British Woman Dies in Phuket Hit-and-Run

webfact

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Mai Pen Rai, it's just an old farang, not much we can do about it now, (must have been the thoughts in the

minds of the police station's bosses)

In my opinion, the governor of Phuket need to to sackall the commanding officers of that station and make sure personally that all cameras and other safety equipments are in working order and that someone will make sure that it will stay in working order...

Unfortunately, that would involve diverting money away from his personal ventures, and that would never do!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, keithkarmann said:

The same thing happened to my wife in Greece almost 13 years ago, just three months short of her 65th Birthday. Drunk driver with his foot in plaster. The difference then was that the driver owned up to been at fault. These types of incidents show that how easily life can be wiped out by carelessness and stupidity.

My sympathy goes out to this ladies family as I know exactly how it feels to lose someone like this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Reading the story it said the van she was driving was hit by a other vehicle 😳 

I take it she was. A pedestrian who was subject to a hit and run 

Incident 

The amount of  accidents and deaths involved here in  Thailand does not seen to be a priority to the police authorities 

More action is needed 

RIP to the lady 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

How could the police test a hit and run driver for alcohol and/or drugs?

The refusal to look at nearby cctv footage is a strange one. It would be interesting to know the thinking of BIB on that one.

Traffic light cctv not working…..par for the course.

Agree with you here on both counts.

I think the source of the story are local expats, and think there will soon be an update.

Tragic. Hope there are consequences for the driver.
But she is not entirely faultless. Having been here so long, she knows not to trust traffic lights, esp when there is little traffic (otherwise how could the van have been speeding?) and everyone knows that people drive like crazy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

How long do you stay in los?

Maybe after 25 years you'll change your mind.

Funny you should say that, as it is exactly 25 years since I first came to Thailand. Been living here the last 15.

Our experiences clearly differ then. Have never lived on Phuket, though. Visited it a couple of times, years ago. Didn't like it then, and from everything I've heard since, I don't think I would like it now either..