So many lonely guys

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

I told him to watch where he was going. Wearing dark glasses on a dark day. I mean, really.

And that labrador didn't help.

Said the blind man:

"But...but they told me at the school it was a German Shepard".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm here to read my books

I don't think many people come to Pattaya to read books ,George you're a strange one.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

old bored expats 

whinging stories 

Lonely guys

living in shoe boxes

You do know, most of the foreigners living in the many View Talays are members here on AN forums. 

From what you described, it's probably why I read so many threads with negative, nasty comments. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How often does that happen to you?

Sometimes I start a conversation with a stranger, and sometimes a stranger starts a conversation with me. I met interesting people that way.

I think the important part it that we or the other guy doesn't have to answer. Or maybe just nod and that's it. I wouldn't want to try to talk to someone 3 times and he ignores me 3 times. Or the other way around. But in my experience that happens seldom.

On the other hand, many people write that they have no friends. Or complain that others only look at their phones. I think there is nothing wrong with meeting new people.

Some people shout at them to F Off.

1 minute ago, champers said:

Some people shout at them to F Off.

For some constantly annoying people that is a good way to make sure they never do it again.

The important part is that there is not always the same solution. Sometimes A makes sense, and sometimes B, and sometimes maybe C or D.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Lonely guys ,please don't make a expat life exciting if you are living in shoe boxes looking to attention seeking for lonilessness 

Life here in Pattaya doesn't look exciting to these old bored expats 

Where does the small apartment come into it?  If they had a larger apartment then they wouldn't seek this attention from you?

Edited by BangkokReady

1 minute ago, stoner said:

so many lonely guys ? aaaaaaaand you go to pattaya for a holiday ? why ? there are so many destinations both within thailand and around the world. yet you chose to go to a place with the most concentration of prostitutes in the world......to read a book. 

na it'll be fine. 

And why not, are you a Vicar........?  :neus:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Where does the small apartment come into it?  If they had a larger apartment then they would seek this attention from you?

I feel like they recognise me as a newbie here so all the weird ones come out 

I'm sitting at the entrance to the condo building waiting for my Bolt,when a old guy with a walking stick looks at me and without warning says " I get chafing between my legs you know " 

I looked up at him ,I had no idea what to say ,just I was shocked 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You do know, most of the foreigners living in the many View Talays are members here on AN forums. 

From what you described, it's probably why I read so many threads with negative, nasty comments. 

Yes !

There some angry looking old characters walking around 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Where does the small apartment come into it?  If they had a larger apartment then they would seek this attention from you?

It's common for people that are unsatisfied to seek out others to talk about their problems.

Typically a box shoe room causes dissatisfaction in most people. A lot of guys in Pattaya are single and live in box shoe rooms. That pretty much leaves other expats hanging around that venue or prostitutes to talk to. You do also get a handful of guys that seem to love cheap places, it's up to you whether you interpret that as genuine or denial.

If you goto higher end properties you don't get that nagging as much. People there keep to themselves much more or they tend to be happier staying in their living quarters more.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I walked from Jomtien Rompho yesterday to Central Festival,wasn't easy but I did it 

Instead you should have walked the other way. Just past Soi 1 BeachRd. Jomtien, you see a newish red Building. Ground floor has a Gym with Aircon. Its not freezing cold and its not too expensive, you even get free cold water (but bring your own bottle).

Btw. does Tonys still sell lifetime Memberships for 6k baht, or was it 10K? Anyway, In that case the mentioned Gym may be too expensive for you. I do not want that you can't afford the aircon in your shoebox and then it will be as hot in your shoebox as the shoebox of the other Gents you complain about. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CHdiver said:

Instead you should have walked the other way. Just past Soi 1 BeachRd. Jomtien, you see a newish red Building. Ground floor has a Gym with Aircon. Its not freezing cold and its not too expensive, you even get free cold water (but bring your own bottle).

Btw. does Tonys still sell lifetime Memberships for 6k baht, or was it 10K? Anyway, In that case the mentioned Gym may be too expensive for you. I do not want that you can't afford the aircon in your shoebox and then it will be as hot in your shoebox as the shoebox of the other Gents you complain about. 

Can't stand a/c gyms since covid. Breathing in all that sickness from other people working out is not for me. Have fun in your cool gym 🤣.

11 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes 

I went back to a man's condo last Wednesday night.

He is from NZ , he is very foolish with his money and invited some Thai guys and their girlfriends around that he had met a week before at the markets , apparently they had market stalls 

I only found out later he wanted to put in 500b to buy them beer and prawns to sharec

He later complaint to me the thai people had used him and wanted gasoline money in which one Thai  guy actually asked me for , I said to him to ask Eric the guy who invited them,nothing to do with me gasoline money 

Anyway Eric had run out of money and they didn't bring anything to the party he said ,we had to buy the prawns and beer , 

I told him he shouldn't of invited them over ,for what reason?

I left after one hour anyway ,they wernt keen on a conversation and kept guzzing down the beer!

The audacity of one of the Thai guys with his GF to ask be for gasoline money 

I was out of there after one hour ,! 

Come on give it up you even follow guys into a men's can.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Guys are used to sitting at a barstool near other guys and expecting a conversation.

Exactly, when I go to a bar it is for a drink and some company. That's either going to be with a girl or a chat with a fellow farang and maybe a laugh or two. If the OP cannot handle social situations then maybe he's better off in his room or sitting on his balcony (if he has one).

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I then had to get my headphones out or move, he then got angry tapped me on the shoulder ' hey buddy do you know what time it is ?

Well either he wants to know and you can tell him to look on his phone, or he is telling you that at that hour you should not be sitting around quietly, but out bar hitting!

Posted (edited)

yep i have a shoebox room as i only use it to shower and sleep

use my headphones as soon as i go out..spotify all day

ride my bike daily to get outside and be active..til dark..eat..go home

smile and wave the thai ladies cat calling me for a massage!

aint life grand...get busy living or get busy dying...

and im the only white guy in my thai apt--thais avoid me at all costs here....and im fine with it

i say hello to the owners and to the manager.....mind my own business .....

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Typically a box shoe room causes dissatisfaction in most people. 

Uh-uh. Since I moved next door to my wife -to a veritable shoe box- my happiness has amped up a whole letter grade.

I feel like I have been moving towards a mini-fridge lifestyle my whole life. I don't think I can ever go back to having separate fridge door for a freezer compartment.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Can't stand a/c gyms since covid. Breathing in all that sickness from other people working out is not for me. Have fun in your cool gym 🤣.

Maybe another institution would be better suited for you instead of a gym. :ninja:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

a old guy with a walking stick looks at me and without warning says " I get chafing between my legs you know " 

I looked up at him ,I had no idea what to say ,just I was shocked 

Assuming this story isn't made up, like most of them:

Why not use the basic brains that god gave you and toss out something like, "Sorry to hear that, talcum powder is your friend, feel better"?

And yet, in the face of this most elemental of social encounters, you say you were completely stumped and slack-jawed agog.

You say you need "a warning" to discuss chaffing. How does that even work?

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Pop up picture books ? Janet and John book 1 ? Can you really read, or is it audio ?

200w(3).gif.c41097fd2a27f724c1752a5e03b5eb55.gif

I have started try to listen to these audio books 

That way I can do my walking as well 

I like to walk KMs everyday if I can 

Walked yesterday Jomtien to Tonys gym ,wasn't easy !!

I'm not up to date on technology though 

I have just discovered these podcasts but they don't seem interesting

• Confused 1