5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

1 minute ago, george said:

No, you can not re-apply for this visa after 5 years.

hmmm so, does it worth to spend 100k for just 5 years? I think the best way for me is to just come to thailand with SETV-METV visas and when i will reach 50+ age i could apply for retirement visa for just 1900 thb a year

32 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

hmmm so, does it worth to spend 100k for just 5 years? I think the best way for me is to just come to thailand with SETV-METV visas and when i will reach 50+ age i could apply for retirement visa for just 1900 thb a year

It's 10K.

Not 100K. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, anrcaccount said:

No.

It's 10K for the visa. 5 year unlimited multiple entry. Each entry 180 days. 

Extensions of 180 days if not leaving / re entering possible at Thai Immigration.

Believe it's additional 10K per extension but alternatively - you border bounce / travel in and out once every 6 months. 

So if for example I do a border bounce every 6 months should I get 6 more months extension stamp for free? 

33 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

The only thing is that it is only valid for 5 years and after can't re-apply anymore

I'm not convinced that most of this isn't just speculation.

Why would they let someone stay 5 years continuously and then cut them off? 

Can someone get their paws on one of these and report back?

1 hour ago, george said:

No, you can not re-apply for this visa after 5 years.

Who says that?

Many digital nomads will still be digital nomads in 5 years. 

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Possibly the Thai Tax office may be looking for their share if you are a Digital Nomad???

They are issuing a 5 year visa without asking anything about income. 

No need to be paranoid about taxation.  There is no way for Thailand to know anything about your foreign income.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Phillip9 said:

No need to be paranoid about taxation.  There is no way for Thailand to know anything about your foreign income.

That's not really true. Thailand has already started CRS data exchange, and you've already declared yourself a remote worker under the visa application and provided the details of your employment. Should you become a Thai tax resident, the question becomes one of motivation for enforcement rather than ability. It would be far better for someone to structure well rather than rely on blind faith that nothing will happen down the road if they evade taxes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

They are asking about work. 

The visa is explicitly for people working.

Went to Phuket Imm. today to ask about DTV.
Can't apply there, only at the Embassy.

About extensions what documents will they check?
They know nothing at all, come again in 6 months then we will know.

E-mailed Embassy in Vientiane and Phnom Penh - no response

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Went to Phuket Imm. today to ask about DTV.
Can't apply there, only at the Embassy.

It will also be available as an evisa.  Details are already on the official evisa site.  Not sure if it would actually work to apply for it there yet.

21 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

You think you know what Thailand's visa policy will be in 5 years????  You must be joking.

I don't know but there is something that doesn't fully convince me about this type of visa and we know that in Thailand there is always a surprise around the corner

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Lorry said:

They are asking about work. 

The visa is explicitly for people working.

They do require a 66000 per month income or 500K deposit plus cost 10K for the visa

11 hours ago, moana said:

1. I cited Mexico, Georgia, Philippines, and Cambodia and can easily cite numerous others. Such "open border" policies are not rare at all and are actually becoming more and more common as countries compete to host digital nomads (search for "digital nomad visa").

2. I wasn't making an argument. I was citing facts to a poster who claimed that no country has ever offered such open ended visas/policies. Poster has been proven wrong.

I believe Indians of the sort you are worrying about will find it pretty hard to come up with a 500k baht proof of funds without falsifying documents, or the 10k fee for that matter, but who knows/cares. This move will certainly benefit me personally, and I welcome it.

It won't benefit you when the country you want to stay gives you an awful experience. 

6 hours ago, Lorry said:

Indians with fake "digital nomad portfolios", working as laborers? I don't know. 

100% ... indians are already allowed to do some jobs in Thailand. They will come in mass. 

GDP per person in India is $2400 

GDP per person in Thailand is $6900

That's trippling your wages. 

Furthermore there is not a single other country in the world (other than slave labour construction in the middle east) that will allow entry like this to Indians. 

I am not specifically targetting Indians, but i have seen the turnaround by governments in Dubai and Malaysia to know they will exploit this massively. It won't be hard for Indians to falsyfy bank statements, and cash in hand with money going straight back to India i doubt they will pay any tax. 

But Russians are it too. This for them is astonishing good news. Bad news for the rest of us. 

You already seeing the changing face in Pattaya, it's become all India.  

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, anrcaccount said:

No.

It's 10K for the visa. 5 year unlimited multiple entry. Each entry 180 days. 

Extensions of 180 days if not leaving / re entering possible at Thai Immigration.

Believe it's additional 10K per extension but alternatively - you border bounce / travel in and out once every 6 months. 

So basically to clarify you could literally stay 6 months, leave for a day, then do 6 months again. Leave for a day. Do another 6 months till the 5 years?

Insanity for THailand to open the border like this. Totally nuts. 

14 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

100% ... indians are already allowed to do some jobs in Thailand. They will come in mass. 

GDP per person in India is $2400 

GDP per person in Thailand is $6900

That's trippling your wages. 

Furthermore there is not a single other country in the world (other than slave labour construction in the middle east) that will allow entry like this to Indians. 

I am not specifically targetting Indians, but i have seen the turnaround by governments in Dubai and Malaysia to know they will exploit this massively. It won't be hard for Indians to falsyfy bank statements, and cash in hand with money going straight back to India i doubt they will pay any tax. 

But Russians are it too. This for them is astonishing good news. Bad news for the rest of us. 

You already seeing the changing face in Pattaya, it's become all India.  

Go look on facebook thai visa pages. Every single reply is from India. They are coming in mass. Then the Russians. 

This 5yr multiple entry visa may be stretched out to close on to 6 years if one were to make an entry in to Thailand close to the expiration date on the visa , then applying for another 180 days extension at the end of that 180 days , if an extension had not been applied for during the validity of the visa to that point.. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Presnock said:

They do require a 66000 per month income or 500K deposit plus cost 10K for the visa

Where did you get that income figure from? Or the fact that you can qualify for the visa by showing a monthly income instead of a 500k baht bank balance?