Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

Just now, Neeranam said:
On 5/6/2024 at 9:33 PM, advancebooking said:

A mate of mine is aged in 40s.

That probably means you are nearer 50. :cheesy:

How old exactly? 

What's the point of such comments?

Maybe you are still young, and you look down on those old people.

But imagine if you are old, let's say 60, and then you have the choice to have sex with a 60 year old woman for "free" or you pay a little money and have sex with a hot sexy girl. What would you choose? The old woman? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What does "takes away" mean in this context? It's important to know that.

Out of the family home, maybe to his place, or a hotel?

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Ipso-facto all 18 year olds think that 25 year old men are you old?

No, some of them go with old men, maybe even 27-yo, to impress their friends how grown up they are. 😉 

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

What's the point of such comments?

Maybe you are still young, and you look down on those old people.

But imagine if you are old, let's say 60, and then you have the choice to have sex with a 60 year old woman for "free" or you pay a little money and have sex with a hot sexy girl. What would you choose? The old woman? 

I doubt you'll get a straight answer out of him. He seems a little too passionate about this one.

Some people just need to shame others for some reason.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Ipso-facto all 18 year olds think that 25 year old men are you old?

No idea what ipso-facto means but yeah, I remember thinking 30-year old were old when I was 20. 

My point is that an 18 year old Thai girl does not find any male over say 25 attractive. 

If the OP is 49, this is perverted that he wants to shag an 18 year old. Sadly, many perverts come to Thailand for exactly this reason.  

Do you want to be in one more old farang's gang?

Edited by Neeranam

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No idea what ipso-facto means but yeah, I remember thinking 30-year old were old when I was 20. 

My point is that an 18 year old Thai girl does not find any male over say 25 attractive. 

If the OP is 49, this is perverted that he wants to shag an 18 year old. Sadly, many perverts come to Thailand for exactly this reason.  

Do you want to be in anotherfarang's gang?

As far as I know Gary Glitter is a convicted pedophile. And a pedophile is someone who has sex with prepubescent children - age up to maybe 13 years old. Up to!

Guys who like pretty young post puberty girls are just normal guys. Enough surveys established that as a fact. It's also called biology.

Obviously, lots of guys deny that. Why? Old feminists don't want to hear the truth. And lots of guys are conditioned enough to make sure not to upset those old feminists.

P.S.: If old guys are only interested in 16 year old girls, then that is another medical condition. Many of us just like young and beautiful and don't care too much if she is 18 or 25. That is called normal male behavior. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

The reason for the German guy being arrested was because he was paying for sex under the legal age for prostitution which I believe is 20 if someone can confirm that 

Paying for sex from someone aged 18 and over is not illegal, assuming it's done privately and not in a "brothel".

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

And my point is that you are wrong.

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you want to be in one more old farang's gang?

So now you're saying that if you claim that an 18 year old could find an older guy attractive that you must be the same as someone who had sex with minors?

You're being pretty pathetic now, tbh.

It's fine to disagree with someone, but to say "agree with me or be labelled the same as a man who has sex with minors" is very low.

It suggests that you lack any kind of objectivity on this subject. Probably some feelings you don't like inside you somewhere.

If you can't discuss something rationally and politely, you probably shouldn't bother.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know Gary Glitter is a convicted pedophile. And a pedophile is someone who has sex with prepubescent children - age up to maybe 13 years old. Up to!

Guys who like pretty young post puberty girls are just normal guys. Enough surveys established that as a fact. It's also called biology.

Obviously, lots of guys deny that. Why? Old feminists don't want to hear the truth. And lots of guys are conditioned enough to make sure not to upset those old feminists.

P.S.: If old guys are only interested in 16 year old girls, then that is another medical condition. Many of us just like young and beautiful and don't care too much if she is 18 or 25. That is called normal male behavior. 

I think this and the fact that he was unwilling to answer my question about a girl going with an ugly guy her own age for money makes it fairly clear that guy has a problem.

He certainly isn't arguing rationally or honestly.

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think this and the fact that he was unwilling to answer my question about a girl going with an ugly guy her own age for money makes it fairly clear that guy has a problem.

What question?

In my opinion a kiddy fiddler can be one who hunts for girls or boys even if they are post pubescent. One guy I worked with was jailed for years fir exactly that -  Steven Prowler. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

What question?

In my opinion a kiddy fiddler can be one who hunts for girls or boys even if they are post pubescent. One guy I worked with was jailed for years fir exactly that -  Steven Prowler. 

Now you're talking about "kiddie fiddlers". Exactly my point.

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

OMG, you are saying that I have the problem thinking that a 49  year old many looking for sex with a Thai girl of borderline age of consent is wrong. Bizarre. I bet you have no Thai daughters ?

12 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It suggests that you lack any kind of objectivity on this subject. Probably some feelings you don't like inside you somewhere.

Remarkable. Could it be you are trying to justify some actions you have taken with young Thai prostitutes? 

In my opinion a kiddy fiddler can be one who hunts for girls or boys even if they are post pubescent.

It's one or the other.

A pedophile is only interested in prepubescent children.

Guys who are (also) interested in late teens are not pedophiles and they are not interested in prepubescent children.

It's something completely different.

Maybe you don't know or more likely you don't want to know, or you just don't understand it.

I will put you on my ignore list. Not because you have a different opinion but because what you write doesn't make any sense. There is no point arguing on that level.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

OMG, you are saying that I have the problem thinking that a 49  year old many looking for sex with a Thai girl of borderline age of consent is wrong.

Clearly that isn't what I said.

As I said, if you can't argue rationally, you maybe shouldn't bother.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

Remarkable. Could it be you are trying to justify some actions you have taken with young Thai prostitutes? 

More shaming and accusations. This isn't the way to have a discussion.

Go take out your issues somewhere else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Clearly that isn't what I said.

As I said, if you can't argue rationally, you maybe shouldn't bother.

Exactly what you said. I understand you're type prefer other like-minded guys to come in and share how it's perfectly normal for a an old foreign  man to have sex with an impoverished 3rd world Thai peasant. 

I'll leave you to it, justifying your own perversions. Not the type of foreigners we want here.  

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

More shaming and accusations. This isn't the way to have a discussion.

Go take out your issues somewhere else.

Look at you r post I was replying to, jeez, my last word on this.. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly what you said. I understand you're type prefer other like-minded guys to come in and share how it's perfectly normal for a an old foreign  man to have sex with an impoverished 3rd world Thai peasant. 

I'll leave you to it, justifying your own perversions. Not the type of foreigners we want here.  

Absolutely mad. The only thing I said to you is that it's possible for an 18 year girl to find an older guy attractive, and look at all the garbage you're spouting here. 🙄

Edited by BangkokReady

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Absolutely mad. The only thing I said to you is that it's possible for an 18 year girl to find an older guy attractive, and look at all the garbage you're spouting here. 🙄

Only for 18yos with daddy issues who want money. 

13 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Only for 18yos with daddy issues who want money. 

That obviously brings up the question how many 18yo in Thailand don't have daddy issues and don't want money?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is not that "I consider that to be the age of consent", it is not my considered opinion, it is a fact.  The only subject that I have been responding about is what the OP asked, "What is the age of consent in Thailand" and it is 15. 

LOL, in Thailand nothing is a simple as what is written. Given that most of us don't read Thai, a translation may only give part of the truth, or not be the correct truth. As I found out, what is written is not necessarily as it is in reality.

In general, the law is what the official on the spot decides it should be.

While the translations say 15, in reality, depending on a myriad of circumstances it may not be 15.

If I were going to be bonking a 15 year old in Thailand ( I never would have, but that is beside the point here ), I'd be making sure that the entire extended family, and the local plod were OK with it, before even being alone with said temptress.

I suspect the girl is looking for a new i phone and such like, and I know what the man is wanting, but sometimes, a trap is so glaringly obvious that the fly should just not go there.

8 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

For me the pervert is the one who gets turned on by a 40 years old woman. Sex is for reproduction, one shouldn't be attracted by the infertile. Man, old woman, underage, dog, etc..

You must be a blast at parties.

Posted (edited)

I quote from coconut:

"The age of consent in Thailand is 15, according to Article 279 of the Criminal Code."

Ha! So LiverpoolLou knew it all along!

LiverpoolLou should tell the police, obviously they don't know the law.

Oh, wait...I quote again:

The age of consent in Thailand is 15, according to Article 279 of the Criminal Code. However, if a sexual encounter occurs with a teen (aged 15-18) outside the home it requires parental consent.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/tiktok-teacher-luke-rockwell-arrested-after-sex-with-16-year-old/

BTW I always wondered what it means to "take away" a 16-year-old from her parents (see @Neeranam's quote).  Obviously, Mr Rockwell didn't take away the girl.  But it doesn't matter (and it doesn't help him) what I think,  it only matters how the police interpret the law.

Edited by Lorry