Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

17 hours ago, balo said:

there are some talks about hiding the planes at the military air bases in Poland, and use them on day/nightly missions in Ukraine.

Do that and expect a Russian missile attack on Poland.

You think they don't expect something like that?

As for the planes, we'll have to wait and see if they are of any more use than the much lauded Leopards that were going to win the war for Ukraine.

17 hours ago, balo said:

Missiles used can reach up to 1000 km. 

I suspect that those sort of missiles are rather pricey, and the countries that supply them do not have a money tree. I assume they will not be in an unlimited supply. I also assume they won't be allowed to attack targets in Russia- MAD would be an unfortunate result.

Also, if they do use such, expect more of the OP in response.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

To strike fear in the population, that's why. 

And what the purpose of the fear? This could bring more hate and more volunteers to Ukrainian army and will help them with the main problem  - the lack of motivated soldiers.

Army works with their goals and targets, with recourses that they have. Yesterday it was dozen of missiles and explosions, but we not see much reports about the consequences. It means that mostly the industrial or army-related targets been hit.  I have no doubt that army do not care about civil casualties during achieving target, but I doubt that they decided to spend multimillion missile only with the purpose of “fear”.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, rabas said:

Look familiar after 2 years of Putin?

If goal of Putin is to completely destroy Ukraine, he would used weapons designed to do so.  Kyiv can be erased in one day, and as Putting destroyed everyone in government who is not loyal to him - no one could say anything against it. You can not destroy city by hypersonic precise missiles which being used yesterday.

There is a proof that the goal of Putin is not to make a genocide. Town of Mariupol, several months of siege in 2022,  90% of high-rise buildings being damaged or destroyed. Under the full control of Russia since may 2022

This is how it looks today (the latest development, according to the topic)

Youtube

No so much genocide going on, and its different from the picture you posted, right? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Ultralight Drone Hunting Planes Now In Use In Ukraine

image.jpeg

A video that appeared recently shows the drone-hunting ultralight carrying out a training mission, intercepting a small fixed-wing UAV used as a target. The sharpshooter is seated on the left, side-by-side with the pilot, and takes aim as the aircraft is maneuvered into position with the drone off its left wing. At the end of the video, the drone has been successfully hit and tumbles toward the ground as the pilot and gunner congratulate each other with a high-five.

According to the Ukrainian journalist Roman Bochkala, the idea behind putting a sharpshooter in an ultralight came from the Defense Intelligence of Ukraine (GUR); we have reached out to the organization for confirmation. On his Telegram channel, Bochkala also reports that the aircraft in question was purchased using $35,000 donated by volunteers.

Read more......

https://www.twz.com/air/ultralight-drone-hunting-planes-now-in-use-in-ukraine

All very well Rimmer but how many sharp shooters will have time to get Airborne if Putin launches a multiple drone attack.

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

These Hypersonic do not miss there targets full stop. Putin is deliberately targeting infrastructure, and Civilian areas as seen by hitting Apartment blocks these are non military targets. We have seen him target Shopping centers, Theatres, Schools, hospitals, now targeting a kids hospital this is how he is trying to defeat Ukraine by installing fear into the Ukraine people. In my opinion world leaders now who will soon be meeting should form a Coalition to seize Putin and his Generals and put them IN front of the Hague war crimes Tribunal.

All very true.

However, these are not hypersonic Kinzhal missiles, which US Patriots do shoot down. These are slow moving, long range GPS guided cruise missiles with efficient turbo jets mounted underside and GPS guidance.  As such, they are even more able to hit targets accurately. It was intentional.

Then why were they not shot down? Because Russia recently added an RF transmitter to broadcast bursts of radio interference when it detects radar.  Hold your hat, NATO/US will likely adapt as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VBer said:

If goal of Putin is to completely destroy Ukraine, he would used weapons designed to do so.  Kyiv can be erased in one day, and as Putting destroyed everyone in government who is not loyal to him - no one could say anything against it. You can not destroy city by hypersonic precise missiles which being used yesterday.

There is a proof that the goal of Putin is not to make a genocide. Town of Mariupol, several months of siege in 2022,  90% of high-rise buildings being damaged or destroyed. Under the full control of Russia since may 2022

This is how it looks today (the latest development, according to the topic)

Youtube

No so much genocide going on, and its different from the picture you posted, right? 

A different perspective of Mariupol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kwonitoy said:

A different perspective of Mariupol

And all those people on videos having normal life are just actors? Okay, let’s believe on that.

By the way, the picture from your link is dated by February 2023. Less than a year after capturing the town, of course everything couldn’t be restored so fast. I believe Ukrainian propagandist have used picture from 2023 because they could not find anything like this in 2024

Edited by VBer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, stevenl said:

Of course you don't want to argue that.

Perhaps you should stick to the topic instead of answering for a poster that is quite capable of responding for themselves.

Ever thought that perhaps this forum isn't about the posters and discuss what they said instead of them?

All this personal posting is getting quite boring and my ignore list is still growing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Same same as my post that you quoted. How can we trust anything on a digital medium?

I'm not saying that they are not true, but if that is from a Ukrainian source how can you or I be sure that it is the real deal, and not some faked information. We've been able to modify digital for years- I've made fake photos myself years ago with photoshop, but it took lots of time. AI means it can be faked very quickly.

Basically, I don't trust any photos that originate in Russia, China etc or any western country involved in America's proxy war.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Any threats to Russia will be met with the old Rhetoric Putin Spiel or one of his goons " We will protect our freedom from outside interference with ALL Weaponry we have at our Disposal " In other words he will threaten to use Nuclear Weapons. The first Nuke he will use will be his last as Russia will be turned into Cinders.

While you are probably correct on that, you omitted that Europe and parts of America will also be cinders and the rest of the planet likely in nuclear winter. Once the nukes start flying it's all over for Homo Sapiens. Goodbye planet earth, it was good till it was over.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

What are you on about ? 

NATO together are stronger than Russia, that is a fact.   Now that Putin clearly attack the civilian population in the capital city Kyiv, it means only that NATO countries will be even stronger and come up with a plan.  

I promise you this will not end well for Putin.   The Ukrainian response came last night bombing another oil refinery.

We do not kill civilians on purpose unlike the Russian regime.  We do not torture the prisoners like they do in Russia already documented.  It's only one way to stop Russia and that is to fight back.  

And that means it could get worse before it gets better, we are talking about a desperate dictator here. Putin and Kim are best mates. 
We have to threat Russia the same way as North Korea.  Until the bitter end. 

I don't follow your logic. If Putin destroys civilian infrastructure in response to attacks on Russian infrastructure, why keep attacking Russian infrastructure? It's not going to make Putin give up, just destroy more of Ukraine and kill more civilians.

Going on about how we are more moral than Putin isn't going to stop the missiles. Wake up and smell the coffee.

You may be happy for the "bitter end" but most of the people that will be killed are not.

We have to threat Russia the same way as North Korea.

Tell me more. I wasn't aware that Kim cares much about complaints from the west. Hasn't stopped him firing test missiles, has it?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2024 at 6:56 AM, tgw said:

the Ruzzian ministry of defence and war crimes told the press that that all missiles hit their intended targets.

Since when did you start believing Russian media? Oh yes, when it suits your narrative.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, rabas said:

Purpose? Make Vlad feel like a man, most powerful man on Earth. Instill fear in his enemies. Proof? The wide range of other brutal acts including 3-ton glide bombs on civilian towns and cities along the front with nary a thought of warning inhabitants. All of his other doomsday weapons projects, etc.

Make Vlad feel like a man, most powerful man on Earth. Instill fear in his enemies

This is too funny. Projection if course.

Proof? The wide range of other brutal acts including 3-ton glide bombs on civilian towns and cities along the front with nary a thought of warning inhabitants

Videos of 3-ton glide bombs I’ve seen show them hitting what were formerly civilian buildings but now houses militarily units. No normal civilian in their right mind would still be living in towns and cities on the front lines.

• Confused 2