Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison

webfact

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I find that hard to believe - are you still in Thailand as a regular Expat or do you just visit? 

A number of farang volunteer with Charity organizations that do prison visits.

not saying it’s the case here, but it exists

• Thanks 1

This slag was attempting to take heroin to her lovely family, (says a lot about her family).

She gets arrested and banged up, gets a result only doing 7 out of a full life sentence.

Now this scum is probably going to profit out of her crime.

I sincerely hope that no one buys her book.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I watched the podcast on her only the other day, she had been an addict since the age of 14, she got what she deserved although she only did 7 years and 6 months in Thailand, went back to Aus to do another 5 years, 

I guess she got clean by going cold turkey while in prison. So the jail time probably saved her life.

2 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

“A society should be judged not by how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals.”

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

So yes:

The treatment of prisoners is one of the tests of civilisation of a country.

Who has said that Thailand is a civilized society, in the western sense of the term?

Certainly not me.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, garzhe said:

Interview with her here

Bit misleading if she only did 7 years, did not serve 31 years "in" a Thai Prison, was sentenced to 31 years!!!!!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
58 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

If you're going on "a book and videos", you know nothing about the conditions of Klong Prem, the facility that also houses the women's prison.    Without exception, all of them comprise over-dramatic exaggerations and lies with the only intentions being to create agitation and as much money as possible for the authors or producers.

So you have been there? What was the charge and how long were you in prison? If I may ask. 

He is correct on some of what he is saying TG-- I done 3 years prison visiting when I lived in Pattaya late 90s-2000s... Not the women's section I have never been there.

There are a lot of inaccuracies  in the report--Lard yao  prison is not the BKK Hilton, it is not far from Chatuchak market the Hilton is Bang Kwang Prison on other side of the river.

$$$ Can buy you an easier life in it-- One of the people I visited had a 4 man cell in which he picked the other 3.  food could be sent in, Things might have changed since my visiting days.

Then Phone calls were made by using the Prison warders mobile phone if you paid him, his rate by the minute.

The visiting area was bedlam, you had glass at the top  and about 2 foot of wire mesh down below which you had to shout through, then look up at the person

You would all sit in a line on the benches--and many times I had seen a Nigerian prisoner push his arm against the wire mesh and receive an injection from his visitor.

They use to have a large Blackboard hanging up where they would write the number of Nationalities of the non Thai prisoners...Lao always had the highest number , followed by Nigerians.

It's tough but not the worse conditions--that would be if you over stay your Visa--Suan Plu Immigration Prison......terrible conditions _ I believe they have change a little since my days visiting,

but then it was basically 1 large cage , and everyone got thrown in it women & children with the men--sometimes nearly empty --then they would do round up of all the overstay places and it was packed, you had no place to sit or lay .

I believe I read that after a string of sexual assaults the women and children are now separated.

Yer there are some heart bark stories in there--- Not talking about the current Lady.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Have you ever been to a Thai prison, dumßass:coffee1:

No need for personal insults. No, but my relatives worked in Klong Prem until they retired and I have been there, they both retired baht millionaires! Like on the outside if you have money it makes life in a Thai prison much easier.

This women was enabling human suffering and deserves no sympathy, or book sales.

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She found me a spot to sleep, but there was literally no visible floor space,” she said. The woman instructed others to lie down, revealing a sliver of the floor about nine inches wide. “That was my bed for the next seven years.”

And you deserved every second.... 

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

If you can't be kind be silent.

Are you another one of those forum policeman telling other posters what they should not be doing? What is kind about smuggling heroin? nothing it's dealing in human suffering. I must have read all these prison books and they all exaggerate and invent stories. The best book of of course is by that old bugger David McMillan who escaped from the Prem in the 90's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

dramatic exaggerations and lies with the only intentions being to create agitation and as much money as possible for the authors or producers.

Expand  

So you have been there? What was the charge and how long were you in prison? If I may ask. 

He is correct on some of what he is saying TG--

I am 100% correct on all that I have posted about Klong Prem, the place that housed the section where she was jailed.   I was in there.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In 2000, Holly, then aged 29, was caught trying to mail a parcel of heroin to her family in Perth

OK now that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my life.  Reminds me of a couple once that killed the woman's husband so they could run off together, and took pictures of the body dismemberment.  They had the pics developed at Walgreens.  Derp derp.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

There are a lot of inaccuracies  in the report--Lard yao  prison is not the BKK Hilton, it is not far from Chatuchak market the Hilton is Bang Kwang Prison on other side of the river.

That's right...but of course there are inaccuracies in her version, there have to be in order to juice up an otherwise not very interesting, nor lucrative. story.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

My son was locked up in the Immigration jail for several days whilst his deportation was arranged. I understand all foreign "criminals"  who are locked up are subsequently deported. He was caught working without a permit...Hardly a criminal act!

It is, as he discovered.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She is probably exaggerating but means that she was embarrassed to have a bowel movement without privacy.

Had to do that many times on patrol in the jungles of the Vietnam war.

Find a spot where you'll be as hidden as possible when squatting down or lying on your side, pull your pants down just enough (never take them off in an active area), squat with your a hole in fill view of your buddies (so you're looking forward of you).

Do your dump or pee and as quickly as possible cover it to hide the smell as much as possible, because the enemy would quite possibly smell the faeces and know foreigners were in the area. No chance of bodily clean up, very quickly get your pants up and rifle / ammunition magazines / gear ready for any action that might happen.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Yes, I have.

Yes, you may ask but that is my business.

Was that the women's prison  ,Lou ....

Obviously, not, but the men's and the women's sections are both part of the same Klong Prem prison.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

My son was locked up in the Immigration jail for several days whilst his deportation was arranged. I understand all foreign "criminals"  who are locked up are subsequently deported. He was caught working without a permit...Hardly a criminal act!

IDC (with mandatory deportation) and Klong Prem are entirely different things.

• Sad 2