Biden's Polling Puzzle Is He In Denial?

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It seems to depend on who is doing the polls, and the population they are sampling. There are polls saying Biden has a substantial lead over Trump, who does one believe?

IMO Trump's boasting about overturning Roe vs Wade will cost him dearly with women voters. Any conviction recorded against him is also a minus.

Abortion admittedly is the gift that keeps giving for the dems. That's welcome news for them as they really have nothing else to stand on.i was reading something today, maybe even here, that women have been set back 50 years. 

Hiw many aborted abortions does it take to make that math make sense? I had to drive 50 miles and cross into Virginia for my 35th abortion? It is a major political issue with a minor base case. Trump has backed away noticeably but those are ,loyal votes

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

The whole Trump maga gang on the threat I see. Tell me where at his latest event? A hundred thousand .people ! Yeah my A** 2000 tops from what I could see on TV

Yes the maga folks are up early today!

so they can preach to the choir,no real arguments just the usual vomit.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Waiting for the announcement of biden leaving the campaign trail. C'mon if we're honest we know its going to happen. Trump's pick for VP will probably further his lead.

I blv Biden MUST withdraw and not be replaced by KH.   His age and failing mental health mean that even if he would win in Nov, KH will be the president and she is even more unqualified for that position than he or Trump is.  Just like Hillary, she lost the democrats who went over in protest to Trump.  Good or bad?  either way, if both Trump and Biden are the leaders in Nov - then Biden will definitely fade away as with KH.   The parties' leaders are just stupid but I realize they are controlled by $$$ thus we continue to get really ineffective elected officials that the big $$$ can control to some extent in my opinion.  I have basically given up on elections as it used to be the "lesser of two evils" and not is is just "two losers" that is for the people of the US and the world.  I will not vote for either of these two leading candidates and glad that I am OLD...I feel sorry for all younger than me especially my children that they will have to endure whoever happens to lose to the other as the real losers are the citizens in my opinion.  Why else would I make the decision to retire here versus where I grew up?  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

The denial/deflection here is baffling: When the New York Times has Trump ahead in swing states is that enough to clear up your confusion??? https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/13/us/politics/biden-trump-battleground-poll.html 

When you have about 20% of REPUBLICAN voters saying they won't cast their votes for Trump, yes it is confusing.

Quite apart from the fact for every Trump campaign staffer, Biden has six.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It seems to depend on who is doing the polls, and the population they are sampling. There are polls saying Biden has a substantial lead over Trump, who does one believe?

IMO Trump's boasting about overturning Roe vs Wade will cost him dearly with women voters. Any conviction recorded against him is also a minus.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/13/us-news/trump-now-leading-in-5-battleground-states-all-of-which-biden-won-in-2020-polls/

3 minutes ago, morrobay said:

The NY Post is a News Corporation offshoot. Everyone knows what side of the fence Murdoch is on.

If you expect conservative media to publish any poll favorable to Biden, that's as naive as it gets.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Trump's pick for VP is the most important thing for his success in November. If he makes a mistake it will likely cost him the W H.

Let's remember a certain GOP candidate that picked the wrong VP candidate and what happened to him. I liked her personally, but as a future VP, was just not going to happen.

It's a pity that Pence is most likely not in contention. I thought he was an excellent VP.

I hope it is Tulsi Gabbard

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Screenshot_2024-05-15-08-53-28-993_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.eef8f7615ba8b3c56d337aa7f3e3ee11.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The NY Post is a News Corporation offshoot. Everyone knows what side of the fence Murdoch is on.

If you expect conservative media to publish any poll favorable to Biden, that's as naive as it gets.

I guess you "missed" the link that the New York Times shows Trump ahead in 5/6 swing states. https://www.weartv.com/news/nation-world/poll-trump-biden-swing-states-election-2024-president-white-house-new-york-times-siena-poll-pennsylvania-arizona-georgia-michigan-nevada-wisconsin-hispanic-latino-voters

16 minutes ago, retarius said:

I hope it is Tulsi Gabbard

She would be good. I am thinking perhaps a very stable, affable guy who is a Mike Pence 2.0 type. So Tim Scott or Doug Burgum would fit the bill. Decent fellows, stable, in Burgum's case a very successful entrepeneur. I would love to see them match up with Mamala in a debate! Although Tulsi vs. Mamala would be even better.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's what you get when you live in the Washington bubble for most of your life- a refusal to accept reality?

Do I want Trump to win- only if Biden/ Harris are his opponents. So long as they are, I'm all in for a Trump victory in November.

I don't know how the Dems machine can accept a man that can apparently barely walk without falling over, can't speak without a telepromter, and looks as presidential as a soggy small dog.

America's enemies must be rooting for him to win for all they are worth, while having a laugh in at his latest misadventure. He's certainly alienating once upon a time allies in the Middle East, and his relationship with China is heading only downward.

Yes I agree with you and I think that America's main enemies are on the inside. I'm not the only one: Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele: "The USA can’t Be Destroyed So Quickly Unless the Enemy Is From Within”

Edited by 300sd

44 minutes ago, proton said:

You wish, it might not have quite been 100k but tens of thousands, how many would turn up to see Biden make a fool of himself?

So you agree trump is making a fool of himself?

Thanks.

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, morrobay said:

An article in The New York Times said that "top political analysts" raised concerns about RealClearPolitics polling averages influenced by polls skewing towards Trump and not adhering to "best practices like person-to-person phone interviews" during the 2020 presidential elections.[24] Cannon responded by noting that RCP's polling average in the election was off by 1.47 points in favor of Democratic candidate Joe Biden across 7 battleground states, compared to 4.87 points in favor of Biden for polling conducted by The New York Times.[25]

30 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

They can be like rabid dogs... it's part of the left DNA.

Just as name-calling and argument ad hominem is in the DNA of the MAGA crowd.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

An article in The New York Times said that "top political analysts" raised concerns about RealClearPolitics polling averages influenced by polls skewing towards Trump and not adhering to "best practices like person-to-person phone interviews" during the 2020 presidential elections.[24] Cannon responded by noting that RCP's polling average in the election was off by 1.47 points in favor of Democratic candidate Joe Biden across 7 battleground states, compared to 4.87 points in favor of Biden for polling conducted by The New York Times.[25]

Ok and this is 2024. I did a search for Biden ahead in swing states. And all I got was Trump ahead in swing states.  So I'm getting dizzy  with this merry go round. And will leave you in your denial land. BTW have you noticed that you are about alone here digging this hole? Screenshot_2024-05-15-09-44-54-116_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.thumb.jpg.eefdd8ae718cd3b5d6644514f46d5364.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jvs said:

So you agree trump is making a fool of himself?

Thanks.

Twisting what people have posted, typical Democrat vice.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Ok and this is 2024. I did a search for Biden ahead in swing states. And all I got was Trump ahead in swing states.  So I'm getting dizzy  with this merry go round. And will leave you in your denial land. BTW have you noticed that you are about alone here digging this hole? Screenshot_2024-05-15-09-44-54-116_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.thumb.jpg.eefdd8ae718cd3b5d6644514f46d5364.jpg

We will see who is crying in their beer in November, won't we?

Bear in mind at least half of Trump's campaign contributions have gone in legal fees already.

Bar chart showing the amount of small and large campaign contributions raised by Joe Biden and Donald Trump for 2024 presidential elections.

• Agree 1

Polling isn't destiny as far as we know. There are polls that have Biden in the lead like the https://maristpoll.marist.edu/polls/election-2024-april/

Still a 6 months period to election and Trump's legal battles and his state of mind/health are unprecedented and add more mystery to election projection. 

What is clear is that Trump has not broadened his base, his support narrowed due to the Nikki's factor and Joe is building a behemoth of a campaign while Trump is playing catch-up. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

We will see who is crying in their beer in November, won't we?

Bear in mind at least half of Trump's campaign contributions have gone in legal fees already.

Bar chart showing the amount of small and large campaign contributions raised by Joe Biden and Donald Trump for 2024 presidential elections.

It's completely barking, IMO, to be calling the election based on polls now.

Does anyone know who the bookies are backing?

• Agree 1