Beloved Brit found dead in Thailand hotel room

14 hours ago, connda said:

I have no problem with GFM repatriations, but in this case the guy is dead.  Fly out to Thailand, have him cremated, and and spread the ashes in a river or sea.
10K quid to repatriate a corpse.  I'd give that GFM a pass as it's not a matter of life or death as "death" has already won.  There are inexpensive ways to handle this.

Exactly, if he loved Thailand he would be happy to have his ashes stay here.  Spending big money to move a body back to Wales is pointless.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes,  but it doesn't say in Bangkok, Phuket or where ....  it also mentions he wasn't ill or sick at all and there was nothing wrong with him,  many questions unanswered .....   

He's passed away... do the personal details really matter to non-family?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Dudes,

The family probably wants the body repatriated because they want an autopsy performed in the UK.

Perhaps they suspect shenanigans which resulted in his demise.  

Way too many countries automatically cremate tourist bodies specifically to destroy evidence of unnatural deaths.

Not that I think this was the case, but I'm not a grieving family member.

I have no problems with GFM, if I don't want to contribute, I don't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

why wouldn't they mention where he passed away or what the cause may have been ?      

It’s taken a week to report his death. Don’t rush them.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, proton said:

The usual begging on GFM, have families no shame these days?

It's a whole lot more practical than the thousands of GBP in bereavement flowers that will be binned 10 minutes after the funeral is over.

Don't like it?  Don't donate.  But don't piss on the friends who do.

16 hours ago, proton said:

The usual begging on GFM, have families no shame these days?

What would you do? He was a healthy middle-aged man who died suddenly and unexpectedly. The chance of that happening is very slim, so I'd guess he didn't consider the possibility that he might need insurance cover to bring his body back to the UK.

42 minutes ago, tonypattaya said:

If the family doesn't have money to take his body back to the UK, then why not just do the same disposal thing here? Why beg to others?

Because maybe, just maybe, they want a decent burial attended by family and friends back in his home country? Seems you have had an empathy bypass.

• Like 1

It's told he was an outgoing person.

Well, maybe he was indeed. Went out to have fun and ended up in his hotel bed, maybe not alone. Then too much booze, too many blue pills and end of the story.

And now to set up a fund raising is just hilarious. Go to a bank and ask for a loan if the family wants to have the corpse. Don't beg other people.🙏

RIP

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Carlotta said:

Because he was an "outgoing person". He died in his hotel bed. Probably after a heart attack. If I should guess he wasn't alone. Maybe an overdose of blue pills.

RIP

If so I hope it was worth it..

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“It’s just a total shock, it was so unexpected. He wasn’t ill. There was nothing wrong with him. Everyone knew him. He was a crazy bloke – really outgoing and always up for a laugh.”

Heart attack more than likely the case IMO, they don't discriminate, I have know guys from as young as 33 hit the tarmac and not recover. There is a saying, i.e. if you make it past 50, you're in a better age bracket for surviving when it comes to heart attacks, but don't quote me on that.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

His family is now facing the daunting task of repatriating his body, a process that is both lengthy and expensive. They have launched a fundraising appeal to raise £10,000 (approximately 460,000 baht), with over £2,000 already contributed.

Travel insurance, people, travel insurance, it places less of a burden on families, and no need for them needing to GoFundMe. I know lots of guys that travel here that don't take travel insurance out, which to me is just outright selfish.

RIP

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Agree 1

Why on earth do they want to repatriate the body.  One family member fly out to attend the cremation, then fly back with the ashes.  You're supposed to get permission but if you put them in a wooden box in your luggage no-one will care.  Have a big memorial service back home.  RIP

16 hours ago, Chivas said:

Yep and I get repeatedly disbelieved at 64 that I have never taken one in my life simply because Percy still works normally when the need arises lol

I get the same at 77, if one keeps a healthy interest rising to the occasion is never a problem.

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

How well do you think 64 yo Percy would work with a horny 20 yo?

Why do you think he should have a problem just because the recipient is 20 yo?

First of all with a 44 year age difference does he really want an airy fairy youngster with absolutely no idea of what it’s all about and has never heard of muscle control, I mean come on surely quality with an older one has got to be better than quantity.

Furthermore remember that as one ages controlled final delivery becomes longer lasting and far easier to accomplish so a 20 yo should he wish to go there will definitely get far more than she bargained for.

Very sad, may he RIP.

Read into that what you may, Thailand doesnt want any more bad publicity so do you think they are going to announce foul play if that is the case, I bet not!

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

frequent travels to Thailand

But not with family, friends or "loved ones," just by himself? 

There's something lacking in the background of this story.

• Confused 1