Thai woman blames police drug search in vagina for miscarriage

snoop1130

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa5KTU5VKKpn3OFFptmw18EmFAV5qVLUjsF4yZaJsWBOwvg4P1GNC.jpg

A Thai woman sued the narcotics suppression unit of Samut Prakarn Provincial Police, accusing officers of causing her miscarriage by searching for drugs in her vagina.

The 30 year old woman, Orranee Ruangphueng, accompanied by her lawyer, filed a complaint against the Samut Prakarn Provincial Police’s narcotics suppression unit at Bang Bor Police Station on May 18. Orranee claimed she lost her two month old unborn baby after the drug search.

Orranee recounted that 10 police officers raided her home in the Bang Bor district of Samut Prakarn province near Bangkok on the morning of May 16, searching for drugs and illegal objects. A policewoman then requested to search her vagina for hidden drugs.

Orranee said she informed the police that she was pregnant but the officer insisted on probing her private parts. According to Orranee, the policewoman inserted a finger into her vagina, causing her to bleed. She then felt pain in her stomach and a blood clot later came out in the toilet.

According to Orranee, she did not reveal her symptoms to the police at that time because she was focused on the house raid. Police searched her home for 20 minutes before taking her to the police station.

Orranee did not disclose whether officers found drugs in her residence. She only mentioned that she was charged with illegally operating a kitty purse after police searched her phone and found evidence of an illegal operation.

Orranee said she later contacted her friend to bail her out and went to a hospital for an examination of her pregnancy. She discovered that she suffered threatened abortion symptoms and later lost her child.

ThaiRath reported that narcotics suppression unit officers raided Orranee’s house because of her close relationship with drug suspects. Her 22 year old boyfriend, Saengrawee Kuiwongtarn, was arrested on the day of the incident, and her ex-boyfriend had been previously arrested in the same case.

The Superintendent of Bang Bor Police Station, Chairat Rungrueng, admitted that the policewoman searched Orranee’s private parts but officers are awaiting a further medical examination to confirm whether the procedure was indeed the cause of her miscarriage.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via ThaiRath

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 10

30 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

What did they put up there to look?

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the policewoman inserted a finger into her vagina, causing her to bleed.

Posted (edited)

I doubt the police woman's finger was long enough to reach the uterus, it would have only been in the vagina.  But I am not a doctor, so lets wait for the med reports.

Edited by CanadaSam
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

I doubt the police woman's finger was long enough to reach the uterus, it would have only been in the vagina.  But I am not a doctor, so lets wait for the med reports.

Apparently, pregnant women have a 'membrane'.

My first wife had to be induced. The baby was overdue.

Our usual doctor could not do it - his fingers were too short and could not reach the membrane.

He called in a nurse who had longer fingers.

She broke the membrane and our daughter eventually popped out.

I hasten to add that I have zero medical qualifications - just repeating what I was told happened.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

They do nto need to use the phrase the long arm of the law in Thailand. Now they can claim the long finger of the law. 

Impossible to make an abortion just by slipping a finger inside the vagina during pregnancy. Especially a 2 month pregnancy. Unless they used a coat hanger to go deep into her womb. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thesetat said:

They do nto need to use the phrase the long arm of the law in Thailand. Now they can claim the long finger of the law. 

Impossible to make an abortion just by slipping a finger inside the vagina during pregnancy. Especially a 2 month pregnancy. Unless they used a coat hanger to go deep into her womb. 

There was blood. I’m wondering what this officer did? Sharpen her fingernail? Or was she really going to town up in there? 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Apparently, pregnant women have a 'membrane'.

My first wife had to be induced. The baby was overdue.

Our usual doctor could not do it - his fingers were too short and could not reach the membrane.

He called in a nurse who had longer fingers.

She broke the membrane and our daughter eventually popped out.

I hasten to add that I have zero medical qualifications - just repeating what I was told happened.

breaking the membrane would not cause an abortion for a woman who is 2 months pregnant. The sac is too small at that time and the finger would need to go almost to the stomach. Also, breaking the membrane will induce giving birth since the makes the water flow out causing the fully developed baby to push its way out. But again, nothing would happen for a 2 month old fetus. The stress of what happened would be more likely a reason than the finger being inserted there to check her vagina. Or the drugs she was taking. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Orranee said she informed the police that she was pregnant but the officer insisted on probing her private parts. According to Orranee, the policewoman inserted a finger into her vagina, causing her to bleed.

2 hours ago, thesetat said:

I don’t know. What if she had just been munching on some extremely spicy som tam before the event 

2 months?  Miscarriage because of that??  Give me a break - maybe miscarriage was from carrying drugs up there.  Smoke Screen if you ask me - to divert attention away from the drug charges. As in, you drop the drug charges and I drop the lawsuit.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Must have been like E.T.! 😁 

• Haha 2