  youse what blame the driver what's the penalty for assault and battery on a Taxi man in UK? There is no excuse for violence.

Speekin 4 those of us wot blame the driver, I reckon he got off light! A slapped face (assault & battery?) for 600 baht profit! (non taxable) 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

The knucklehead tourist has now been detained by police... guilty as sin (and should be deported). He knows it (which is why he refused to show voluntary), everyone knows it. 

Well, we know that he was guilty as there was a photo circulated of him 'in action'. But do you really think that if someone assaults someone that it is grounds for deportation? Really?

Mind you, I come from a country where a foreigner can commit sexual assault and still be allowed to stay as he pretends to have converted to Christianity.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

When I first came to Thailand there were very few male tourists under 40 -

Er, hanging out in the bars you probably didnt see them.

I had a much different experience. 

22 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I've seen groups of Indian youths causing trouble with Thais, Germans fighting each other and Arabs being rude and violent towards Thai street vendors. Most of that is because they are a much younger group of tourists than we used to see.

Got a link? 

I believe passenger paid with 1000.  

Driver trying that teick wanted 1300 for a 400 fare. 

Always have lots of change before getting in taxi or rip  tuk

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

You do spout a lot of twoddle.

I thinnk you will find that the problems go with the age and booze - not nationality so wind your neck in and stop spouting your racist nonsense.  As we've seen in recent months there have been foreigners of all nationalities causing problems in Thailand.  The later headline also states that he's a Brit so where's the protection?

As I'm typing this I'm watching a bunch of American yobs beating one member of an opposite group to a pulp during the University riots in the US (on TV). Do you think they'd behave any differently if they were in Thailand?  They are just yobs and thugs and that mate - is a borderless phenomenon.

When I first came to Thailand there were very few male tourists under 40 - except for the backpackers and they've always had their own hangouts. I rarely saw any trouble in those days.  Thailand has become far more popular with younger tourists of all nationalities - they get rat ar5ed and violent.  I've seen groups of Indian youths causing trouble with Thais, Germans fighting each other and Arabs being rude and violent towards Thai street vendors. Most of that is because they are a much younger group of tourists than we used to see.

I have no idea what the mix of nationalities is in percentage terms but when I visit the bar areas most of the voices I hear are British.  They may or not make up the largest group but despite what the TAT say, there's still a hell of a lot of younger Brits visiting and a large expat community so its not so unsual to find them in the news.

I have been living in Thailand for many years in one of the tourist spots, and am very fortunate in the fact that I have never actually seen a proper fight!!! A bit of pushing and shoving, but nothing ever came of it. And yes I do go out drinking at the bars!!!

However, I have noticed, like yourself that the attitude of the younger generation of tourists can sometimes be a bit "arrogant", and that in itself flies in the face of what I was told about dealing with Thais  - always try to be polite, and you will get polite back. 

Another thing which seems to be on the increase is the similar attitude among the younger Thais towards foreigners, which is not helped by the constant barrage of "farangs behaving badly" articles. Just as an example, when the local Tesco supermarket opened here a few years ago, the mostly young staff, while inexperienced, were always helpful. Now, a lot of them are sullen, and if you ask about the location of a certain item, more often you will just get a "no have" and a walk away. Also if you say "khoob-khun krab" half the time you just get ignored.

So the problem is universal - I reckon a fall in standards down to poor education and a lack of discipline at home, and now I sound like my Dad did!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Yeah. I'm sure it was a scam, that's why he went to the police 🙄 because you always involve the police when your swindle fails. That makes sense 😂 Beer swizzling foreign tourist with a propensity for violence must be given the benefit of the doubt 😂 then he declines to show up at the police station when summoned, so he was surely the victim of a scam 😂 

SMH, are you new to Thailand, tuk tuk mafia know that they have "friendly " cops, in their pocket.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, rwill said:

Did you read the last sentence?  This is not the first time he has done it according to his father.

I did, the father of the tuk tuk driver

3 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

SMH, are you new to Thailand, tuk tuk mafia know that they have "friendly " cops, in their pocket.

Everyone is not out to get you. Relax. Your tin foil hat is about to fall off.

this is over-exaggerated story.

tuk-tuk pilots got bitten daily - its normal reaction from thais. 

but once some sad dude got feisty - everyone scream "crucify deport him!" 

max is 200THB or nothing is better solution IMO

2 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

The guy is guilty of being an a-hole with violent tendencies. Now detained by police. Indefensible. Sorry, thanks for playing

Is he a friend of yours as you seem to know him very well to make such sweeping statements? 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its not worth anyones while even attempting to discuss any such matter with any logic... So Blinded by his hatred of the British he'd find negativity in someone who'd cured cancer if they turned out to be British.

There is no evidence of balance or critical thinking in any form for this poster - his bigotry is it, thats all he has to post with, day in day out, he'll find a way to post something negative against the Brits, even if it means searching the internet to find negative story.

You are a bit off topic. It is about another violent Brit and is all over the Thai news. It isnt hatred, it is the news.

Thankfully the Thai police apprehended the thug and we are now all safer.

Locked up safely in a prison cell.

Despite what you might think, this is not the way to behave as a guest in a foreign country.

Not so tough now is the punk?

ตร.จับฝรั่งหัวร้อน! บีบคอ-ชิงเงินโชเฟอร์ตุ๊กตุ๊ก

567000003819201.JPEG

อาจเป็นรูปภาพของ 5 คน และ ข้อความพูดว่า "กระบี เรื่องเล่าเอ้านี้ 1พ.ค.2567 1 พ.ค. 2567 รวบ รวบฝรั่งบีบคอ รวมฝรั้งมีบคอคนขับตุ๊กตุก คอคน ขับ ตุ๊ก ตุ๊ก เรั่ง บีบ เรื่องเล่าเช้านี้ เช้านี้ 田 เรื่องเล่ เรื่องเล่าเช้านี้. เรื่องเล่า .com"

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its not worth anyones while even attempting to discuss any such matter with any logic...

You do realise that the Brit has been arrested and in custody for a committing a violent crime?

And the tuk tuk driver hasnt been arrested for anything and will be joining his family for dinner.

And you are trying to spin this into what exactly because i havent joined your chorus of blaming the tuk tuk driver who was just working trying to make a living

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

Thanks for misquoting me, for whatever reason you chose.

Mine was a QUESTION saying 'IS IT possible that that the driver saw that the Brit was drunk and possibly new to Thailand, and scammed him?'

My apologies for misreading your comment.

• Thanks 1

ตร.จับฝรั่งหัวร้อน! บีบคอ-ชิงเงินโชเฟอร์ตุ๊กตุ๊ก

If it had of been me I dont think I would have restrained myself as well as the young Thai gentleman did.

I would have driven off dragging tough boy along the road.

Patient people these Thais.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

You do realise that the Brit has been arrested and in custody for a committing a violent crime?

And the tuk tuk driver hasnt been arrested for anything and will be joining his family for dinner.

And you are trying to spin this into what exactly because i havent joined your chorus of blaming the tuk tuk driver who was just working trying to make a living

But you don't know the full story, do you, just want to hang a Brit...

Let's wait and see what transpires, eh.........😉

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I wonder what "Brit" find you will post on tomorrow............🤭

Too busy tomorrow.

I will be out searching for the missus again.