I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

Just now, rasg said:

Not me. I already have one. She is Thai, 21 years younger than me and the last thing in the world I would do is share her with any one.

I think you just broke GG heart....

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well I'm going back to Australia tommrrw after spending 7 weeks on off in Pattaya 

And I'm looking forward to going back !

I done my study of the retired single guys here living in small rooms in both View talay and Arcadia Beach resort and what a booooring life everyday 

Waking up , in a small room ,some yes same without balconies

Waking up toddling down to the pool , staying all day on ASEAN then as my newly found old friend I met at Arcadia resort does ,he can't wait till the bars open so he can go get drunk and waddle Home in the evening to sleep and do it all again 

Some even sit ALL day at a cafe bookshop to get company 

What a boring life 

I'm so bored I can't wait to mop the hospital floors on my next shift on Sunday 

Waking up , doing nothing all day 

Ok for a few weeks but please please don't sentence me to 20 years of it 

No thanks not for me 

I need to do something in my retirement,sit by a pool is  ok for a couple of days but no I'm not going to sit at hard drinking like these drunken old fools I see everyday 

Even opposite I see a mini mart  with drunks sitting outside drinking beer all day same guys

,same guys unfit looking shirts off in the evening after drinking the cheap mini mart beer they drunkenly go up to their rooms 

Maybe ok for a 75plus single guy but please you are just wasting days 

What you do or dont do to keep yourself active and interested is on you not the so much the place your located in, although Pattaya is over rated for the most part unless that lifestyle is for you. There are plenty of other places in Thailand that are similar or quite different. It's up to you to pick the place that suits you best but you still have control over your lifestyle and activities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You do realise this means sparktrader/bignok will be back shortly to take over the shift?

I wonder whether they job share the hospital cleaning job back in Oz and take it in turns to come over?

I have been getting nervous recently that Sparktrader/Bignok/Uttaradit/Dolf is probably due back soon. I have been slightly suspicious of a couple of new posters but their numbers aren't quite adding up - they have not been hitting the 60 posts per day mark.

First one to spot Bignok's return wins a prize.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Keeps said:

I wonder whether they job share the hospital cleaning job back in Oz and take it in turns to come over?

I have been getting nervous recently that Sparktrader/Bignok/Uttaradit/Dolf is probably due back soon. I have been slightly suspicious of a couple of new posters but their numbers aren't quite adding up - they have not been hitting the 60 posts per day mark.

First one to spot Bignok's return wins a prize.

maybe it's you.

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I need to be on a place that Stimulates my mind ,a place where people are of intelligent,and interesting , NOT sitting by a pool in view talay !!!!!

So to achieve this you ride the train in Manila watching people, you follow people into the toilet and ask them, does your wife knows what you are doing. Then turn back to mopping floors? 

What parts of this are stimulating your brain? 

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im going for walks, I'm going for massage, I'm sitting by the pool ,I'm going to the gym ....

I don't like to drink or bars 

Could I live like this if I retired ?

No thanks 

You know how depressed I would be  sitting in a dark 21sqm room in the view talay?

which view talay has 21 sm rooms?....all the ones i have seen the smallest rooms are 48 sqmeters?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, pomchop said:

which view talay has 21 sm rooms?....all the ones i have seen the smallest rooms are 48 sqmeters?

VT1 32, VT2 38 are common 

Edited by scubascuba3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well I'm going back to Australia tommrrw after spending 7 weeks on off in Pattaya 

I done my study of the retired single guys here living in small rooms in both View talay and Arcadia Beach resort and what a booooring life everyday 

Waking up toddling down to the pool , staying all day on ASEAN then as my newly found old friend I met at Arcadia resort does ,he can't wait till the bars open so he can go get drunk and waddle Home in the evening to sleep and do it all again 

What a boring life 

No thanks not for me 

I need to do something in my retirement,sit by a pool is  ok for a couple of days but no I'm not going to sit at hard drinking like these drunken old fools I see everyday 

Even opposite I see a mini mart  with drunks sitting outside drinking beer all day same guys

,same guys unfit looking shirts off in the evening after drinking the cheap mini mart beer they drunkenly go up to their rooms 

Am I missing something here, as you recently said you just got back from Manila? Does 7 weeks on and off in Pattaya include being in the Philippines? Will next week bring us a post, "Returning from Pakistan where I spent a month learning the local cooking"?

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 2

Regardless, retiring to Pattaya , leaving my job etc is not for me at this stage of my life 

If you are contemplating retiring ( to Pattaya)  THINK with your brain instead of your Dick , I have come to realise that some guys are retiring to be with a Thai partner in Pattaya,only for  that to go SOUTH after a few months 

They then get stuck in shoe box rooms sitting by that evil bloody pool everyday ,drinking outside that mini mart 

I'm dreading retirement to be here bored,I would rather go to work 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

VT1 32, VT2 38 are common 

but not 21....substantial difference...

..i once lived in a VT6 48 sqm studio which was decent size and layout...i also lived in a 110 sm VT unit which was good sized unit....choices abound.

9 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Because we're at the mercy of our biology, reproductive machines that think we have free will

Or an unbiased observer from another world might say we are poop machines, we make more poop for a longer period of time than anything else.

Could big GG please comment?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Oh I saw some SAD cases sitting in both View talay condos and Arcadia 

Some regret retiring too early ,life confined to a room .

Drinking alcohol , doing nothing all day ,trying to make conversations with strangers etc 

All bored out of their minds ,decrepit ,red noses caused by alcohol 

Not a happy retirement for most I saw 

That view talay was like a old people home ,

Please please don't lock me up there 

I'm going back to my "normal" world

I may retire ,when that time comes to somewhere else not Pattaya old people home 

Edited by georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Am I missing something here, as you recently said you just got back from Manila? Does 7 weeks on and off in Pattaya include being in the Philippines? Will next week bring us a post, "Returning from Pakistan where I spent a month learning the local cooking"?

He was also in Bangkok supposedly, torturing the vendors

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Regardless, retiring to Pattaya , leaving my job etc is not for me at this stage of my life 

If you are contemplating retiring ( to Pattaya)  THINK with your brain instead of your Dick , I have come to realise that some guys are retiring to be with a Thai partner in Pattaya,only for  that to go SOUTH after a few months 

They then get stuck in shoe box rooms sitting by that evil bloody pool everyday ,drinking outside that mini mart 

You've been rattling on for at least a year about retiring here, just face it you can't afford to.

You either like it or you don't ,it took you seven weeks to find out you could have tried another place, it took me 3 years to find out I'm not that in love with thailand for permanent but still enjoy holidays there. I didn't like pattaya either.

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

What a boring life 

No thanks not for me 

At last, I agree with you ! But not mopping floors.

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You had a 6 week holiday and hated it. Maybe just stay working til the time ends. Not everyone enjoys relaxing. Or at least learn how to plan a holiday. Most people would visit 5 to 10 locations in 6 weeks.

Posted (edited)

Some still prefer the described routine in their small condos over staying for winter in their home country. And if they can't afford a big comfy condo, what do you think would their life be "at home"? Like this?

image.jpeg.eb93c7f87fb04503e4f432f61e7c1dae.jpeg

image.png.30f29890b5814d974941f7e7185f905a.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Get a house with a garden, go travel.

With what money? Jomtein is a skint expat area. Things to do is just what the Op said, sit around by the pool and cheap happy hour beers later on.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

With what money? Jomtein is a skint expat area. Things to do is just what the Op said, sit around by the pool and cheap happy hour beers later on.

Don't stay 7 weeks in the same place if you don't like it. Loads of other parts of Thailand to visit.

34 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some still prefer the described routine in their small condos over staying for winter in their home country. And if they can't afford a big comfy condo, what do you think would their life be "at home"? Like this?

image.jpeg.eb93c7f87fb04503e4f432f61e7c1dae.jpeg

image.png.30f29890b5814d974941f7e7185f905a.png

I have never touched snow or been in it so I would welcome it for a week.

Anyway I'm leaving...on a jet plane....don't know when I will back again...I'm leaving on a jet plane 

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

You had a 6 week holiday and hated it. Maybe just stay working til the time ends. Not everyone enjoys relaxing. Or at least learn how to plan a holiday. Most people would visit 5 to 10 locations in 6 weeks.

Your probably right Susan ,staying 6 weeks in the view talay condos with a week in Philippines,I should of done more places

I got a great discount by taking Airbnb for a month ,I think it was like 10k baht 

If I had my time again I wouldn't stay so long in Pattaya,I would do a few days then Bangkok ,Chiang Mai ,Udon etc 

• Like 1