Is this what Trump should do ? -

CharlieH

From APRIL 11, 2024

Then there’s another, less explored route that Trump’s team could try: asking the judge to give the jury the option of convicting him on lesser, misdemeanor offenses instead of the felony counts that have actually been brought by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg and his team of prosecutors.

A person familiar with Trump’s legal strategy told me that some of Trump’s lawyers have quietly — albeit tentatively — considered that option in the run-up to the trial, which has not been previously reported. Trump’s attorneys did not respond to a request for comment.

“Now, obviously he doesn’t want” to be convicted at all, the person familiar with Trump’s legal strategy said, “but a misdemeanor conviction in state court in Manhattan is going to have absolutely no effect on this guy’s ability to run for office or on his liberty.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/11/trump-alvin-bragg-trial-win-00151558

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Walker88 said:

While your argument has some validity, trump is unlikely to win over independents by admitting he's:

---a pathological liar

---a serial philanderer

---a career business fraudster (his previous convictions for bank, insurance and charity fraud just add to his negative image)

He will never lose his cult, as they have never been rational, nor do they care even if he was a pedo or cannibal. They would just worship him more for 'being who he is'. His cult lives vicariously through him. They have no clue what his policies are, other than to 'own the libs'. They see via him a chance to forget the banal and meaningless lives they have led, and 'get back' at all the people who have succeeded in life without excuse. trump's appeal is that he gives his cult an excuse for being what they are: losers.

Are you implying that Trump's mega rich donors live boring and meaningless lives?  Your description fits many other candidates' supporters.

• Confused 3

On 5/3/2024 at 8:57 AM, CharlieH said:

I have an unconventional perspective on this matter. If I were Trump, I'd opt to plead guilty. I'd aim to reduce it to a single charge, pay the fines, endure any business repercussions, perhaps serve a brief jail sentence, and portray myself as a martyr. This tactic could generate substantial fundraising, with Secret Service ensuring my safety. By doing so, I could swiftly conclude the legal proceedings, evade the daily courtroom appearances, and focus on my campaign. This trial is likely the only one preceding the election. If I resume campaigning vigorously, I could secure the presidency in November, effectively ending all legal troubles. It might sound radical, but if Trump doesn't make this strategic move, if he doesn't change his plea, and persists with the trial, it could prolong the ordeal by another six weeks. How much worse could it get for him?

Rachel Maddow, the well-known MSNBC host, has been closely following the legal proceedings surrounding former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial. Let’s delve into what she has observed and her unique perspective on the matter.

1. Inside the Courtroom: Rachel Maddow had the opportunity to be present in a Manhattan courtroom during Trump’s trial. She described Trump as appearing “annoyed” and “miserable” while facing more than 30 counts related to hush money payments1. It’s striking to witness the demeanor of a former president in such a legal setting.

2. The Hush Money Case: The case revolves around payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels to allegedly cover up an affair with Trump. These hush money payments have been a subject of intense scrutiny and investigation2. Maddow’s reporting sheds light on the timeline of events and the sudden dissipation of the SDNY (Southern District of New York) investigation.

news-logo-btm.jpg

The thing is... you're hopefully not an erratic egomaniac narcist, are you?😳

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Wake Up1 said:

Only President in the history of the USA to not peacefully transfer power is Trump. I do not deny that others including Biden are not saints or perfect. But Trump has caused more damage to our elections, democracy, courts, and has taught his followers the lie that manners are weak, try to win by intimidation, and he is above the law. He is a complete user with no morals, ethics and is like a dangerous TV preacher or cult leader.  It is hard to imagine anyone would want their child to imitate and grow up to act like Trump. 

None of my children and grandchildren come even close in behavior and attitude to either one of these despicable men.  Both display a lack of character and are conniving liars.

• Confused 8