Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

26 minutes ago, rabas said:

Putin would have successfully stolen $14 trillion of Ukraine's natural resources, which is why he's killing Ukrainians with reckless abandon.

resources and people.

because Russia is demographically <deleted>

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rabas said:

The only way it stops is Putin's immediately withdraw or demise. 

I disagree. If  Russia dropped a nuclear bomb on Ukraine it would stop quite swiftly. The way things are going now it seems Putin prefers to wear down Ukraine by attrition. Let's not forget that whilst Russia's economy is smaller than Texas' and therefore could never pose a threat to occupy and invade eastern Europe realistically, Russia's economy is ten times bigger than Ukraine's. Military might is founded on economic power, and Ukraine has none of that. Yes, Ukraine gets billions from the West in aid, but that is not much use if the West itself does not have the ammunition and materiel which Ukraine needs to buy with it.

We are already seeing how in the States voices of concern are being raised about the size of the aid recently given to Ukraine, and it is unlikely it will continue indefinitely, because the US and European resources are limited too.

It is awful to see how the Americans are cynically trying to bleed Russia to death by keeping the Ukraine war going, but such is world politics. It is in America's interest to weaken Russia. Even if the Americans know the Ukraine can never win this war, and that with a nuclear bomb in Ukraine Russia could end the war without the US being able to retaliate, lest it want to be involved in a nuclear war with Russia, they have kept this Ukraine war going as long as they can.

However, there is always the possibility of a negotiated peace, if Uraine starts to realise that its Western billions mean very little without th West being able to supply the munitions, artillery, tanks and planes and missiles that Ukraine needs. And the West just does not have it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I haven’t seen or read anywhere that China is supplying weapons to Russia. Unless consider a shovel or a washing machine a weapon.

However, if the west stopped supplying weapons to Ukraine, the conflict will end immediately. As I posted 2 1/2 yrs ago. When Ukraine still had all its lands. And hundreds of thousands more citizens.

i am following your lead, since you never post any reliable links to your posts nor any reliable data, I try to do the same, it appears you didn't like it, I promise to stop if you start to show proper reliable data/links... 555

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

As a percentage or in area? 

Who cares, it's a master stroke from Ukraine, beginning of the end for Putin and his murderous thugs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Who cares, it's a master stroke from Ukraine, beginning of the end for Putin and his murderous thugs

Lol, more like a fly bothering a giant for a few seconds. Wishful thinking at its best.

"Some military experts questioned the wisdom of Ukraine’s attack, given its weakness at other key points on the front, and they predicted that Russia’s far larger and better-equipped military was likely to oust the Ukrainians sooner than later."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/08/09/kursk-russia-ukraine-war-incursion/

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Seppius said:

I'm all for Ukraine and putting an end to Putin and his murderous thugs, but it maters because Russia is over 28 times the size of Ukraine. 

9 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Lol, more like a fly bothering a giant for a few seconds. Wishful thinking at its best.

"Some military experts questioned the wisdom of Ukraine’s attack, given its weakness at other key points on the front, and they predicted that Russia’s far larger and better-equipped military was likely to oust the Ukrainians sooner than later."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/08/09/kursk-russia-ukraine-war-incursion/

Well Russia doing well so far trying to force them back

Ukraine in Kursk: Russian reinforcements destroyed in “one of the bloodiest strikes of the war”

If anything, Ukraine are consolidating their hold in Russian territory with this "special military operation", Russia will have to divert troops from elsewhere

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is sending Ukraine an additional $125 million in weapons to assist in its military operations against Russia, including much-needed air defense capabilities, radars to detect and counter enemy artillery and anti-tank weapons, the White House announced Friday.10 hours ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Well Russia doing well so far trying to force them back

Ukraine in Kursk: Russian reinforcements destroyed in “one of the bloodiest strikes of the war”

If anything, Ukraine are consolidating their hold in Russian territory with this "special military operation", Russia will have to divert troops from elsewhere

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is sending Ukraine an additional $125 million in weapons to assist in its military operations against Russia, including much-needed air defense capabilities, radars to detect and counter enemy artillery and anti-tank weapons, the White House announced Friday.10 hours ago

Great news that, on to Moscow! 

5 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Oh please. You're dreaming. Ukraine has sent 1000 troops. Do you have any idea how many Russian troops they will be facing soon?

Sure, 1000 armed troops can wreak a bit of havoc, but in the overall narrative of the war this will be a mere curiosity, like the German's Kursk offensive which was far more powerful and still failed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's far from the truth. China supplies essential dual purpose items to Russia and its Military Complex. Critical components that are essential to make more munitions, tanks, armoured vehicles, missiles and even drones and satellite tech. 70% of the machine tools and 90% of the microelectronics Russia imports come from China.

2 hours ago, rabas said:

As for China, up to $600 million per month of high priority dual-use products that are essential for manufacturing weaponry like missiles, drones, and tanks. Per month.  REFERENCE

As expected, all too quick and eager to jump the gun and took the bait.

The poster I was replying to claimed that China was supplying weapons to Russia. I merely said I haven’t seen or read any articles stating as much. Is China supplying components that could be used in weapons? Probably. I read somewhere that China is also supplying DJI drones to Ukraine. Could these also be used militarily? Probably. Components and weapons are two different things.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

i am following your lead, since you never post any reliable links to your posts nor any reliable data, I try to do the same, it appears you didn't like it, I promise to stop if you start to show proper reliable data/links... 555

What are you talking about? You claim China is supplying weapons to Russia. I said I hadn’t read that anywhere. Did I ask you for a link? No, because I know your statement is false.

I didn’t make any claim in my post that required any data to support it. I said if the west stopped supplying weapons to Ukraine, the conflict would end immediately. You don’t need a link for that. Just a couple of grey cells would suffice.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Ooooh, the Welsh Red bloke is back giving advice, whom, in 1940 would have been locked up or shot in his homeland for saying the same....

You should be ashamed of yourself, go join Putin's lines, he needs YOU......😒

You are so out of your league with idiotic content free posts that I wonder why you even bother to waste bandwidth. Watch Sesame Street instead.

• Confused 1

On 8/9/2024 at 12:53 PM, jas007 said:

As for Putin seeming “helpless”?  Do you not realize that Russia could reduce the entire country of Ukraine to rubble?  But that’s not the goal.  

So what is the goal then. Been a long 2 weeks trying to achieve  it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Denim said:

So what is the goal then. Been a long 2 weeks trying to achieve  it.

For years, Putin has been warning about the expansion of NATO to its borders.  And yet that’s exactly what has happened since the breakup of the Soviet Union.  That, and the meddling of the West in Ukraine in 2014.  Additionally, Russia was concerned about the Russian speaking people in the Donbas region.  Allegations of genocide and so on.  And so Russia finally had enough and invaded.  

Anyway, this entire situation could have been avoided.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1