Do you have the victim mentality?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

,I can't eat it 

I looked at him

I thought you were going to say 'I'll eat it'. 

Sorry mate, just my sense of humour 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

Seems to me the meaning of the word "victim" does not fit any of the scenarios described.

General definition being :

A person who is harmed or injured as a result of a crime, accident or action.

A person who is tricked or duped.

As for victim mentality:

‌You feel attacked when someone tries to offer helpful feedback. ‌Feeling bad for yourself gives you relief or pleasure. ‌

You attract people who blame others and complain about their life. ‌It's difficult for you to examine yourself and make changes

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I said ,I'm not your victim , it's not my responsibility to pay you more it's Bolt's ,next time don't accept the job !

Never had this problem with Grab.

14 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I thought you were going to say 'I'll eat it'. 

Sorry mate, just my sense of humour 😂

😂😂🤣I thought you were going to say "I'll eat her ! ,the young waitress 😂 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Seems to me the meaning of the word "victim" does not fit any of the scenarios described.

General definition being :

A person who is harmed or injured as a result of a crime, accident or action.

A person who is tricked or duped.

As for victim mentality:

‌You feel attacked when someone tries to offer helpful feedback. ‌Feeling bad for yourself gives you relief or pleasure. ‌

You attract people who blame others and complain about their life. ‌It's difficult for you to examine yourself and make changes

If you read the book

"Pulling your own strings" by Dr Wayne Dyer he describes victim mentality as different 

Eg he describes, someone approaches you in the street to sell something, you apologise or you stand there and listen ,that's a victim he says 

A non victim walks away 

Great book 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Reading some great books last month on psychology by Dr Wayne Dyer 

I was sitting at a Thai food place today , a older gentleman sitting at the next table.

They bring him his food ,he takes a bite and says to the waitress this is not pork 

She responded, No have ,mai mee 

He looked at me " this is Thailand, they don't have it they bring something else ,I can't eat it 

I looked at him "well ask for something else and stop becoming a victim !

Next story involved me 

I ordered a BOLT car to my favourite bookshop 

The fare was like 79b 

A taxi pulls up ,he said I'm your bolt 

I get in and he tries to make me his victim

I only get 47b from this ride ,I need to charge you more money 

I said ,I'm not your victim , it's not my responsibility to pay you more it's Bolt's ,next time don't accept the job !

And many farangs are victims 

"You tip me ok said the waitress to me at the now defunct Jomtien fish n chip shop 

You tip me 

Darling I said I'm not your victim !!

Should get yourself checked out.

https://bangkokpattayahospital.com/center_clinics/mental-health/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Never had this problem with Grab.

Grab don't have taxis as contractors 

It seems Bolt have the yellow and brown coloured who he didn't seem to be happy

Tough ! I have read the book "pulling your own strings " and I refuse to be a victim 

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

If you read the book

"Pulling your own strings" by Dr Wayne Dyer he describes victim mentality as different 

Eg he describes, someone approaches you in the street to sell something, you apologise or you stand there and listen ,that's a victim he says 

A non victim walks away 

Great book 

A beggar approached me in an airport. Started out friendly then asked for 200 baht. I asked him a few questions which upset him then he asked for 10 baht and I said no. After that he walked away calling me names.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

If you read the book

A non victim walks away 

Great book 

A quick google of that books find a better quote for you,

“In their working life, many people stay in unfulfilling jobs because they feel constrained by their present experience or because they fear change. Dyer shows that by being enthusiastic and flexible, you can find the work to be happy.”

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Grab don't have taxis as contractors 

It seems Bolt have the yellow and brown coloured who he didn't seem to be happy

Tough ! I have read the book "pulling your own strings " and I refuse to be a victim 

Cool. I'm guessing you've contracted wokeness somewhere along the line. 

Can be absolutely debilitating if not treated early enough. It's almost as bad as gambling.

45 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Reading some great books last month on psychology by Dr Wayne Dyer 

I was sitting at a Thai food place today , a older gentleman sitting at the next table.

They bring him his food ,he takes a bite and says to the waitress this is not pork 

She responded, No have ,mai mee 

He looked at me " this is Thailand, they don't have it they bring something else ,I can't eat it 

I looked at him "well ask for something else and stop becoming a victim !

Next story involved me 

I ordered a BOLT car to my favourite bookshop 

The fare was like 79b 

A taxi pulls up ,he said I'm your bolt 

I get in and he tries to make me his victim

I only get 47b from this ride ,I need to charge you more money 

And many farangs are victims 

"You tip me ok said the waitress to me at the now defunct Jomtien fish n chip shop 

You tip me 

Darling I said I'm not your victim !!

Many people working in Pattaya are only there to try and get as much money out of foreigners as they can. They are working there instead of somewhere else closer to their home town and more comfortable for them because they are grifter types, hustlers, whatever you want to call them. Not all, but many are like that. So those experiences you mention are common and almost nonstop in Pattaya. But not in many other places in Thailand where many of the locals show generosity to foreigners instead. I myself wouldn't want to live in a place where I'm viewed as a walking ATM, so up to you, but don't whinge about it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Phat Dawg said:

Many people working in Pattaya are only there to try and get as much money out of foreigners as they can. They are working there instead of somewhere else closer to their home town and more comfortable for them because they are grifter types, hustlers, whatever you want to call them. Not all, but many are like that. So those experiences you mention are common and almost nonstop in Pattaya. But not in many other places in Thailand where many of the locals show generosity to foreigners instead. I myself wouldn't want to live in a place where I'm viewed as a walking ATM, so up to you, but don't whinge about it. 

A victim mentality can be anywhere in the World not just Asia 

I bump into you on a street , you say sorry to me !

according to Dr Wayne Dyer you have become a "victim " 

50 minutes ago, susanlea said:

A beggar approached me in an airport. Started out friendly then asked for 200 baht. I asked him a few questions which upset him then he asked for 10 baht and I said no. After that he walked away calling me names.

At least it made a change from you calling other people names.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Wayne Dyer is pseudo-psychological quackery. 

Psychology for dummies.

Not saying you're a dummy.

you might not be... 

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1