Not helping woman in need of a charge

I got into an accident once years ago in Thailand and was on the phone with a girlfriend and she wanted to know where I was. I had no clue I had driven to Laos. I knocked on a guys window who was sitting in his truck so my gf could talk to him. And he would not roll down his window. And my smashed car was sitting right there. Idk I just always found it quite astonishing

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Few years ago a Farang lady on here ,saying she had just returned from holiday

and battery is flat , I went to help her , battery dry as a nuns tit , filled it

up with distilled water ,and started it with jumper cables ,told her maybe

needs new battery. 

regards worgeordie 

2 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I make it a point to always go to the aid of a damsel in distress, especially the good looking ones. 

You would’ve definitely helped my wife then 😉😉😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Nuh. Equality. Plus being abused and/or criticised if it does not work out as they want. 

Now now where are the other six dwarfs to cheer you up?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Wife parks car in a temple near school in city as do a lot of parents. Calls me on video chat about battery being flat. Showed her where jumper leads were, open bonnet, flag anyone driving nearby, busy car park. Sad to watch her being turned down by about a dozen parents. “Sorry can’t”, “sorry busy”, to name a few reasons. Where’s the spirit in the temple? 😂😂😂 School bus driver came to her rescue. Thanks mate! 
I always lend a helping hand in these situations especially if a lady asking. Do you?

I was in her situation a few months ago. Tuck Tuk driver stopped when he saw I had raised the hood. He walked across the street to borrow jumper cables from a motorbike shop. Cables not long enough, I thanked him. Gave a tip and the auto roadside insurance service guy soon showed up (I was in Chiang Mai city). My “Do a good deed daily” usually equates with busy traffic allowing someone else to go first.

• Thumbs Up 1

returned home from LOS and after 48 hrs in transit and exhausted I asked the cab driver if he could jump my car which has been sitting for 6 months and i have the cables too...was paying him 1000 bt for a 20 min ride....he said yes he could help...for an 800 bt fee.........welcome to the world.......#humanssuck

Part of the problem might also be that few people know how to do that.

Who helped already anybody with a flat battery or was helped?

I know, it's not rocket science. But things can go wrong. And people might connect the cables incorrectly.

And these days with cars full of electronics I wouldn't want to be the guy who just created a shortcut and destroyed half the electronic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Now now where are the other six dwarfs to cheer you up?

They were taken/robbed when they stopped for a 'honey pot' - Dopey, Bashful and Doc are still at the Police pleading their case, and the others have disappeared.  Snowy is looking after me right now, and then I will be Happy (again).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Jump packs available quite cheaply now, unless your battery is 100% or you want to be able to help others, can keep one in your boot/trunk.

A neighbour near me squeezed a couple of lemons into the batter and it eventually worked.

Ah, for the good old days of the starting handle.

image.jpeg.77ec9ff91aca349ead7a01e90a858ce2.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would walk up to her, put my hand out to take the cable and then drop them and walk away.

I am an alien remember.  I don't exist here.  How can I help anyone if don't exist?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/28/2024 at 9:06 AM, AustinRacing said:

Wife parks car in a temple near school in city as do a lot of parents. Calls me on video chat about battery being flat. Showed her where jumper leads were, open bonnet, flag anyone driving nearby, busy car park. Sad to watch her being turned down by about a dozen parents. “Sorry can’t”, “sorry busy”, to name a few reasons. Where’s the spirit in the temple? 😂😂😂 School bus driver came to her rescue. Thanks mate! 
I always lend a helping hand in these situations especially if a lady asking. Do you?

I was told years ago to not jump start someone else's car with mine, reason being car computers are not cheap, a few other reasons as well that I forget now, there is road side assist, get it.

• Agree 1

On 5/28/2024 at 4:49 PM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

They were taken/robbed when they stopped for a 'honey pot' - Dopey, Bashful and Doc are still at the Police pleading their case, and the others have disappeared.  Snowy is looking after me right now, and then I will be Happy (again).

You have to watch out for dwarfnapping people

• Haha 1