Prime Minister Considers Hosting Formula One Race in Bangkok

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It's at U Tapao. 150km from Bangkok. Own airport. Supposed fast links to 2 others. Near Pattaya. Actually one of his better madcap ideas. Achievable, I'd say. F1 not short of sponsors. Verdict? Doable!

And quite an unnecessary fantasy given the track already in place in Burriram.

Malaysia dropped out and their circuit is only a few kms away from KL int airport.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

DJHPPYRU2VIXXIL3CIN57XB42I.jpg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has had meetings with executives from Formula One and visited the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari racetrack in Italy's Bologna. This visit was an explorative move to assess the potential of Bangkok hosting a Formula One race.

Formula One is famous for conducting the esteemed FIA Formula One World Championship every year over a period of roughly nine months. The 2024 season comprises 24 races spanning across 21 nations on five separate continents, showcasing its worldwide popularity and broad reach.

The Thai government is currently assessing the practicability of hosting such a high-status sports event in Bangkok. The purpose is to use this event as an impetus for economic progress, community perks, and promoting youth involvement. By hosting a Formula One race, Thailand aims to augment its international tourism appeal and affirm its standing as a significant host for top international events.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Obviously he doesn't know that he has to pay between 20 and 50 Million Dollar upfront.🙏

Posted (edited)

Aint gonna happen - this bloke talks and smiles and talks and smiles and talks and smiles ...............

The sad thing is that many Thais think he is doing a great job - all these new deals with overseas bigwigs that will bring in lots of money money money.  I thought TAT was ridiculous - this is way beyond even their lunacy.  

Why taking a joke isn't the point

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister shared this vision after meeting with Formula One Group executives in Milan yesterday.

All these Visions he keeps getting, did he have concussion recently, is he on acid, or divine intervention from Saint Tony the divine savior and redeemer.

IMHO he needs a brain scan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If I was to guess, he's been instructed to be loud and proud, announce sweeping edicts, bang the drum, hubs hubs and more hubs, and to remember the five d's of dodge-ball.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

No point.

The racing calendar is already full.

There are other cities already in the queue for a slot.

future planning I reckon.. if it went ahead it will be like 2040 before Thailand gets a slot on the F1 circuit circus !

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Prime Minister Considers Hosting Formula One Race in Bangkok

But nobody else Is. 

Newin Chidchob would love to host F1, he spent a lot of money building BRIC to FIA grade 1 to do just this.

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Everything this guy proposes is for the elites. No plan for the average somchai such as health, traffic, death tolls, to name a few. 

Nailed it!  I honestly can't think of anything other than the 10K handout that is directed toward regular folks... and we all know the underlying reason why he wants to give away other people's money. 💰💰

• Thumbs Up 1