Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

17 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

My understanding is that the online 90-day reporting has to be done 15 days before the due date. So doing it a week before the due date won't work.

Your understanding is incorrect.

The timeframe for submitting an online 90 day report is often misquoted as '15 days before' which is not the same as 'within 15 days' as per Immigration quote.

'Within' 15 days includes the report date. If using the term 'before' the report date, which does not include the report date, then it's 14 days.

You can report online from 14 days 'before' the due date up until and including the due date.

Info graphs don't lie.

Onlinecalendar90day..png.54a35b5a8f2567a3d20d4d29f6de94b8.png

Similarly, in person, it's 6 days 'after' the due date, which does not include the due date.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, oldestswinger said:

Whatever the reason for rejection of a 90-day report, Immigration should have been given several boxes for the most usual reasons for rejection so that they can tick one. 

They do.

Recently querying my last rejected 90 day report for the reason of 'Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date.'
The IO checked the details on their system against the details I provided and couldn't find fault anywhere.
Although the screen was at an angle to me, I could see there were several options to choose from as to why the report was rejected.

That said, would it matter which option was chosen as a reason, as it's still a rejection.

Same thing happened to my wife and me.  Nothing had changed, and we have been doing the 90-day thing online for years without a problem.  Nothing we like better than a 100-km round trip to the immigration office, where we were told to "wait and see" what the results would be next time we try.  Even they have no idea what the problem is.  What a <deleted> waste of everyone's time.

21 hours ago, dairy queen said:

I have tried twice to do 90-day reporting online. Twice I have gotten the message,

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

The next notification is 15h May. (I have got a stapled notice in my passport). I'm on a new non-O visa which I recently got a 1-year marriage extension on.

Can I do the 90-day report at Chaengwattana?

The same just happened to me twice. The reason is that the officer wrote wrongly my entrance to the country and my visa expiration! Unfortunately 90 days report section has not allowance to check my documents about my visa! Or maybe it is time consuming to search! So, the solution is to go in Chaengwattana in person! I am due on the 14th, so I may go there some day after this date!

Posted (edited)

Yep also worked fine for years even after trips out of the country. After last trip out got the dreaded 'rejected'. Called the local IO who sympathized with me to the point she did it for me and asked I come and collect it next time I was in town. 

Went the next day and thanked her but still wanted to know why it was rejected. She shuffled me off to the back room boys who said it was 'Bangkok' - software update causing the problem  and to fill in the customer feedback form. 

Mate down the road had the same problem after a trip out of country.

Edited by damian

Given the problems that occur with online reporting, often due to the poor quality/continuous changing of government websites, I go in person to CW to do the 90 day reporting. It only takes an hour or two every 3 months.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, dairy queen said:

I have tried twice to do 90-day reporting online. Twice I have gotten the message,

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

The next notification is 15h May. (I have got a stapled notice in my passport). I'm on a new non-O visa which I recently got a 1-year marriage extension on.

When you did the application for an extension on your new Non O visa the application would have been taken as a 90 day report. Your first 90 day report would be due 90 days from date of extension application, when you got the extension stamp they should have put a slip in your passport indicating when the 90 day due.

I came back in early Oct and didn't do first 90  until April. The online system will reject any submission that is not in the window for submission.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666

Edited by sandyf

My 90-day report was also just rejected for 'Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date.'

The on-line system has worked perfectly for me for the last 11 times. The difference this time was that my report date fell in the middle of my "Under Consideration period following my recent marriage extension application.

I resubmitted using the end date of the Consideration period and it was accepted with the next due date in August. There was nothing wrong with my last entry date many years ago. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2024 at 11:28 AM, dairy queen said:

Just a tip.. Most of the few times it has happened to me is because my addres does not exactly match what is written in the blue book of the property i stay. Ask to see the bluebook or yellow book if you stay in. you have your own.

Well geesh! I have been here for 6 years, 3 on a retirement visa the last 3 on a marriage visa and I did not even know I could do my 90-day check-in online!  Not that immigration is far from my home and that I don't enjoy the ride to it. But any excuse to be even more of a couch potato and I am all in. :)

On 5/8/2024 at 6:28 AM, dairy queen said:

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."...

Personally, I am not in a situation where I must make a notification of my intention to stay in Thailand longer than 90 days and therefore I cannot see what the screens for the online notification look like. 

I am curious to know if any screen during the process says days that you are making an application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS"

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Maestro said:

Personally, I am not in a situation where I must make a notification of my intention to stay in Thailand longer than 90 days and therefore I cannot see what the screens for the online notification look like. 

I am curious to know if any screen during the process says days that you are making an application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS"

This is the sign-on screen and welcome screen you get when you login. Both have apply or application on them

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
added border to image
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

Can't remember about on screen, but the email acknowledgment refers to it as an application and the approval email says your application has been approved.

18 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

This is the sign-on screen and welcome screen you get when you login. Both have apply or application on them

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Thank you, Mutt Daeng, for satisfying my curiosity.

I have taking note that for the online procedure, immigration funnily calls it an "application for the notification of staying in The Kingdom (over 90 days) TM 47"

Put it down to errors in translation from Thai, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/8/2024 at 12:16 PM, Liquorice said:

My IO resets the report date every year on approval of the extension application.

I did my 90 day report on line sometime in April (and on schedule after I got an email reminder.) The report was successful and it came back with a receipt and  next report due date (sometime in July).

A week later, the last week of April, I went to Immigration to do my annual extension. The IO did not say anything about my 90 day report, nor whether the report due date has been reset. So I guess I would expect some sort of hiccups when I do my next on-line reporting?

5 hours ago, watthong said:

I did my 90 day report on line sometime in April (and on schedule after I got an email reminder.) The report was successful and it came back with a receipt and  next report due date (sometime in July).

A week later, the last week of April, I went to Immigration to do my annual extension. The IO did not say anything about my 90 day report, nor whether the report due date has been reset. So I guess I would expect some sort of hiccups when I do my next on-line reporting?

If the IO didn't give you a receipt with a revised 90 day report date when you did your extension, then the original report date (sometime in July) is still valid. Shouldn't be any problems.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, watthong said:

The IO did not say anything about my 90 day report, nor whether the report due date has been reset.

It's a case-by-case, or office-by-office policy, of whether people get their '90-day calender' reset to 'day one' at extension time. Confusing, yep. Best to find out how one's office plays it. At CW (Bangkok) the time frame of your 90-day report is entirely independent of anything to do with an extension; i.e., there is no reset of the 90 day time frame. 

Seems clearer that way, keep them separate, you won't have the 'thought my 90 day calendar reset when I did my extension' issue cropping up.  But people may differ on that. The key, though, know how one's office handles that, among other items.

4 hours ago, rwilem said:

keep them separate, you won't have the 'thought my 90 day calendar reset when I did my extension' issue cropping up.  But people may differ on that.

I assume by "people"you mean us the applicants. I can recall from experience why the two would get lumped together, and it wasn't by the IO. One time I was doing both extension and 90 day report at the same time because both time frames kinda "collided." In that instance, the people at the queue machine told me to do the extension first, so that when I was ready to do the report afterward, I could use the new extension (expiration) date. That's how I see the 90 day date got "reset."

5 minutes ago, watthong said:

I could use the new extension (expiration) date. That's how I see the 90 day date got "reset."

Some immigration offices do that.

They are wrong.

90 day report has nothing to do with extensions apart from very first extension. 

On 5/8/2024 at 7:05 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

These people are sadly living in the past. I am still required to wear a mask at work, and just about everyone is masked out in public. At least I now have the process down and just update the dates on the TM-30 forms to hand in to them.

Are you serious about masking for covid in May 2024 ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, watthong said:
7 hours ago, rwilem said:

I assume by "people"you mean us the applicants.

Yes, I mean us, the people that have deal with it. And that people may differ, that some (how many?) would prefer an automatic 90-day reset at extension time. 

At least for CW, that doesn't exist, and makes it simple to just think extension and the 90-dayer are separate. And I prefer that myself, though others may differ on that, and that's what I meant, some people might prefer the auto-reset.

Seems there is some confusion on it, with different offices handling it as they like.

By the way, I have done a 90-day report a few weeks prior to extension time, which meant the next report date, 90 days forward, would have fallen well outside, well past, the permission to stay date of the current extension. No problem, approved. Just sharing the info, but of course, it's always case-by-case.

Edited by rwilem

19 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

If the IO didn't give you a receipt with a revised 90 day report date when you did your extension, then the original report date (sometime in July) is still valid.

I wouldn't always rely on this being the case, though. Completely unbeknownst to me at the time, Rayong Immigration reset my reporting clock when I applied for my latest retirement extension there last July. This only came to light when I subsequently attempted to file a 90-day report online based on the previous due date, which needless to say was rejected (although the reason was, admittedly, clearly spelt out in the rejection notice). As a result I shall be including a completed TM47 with all the other required docs with my next retirement extension application, with the aim of teasing out of them conclusively whether or not my reporting clock will be reset on that occasion.

About time they did away with this archaic 90 day reporting. They know where we are 24/7 from mobile phones and facial recognition and smart cars and from the TM30 submission too. Why are they so afraid of foreigners! I've only done 90 Days a few times - first in person then twice online (2020-2021). Thankfully, because I travel frequently after Covid, I don't have to deal with this BS anymore.

Posted (edited)

Well, I sent my request in last Friday, received the confirmation that they had received it later that day. Received the approval e-mail a few minutes ago …so working for me.

Edited by JAS21

10 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Sadly enough, yes. Chanthaburi is a quaint but paranoid community.

That is just whacky at this point in time.

Though almost as whaky on how fast covid disappeared from the news.

4 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Well, I sent my request in last Friday, received the confirmation that they had received it later that day. Received the approval e-mail a few minutes ago …so working for me.

Would you like to share which office and whether you have left the country or renewed a permission to stay or passport, or anything else that might otherwise have affected your submission?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, treetops said:

Would you like to share which office and whether you have left the country or renewed a permission to stay or passport, or anything else that might otherwise have affected your submission?

Nonthaburi …haven’t left the country since 2014. Renewed my extension of stay last month.Renewed my passport about 4 years ago…..hope this helps

PS they always send an e-mail telling me it’s time to do my 90 days

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1