Had and still having an issue, as per others normally my transfers goes through within minutes, however yesterday it took Wise 10 hours to send to my receiving Bank, and now 12 hours later after Wise has told me they have sent the transfer my receiving bank has not been credited. So this morning l made a small "test transfer" of Bht 300 and it was in my bank in 18 seconds, now l am worried l will have to chase up the missing funds at my local receiving bank which will probably not be that easy.

• Like 1

Went to send about 7,000 Baht two days ago from UK GBP to Bangkok Bank. Said seconds, but then reverted to 5 hours. I cancelled the transaction.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tried to remite jpy to Japan using my Aussie dollar account in Oz but for some reason Wise system insisted on

converting said funds to thb, so cancelled the transfer and went back to payPal...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did GBP 4000 from Wise to Nationwide last Saturday. Immediately out of my Wise, advised that it would take 6 hours. OK, there was a UK Bank Holiday on Monday. Nationwide told me to get a Forward Trace with Wise. Money was with Nationwide all the time, for 'Verification', and arrived on Tuesday. Nationwide gave me GBP 50 for wrong information. 

Sent GBP 40 to Virgin Credit Card yesterday.......still not arrived, but debited from my Wise account immediately. What's going on here. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What's going on is Nationwide isn't a proper bank and it's been like that forever.

But neither is Wise. Never had any problems with either in the past 10 years.

Sent GBP 400 from N'wide to Wise last week and it was instant....Faster Payments System.

I see Nationwide and Virgin are combining later this year.

Just did 100 quid, Nationwide to Barclays, and then back again..............instant.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

I have a transaction created over 24 hours ago, was supposed to be seconds, just now I checked, it is sitting somewhere between Wise and the recipient bank. Wise marked it as paid.

Checked again this morning, Wise have now added.

Keep in mind — It can take up to 2 working days for <recipient> bank to credit the account.

Which I've seen before but it wasn't displayed yesterday.

If I email them they will only point to that and say yes, our part is done/final, this is a bank delay.

It's a waiting game now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Owiee said:

Had and still having an issue, as per others normally my transfers goes through within minutes, however yesterday it took Wise 10 hours to send to my receiving Bank, and now 12 hours later after Wise has told me they have sent the transfer my receiving bank has not been credited. So this morning l made a small "test transfer" of Bht 300 and it was in my bank in 18 seconds, now l am worried l will have to chase up the missing funds at my local receiving bank which will probably not be that easy.

Give it time. Mine took 12 hours to hit my Bangkok Bank account after Wise said the transfer was completed and successful which before always meant it's already in my bank. 

Wise seems to use Tranglo SGP as their banking partner to transfer funds, at least in Thailand, could be an issue with them, who knows.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Wise have a tendency to always blame the recipient bank when I email/annoy them.

It is the Thai Banking system. I transferred two separate amounts to my g/f bank in the last 3 days, Wise says 3 hours but it was more than 12.  The Wise website said both amounts had been transferred to the Thai bank on time.  It took a 20 minute call to the Thai Bank call center to get the money released to the account.  I have no doubt at all that the Thai Banks are collectively holding on to transfer money to gain market advantage and just playing games.  One call , albeit  far too long a call, and what a surprise, the money gets released immediately. Wise is okay. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Checked again this morning, Wise have now added.

Keep in mind — It can take up to 2 working days for <recipient> bank to credit the account.

Which I've seen before but it wasn't displayed yesterday.

If I email them they will only point to that and say yes, our part is done/final, this is a bank delay.

It's a waiting game now.

Yesterday I experienced exactly the same issue as yourself. Normally its been a matter of minutes to receive my money. I'm going to have a look at Remitly. Wise has also almost doubled my transfer fee.

Maybe its a glitch hopefully.

• Like 2

I also had some troubles lately. And they seem to have increased their costs too. On their own website Western Union are cheaper (much cheaper).  In my experiuence, when a company becomes successful and then looks to make a sellout/killing, they will increase profit ratios by increasing prices and removing costs (inc. some staff).   Time to look elsewhere me think - next time I will give western union a try. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Where did you get that from? Wise make a big issue of telling us that 'no money crosses borders'. So why would they need the services of Tranglo?

I downloaded the transaction invoice/receipt and it shows under Paid out from that the Banking Partner who did the local transfer is Tranglo SGP.

Edited by Ohyesuare

17 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

In my experiuence, when a company becomes successful and then looks to make a sellout/killing, they will increase profit ratios by increasing prices and removing costs (inc. some staff). 

You mean normal business practices? It's all about profit and the natural ebb and flow of companies. Have you checked exchange the rate offered, and for how long, against the cost of transfer, for WU and other providers?  I am , so far, happy to pay Wise as I trust the company and they have provided excellent service , and competitive exchange rates, over the 7 years I have been using them.  Should me feelings change I will move on, but not yet. 

• Agree 1

I have always sent my monthly Immigration transfer via Wise to Bangkok Bank, ticking the long term stay option. This has always made it take until 14.04 the next day to arrive in Bkk Bank. 

Today I did exactly the same, and got the message that it would be here in 7 hours ie on 31st May, when it needs to be in June. I cancelled the transfer and will do it again later this evening so that it arrives, as a Foreign Transfer on 2nd June.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, superal said:

I have used Wise for 14 years here in Thailand . I have recommended them to many others . Always give 10/10 on their customer satisfaction surveys . However over the last 3 days they have , on one occasion , not made my transfer after 24 hours , so I cancelled and made a fresh transfer for slightly less money . When filling out the transfer form they said you money should arrive in seconds but no it did not .  Got an email from them saying they had received my money from my bank and that was it . So I tracked the transfer and it told me it would pay out at a given time which was 6 hours after the initial transfer . Normally I get the money in 1 minute and can access from an ATM straight away . I am used to the instant transfer but this latest event means some forward planning ahead to get funds transferred . Anyone else having the same experience as me ?

Update .

The promised pay out time of 12 30 pm did not happen . So I waited for a couple of hours but still nothing . So I managed to talk to one of their reps who actually called me within 2 minutes of me inquiring . He said that the delay was caused by the time it takes to do the conversion from Sterling to Baht . I told him " don't b/s me , I can do it in 1 minute " , though he would cut me off for swearing but no . I told him that I am going to look for and use another transfer company . He was not too bothered . I said I am finishing this conversation and he said " thanks for talking to us and have a nice day " . Money arrived in my BBK in 1 hour later .

Are there other money transfer companies to use in Thailand that can do quick transfers at competitive rates ? Because normally I let my funds run low , knowing that I can get money via Wise in an instant but I can no longer rely on them and to continue using them means forward planning . Pain in the axx

• Agree 1

I sent a relatively small amount yesterday and instead of it being instant as always it reverted 4 times to extended periods

Finally it appeared as"sent" so logged into SCB but not there

Then app showed finally "please note local bank can take 2 working days to credit"

It actually credited about 6 hours after initial process activated. Unusual but hardly a deal breaker

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Are there other money transfer companies to use in Thailand that can do quick transfers at competitive rates ?

It depends on whether you need the transfer to show as a Foreign/International Transfer for Immigration purposes. Wise have got their own way around this, and it has always shown as an FTT, but takes a day longer to arrive. No problem if you are not running on the bread line.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What's going on is Nationwide isn't a proper bank and it's been like that forever.

You're correct albeit I had to actually check that as wasn't sure

"Modern Mutual" owned by members not shareholders

5 minutes ago, Chivas said:

You're correct albeit I had to actually check that as wasn't sure

"Modern Mutual" owned by members not shareholders

But it works perfectly well as a 'real' bank. Never had any problems until this slight glitch.

The Verification is to combat laundering and look after MY money.

I have used Wise for 14 years here in Thailand . I have recommended them to many others . Always give 10/10 on their customer satisfaction surveys . However over the last 3 days they have , on one occasion , not made my transfer after 24 hours , so I cancelled and made a fresh transfer for slightly less money . When filling out the transfer form they said you money should arrive in seconds but no it did not .  Got an email from them saying they had received my money from my bank and that was it . So I tracked the transfer and it told me it would pay out at a given time which was 6 hours after the initial transfer . Normally I get the money in 1 minute and can access from an ATM straight away . I am used to the instant transfer but this latest event means some forward planning ahead to get funds transferred . Anyone else having the same experience as me ?

Sometimes it's the receiving bank.  Sometimes it's the sending bank. You need to take in account both your home-country holidays and Thai holidays as well as weekend banking and operating hours.

I've waited as much as 5 days for a transfer to take place.  It happens sometimes.  But usually - seconds.  Patience is your friend.

• Like 1

Were your transactions identical other than the slightly smaller amount?  "Monthly expenses" usually arrives in seconds, "Long-term stay" requires additional processing and usually arrives the following day.

For my "long-term stay" transfers, Wise sends the money to Bangkok Bank at 10am, and is released to my account at 1pm.  For my "monthly expense" transfers, I can access the money within seconds.  (sending baht from USA)

You wrote "Got an email from them saying they had received my money from my bank."  Are you having Wise pull from your bank, rather than sending from your bank to Wise?

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Sometimes it's the receiving bank.  Sometimes it's the sending bank. You need to take in account both your home-country holidays and Thai holidays as well as weekend banking and operating hours.

I've waited as much as 5 days for a transfer to take place.  It happens sometimes.  But usually - seconds.  Patience is your friend.

Wise took my money from my UK bank within 10 minutes of the transfer request and held on to it with no attempt to pay into my Thai bank . No problems in 10 years with Wise until now . Their agent lying to me , made things worse .

• Agree 2