Shopee/Lazada credit card vs cash on delivery

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

It's inconceivable that Lazada, a giant cross border customer oriented organisation, would operate a small-time scam or indeed a scam of any kind. 

Just take Jayboy’s advice and ring ‘em up and get it sorted.

You didn’t offer answers to any of my simple questions. Until then I propose it’s a scam. If there is good reason not to refund my bank account, let me spend money in my “wallet” or simply send me the item I purchased (a few of my “refunds” were supposedly low or out of stock), I’m all ears. But there are no good answers. Scam. 

like I was on the phone with lazada for hours and I was just telling the lady “just send me the item I bought and that you canceled”. They won’t do it. Anyway whatever I’m over it I’m just reporting the experience. 

Edited by Robert Paulson

On 5/4/2024 at 5:40 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Many people lose “refunds” on lazada. I guess it’s your post that is ridiculous. 

Last week I'd been waiting on an order for 10 days, Lazada themselves cancelled the order and refunded the money. I've never had a problem.

Hardest thing to get is money refund from Lazada been trying 8 months still can't get access to using my wallet which has 750 baht as far paying by credit card no way deliveries always get cancelled cos l didn't answer their call 

On 5/4/2024 at 5:40 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Many people lose “refunds” on lazada. I guess it’s your post that is ridiculous. 

Bought 100" of times from Lazada.. Never lost a refund

Just now, Jeffrey346 said:

Bought 100" of times from Lazada.. Never lost a refund

Maybe I’ll get my money back one day. If I build up enough “refunds” in my “wallet” maybe then they’ll realize oh we should cash this guy out. Or actually, probably not

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Use the new QR Code payment option.. Refunds are immediate. 

I use a “reference number”. If that option is available I’m happy to try it. In what step do I change things up on the checkout pay method in lazada or actually in the mobile app when I pay?

honestly, if I ever get immediate refunds on lazada I’ll be ecstatic. Especially compared to all my past “refunds” which they just keep instead

Edited by Robert Paulson

40 minutes ago, Albaby said:

Last week I'd been waiting on an order for 10 days, Lazada themselves cancelled the order and refunded the money. I've never had a problem.

Yes I’ve had that. With me lazada cancels and then I never get my refund. Or I do and it goes into a wallet I can’t use if you didn’t see my previous posts. It’s annoying. I wish they’d just leave it to the vendors to cancel orders. I’ve never had a problem with a vendor one time! Only problems with lazada keeping my refunds to themselves. 

• Like 1

Maybe lazada will see my posts and wide up and realize they need to free up “refund” that reside in customers own wallets. another solution I’ve tried which is even more frustrating, I’ve had lazada cancel my orders, I can’t access my refund. I then spent hours with them one day just asking to send me the item again. They won’t do it. So I paid. They have the money. They cancel. And I can’t get the item resent. Those are facts I could prove it and back it up all day. Happened a few times. Get with it lazada. 

On 5/4/2024 at 5:58 PM, Robert Paulson said:

pay with mobile banking is a reach around. They cancel, you get a “refund” and it goes into your “wallet” and then you can’t use it unless you follow 2 pages of complicated banking instructions. I should note I’m only talking about what lazada does.

"...you can’t use it unless you follow 2 pages of complicated banking instructions".

Nonsense, it is listed in the payment options, just click on that and use it to pay for the next order.

On 5/4/2024 at 5:59 PM, Robert Paulson said:

I should note I actually find lazada sellers quite good. It’s when lazada inserts themselves in the mix that they heist you and ruin the experience 

Such as what personal experiences?

On 5/4/2024 at 6:03 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 5/4/2024 at 5:59 PM, Robert Paulson said:

I should note I actually find lazada sellers quite good. It’s when lazada inserts themselves in the mix that they heist you and ruin the experience 

I've found the opposite, Lazada have given me an early refund twice before the seller even confirms. Very good,

Same here, I was advised by Lazada of a refund due to the slow reaction of a seller to my order before I'd even noticed the delay and it was in the bank before I read their advice.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:46 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Nope. Not with me. I can price it I have funds in my lazada “wallet” that I can’t spend. 

If you have a Lazada wallet, what stops you from spending the contents?  The wallet is a payment option on every order.

On 5/4/2024 at 5:32 PM, lexxy said:

Ridiculous. I use credit card or now QR option which has appeared this year.

Sometimes i change mind and it only takes a few days (for CC) to bounce back to my wise card.

With prepaid you no have to move out of bed, they will call you and you tell them where to leave it i.e with security.

You can go on with your COD but your justification is ridiculous especially seeing most stuff you buy is sub 200b..

On 5/4/2024 at 6:47 PM, richard_smith237 said:

It may not be the case... but, particularly with Chinese vendors I've often found that they cancel the order, then when I search for the same item again, its available from different vendor using exactly the same photos...     my guess is 'bait and switch'...   

... they list items cheaply to draw you in, when you pull the tigger they are not available and if you want the item, you chose the more expensive option...  I suspect its a business model some of the vendors use - its particularly annoying when purchasing something on a 'time-line'... 

mobile banking is most convenient if there's a secure place to store your package in case you're not home upon delivery. 

On 5/4/2024 at 5:27 PM, kwak250 said:

So a while ago lots of people were saying it was much easier paying with credit card/mobile banking.

I always paid with cash and for a while started paying with my kbank app.

Yes it was easier and I could get them to leave the parcel at the entrance to our house without having to be in to collect the parcel.

I have now had 2 parcels cancelled by the seller which means I have to wait 7-14 days for the payment to be returned to my bank according to shopee. 

Forget that I am going back to cash on delivery.

Luckily both items were only a few thousand baht but after waiting for a week and not seeing them even being packed I could have cancelled before if I had not paid.

Cod for me from now on.

Cash is the only way to go.

Parcel no show ................. No loss to me

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:41 PM, transam said:

C.O.D. for me, done it for years, they phone when on route, if you are not in, you tell them to come back the next day..........Easy...🤗

Same, as you pay with CC!

• Agree 1

On 5/4/2024 at 12:40 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Did you see how many of these items had already been sold and see the buyers reviews and delivery times before you made your order?

Yes 1000's

Only ever used CC and no problems. A few issues and always go my money back. 

Pre paying comes in handy when you get a parcel ( I was confused as I had not ordered anything) and they say 790 baht COD. I just said never order COD and walked off. Only happened once.

43 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Cash is the only way to go.

Parcel no show ................. No loss to me

Nor if you pay.  But from not having a no show in hundreds of orders not sure that is a concern for most locations.  In the one case of shipping mis delivery Lazada recovered/delivered package within an hour of my reporting. 

On 5/4/2024 at 5:36 PM, lexxy said:

Ridiculous. why are you even here

I returned an item which I had paid for COD  to _________.   It was refunded into my "Wallet"   only problem is I never had a wallet with them    they  created the wallet for me .   So I try to "Activate" the wallet and I am told that a Falong can not have a wallet.     

Just now, sangtip2 said:

I returned an item which I had paid for COD  to _________.   It was refunded into my "Wallet"   only problem is I never had a wallet with them    they  created the wallet for me .   So I try to "Activate" the wallet and I am told that a Falong can not have a wallet.     

I had a similar issue  eventually the trader  working with Lazada refunded money directly to my wife's bank account  perhaps you have a trusted friend or relative that could act as a proxy for you ?

For low-value or non-Lazmall marked items, I always us 'cash on delivery'

For higher-value items that have the Lazmall mark I use my Golden creditcard, as doing so doubles the warranty-period. 

In both cases - cash on delivery or pre-paid - you get a phone-call that they are on their way, as the delivery staff doesn't want to run the risk of not being able to deliver.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:03 PM, KhunLA said:

COD for us, avoids any issues ...

... not received (never happened though)

... damaged on arrive (happened once, but not obvious, refunded)

... no wait for refund, though TBH, easy enough

... not a problem being here, as no schedule

and tracking lets you know the day it will arrive

... one 'flash & kerry' driver knows us so well, that if not here, leaves parcel (s), 

and rings/msg the wife, to transfer funds, if she missed the initial call.

Same as me. Lazada have wife's phone number, if not in, they phone her, she transfers funds and they leave package inside gate. My financial situation these days makes me very weary of giving out my credit card details.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

That was old policy.  New & improved, though do have to set up with the app.

In the past, just send them an email, and they'd send you an mail, with instructions.  Basically just asking where to send the refund.   Done it a few times, and last week or so was the first refund to my wallet in years.

LAX will always help, but you may have to actually ask.

Edited by KhunLA