British Man Arrested in Thailand for Posing as Tour Guide

webfact

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

good lord.

how in the blue blazes is this even news?

seriously???

get a life!

bob.

Blimey, you can talk...........😝

• Confused 1

Just now, transam said:

Blimey, you can talk...........😝

Indeed I can, trans.

i've just been smashing some bird whilst mrs. smith watched me..

how was your day?

bob.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

Lets lock up the company that rented the vans to him as well.  And the cops that took the bribes while certifying his company.

Renting out vans is not an offence, and since when do police "certify companies"?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chetzee said:

yea right coz everyone arriving on a boat goes that route !   I think u need to think a little more out of the box ...... like crims do 

the life in the UK test is a piece of piss for anyone you can remember a few historical facts ..... as for the English test .... its beyond easy , and the institutions that the test is farmed out to have a vested interest in candidates passing .....  And I'm not basing this on hearsay but lived experience 

I am assuming you are talking about the very small tiny percentage that claim aslyum by arriving on boats. The UK had 600,000 legal immigrants last year (alot from Hong Kong and Ukraine, and alot of students that pay through the roof to study there). Around 3% came on boats to claim Asylum. 

Provided they are even succesful with their asylum application - they still have to go through the full process and long term path to get British citizenship. And yes that includes taking a life in the UK test, British language test, savings, and job earnings. Colonial links to the UK, from a time when the UK laundered those countries wealth, then needed that population to help them in two world wars is probably a reason why they have links to the UK. France also has a similar issue with many from Africa wanting to settle there. 

If you think the life in the UK test is easy, with such questions like what is the distance from the bottom of England to the top of Scotland, or who was the 10th century king of England then you are a well versed men. Most i know who do that test have studied very hard for it. No thick planks will pass it, and i doubt the vast majority of the UK population would even pass it without some form of revision. 

But let's not get in the way of your issue here. Every modern metropolsis in the world, from USA, Canada, Australia all require some forms of immigration. All these shiny buildings you see popping in Bangkok - i'll give you a clue they aren't built by the indigenous population. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

Indeed I can, trans.

i've just been smashing some bird whilst mrs. smith watched me..

how was your day?

bob.

Pretty boring, immigration office with no officers, chopped a tree down, fixed a strimmer, replied to a few on here, so yes, boring, but keeps the gray cells from depleting even more....🤪

28 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:
49 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

A clear racist comment, that would get you in trouble in the UK.

** removed**  an idiom is not a racist comment.

Perhaps, but this is a news thread, not the pub.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Pretty boring, immigration office with no officers, chopped a tree down, fixed a strimmer, replied to a few on here, so yes, boring, but keeps the gray cells from depleting even more....🤪

....keep livin' the dream mate! :thumbsup:

bob.

Just now, bob smith said:

....keep livin' the dream mate! :thumbsup:

bob.

I am, but we all have off days, and for sure if I were in the UK now, I would not be a happy bunny any day........😬

15 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

I assume you have blue hair,am i right?

i am in Phu Quoc.

A vulgar racist post has been removed, along with a reasonable response to it. This is a news forum, not the Pub!

3 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

You used that one the other day, boring, repetitive anti-Briish individual.

There are a few of those on here, they are so dopey, they don't understand there is a large long-time British contingent on this site.

Stupidity at its finest..........😝

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

I am assuming you are talking about the very small tiny percentage that claim aslyum by arriving on boats. The UK had 600,000 legal immigrants last year (alot from Hong Kong and Ukraine, and alot of students that pay through the roof to study there). Around 3% came on boats to claim Asylum. 

Provided they are even succesful with their asylum application - they still have to go through the full process and long term path to get British citizenship. And yes that includes taking a life in the UK test, British language test, savings, and job earnings. Colonial links to the UK, from a time when the UK laundered those countries wealth, then needed that population to help them in two world wars is probably a reason why they have links to the UK. France also has a similar issue with many from Africa wanting to settle there. 

If you think the life in the UK test is easy, with such questions like what is the distance from the bottom of England to the top of Scotland, or who was the 10th century king of England then you are a well versed men. Most i know who do that test have studied very hard for it. No thick planks will pass it, and i doubt the vast majority of the UK population would even pass it without some form of revision. 

But let's not get in the way of your issue here. Every modern metropolsis in the world, from USA, Canada, Australia all require some forms of immigration. All these shiny buildings you see popping in Bangkok - i'll give you a clue they aren't built by the indigenous population. 

life in the Uk test IS easy .... my ex wife passed it .... she bought the crib book like everyone else does to help her pass it ........   also 80% of asylum seekers are successful in the UK .....     maybe take the rose tinted glasses off        

• Like 1

The Koh Phangan leg of the tour spanned days 5 to 8, with tourists provided free accommodation during their stay.

at 70k for the tour the accommodation obviously wasn't free. - who writes this stuff?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How could any tourist manage this?

Basically don't buy any tour package from a foreigner... Thai people only.

Easily done inside Thailand but not if booking in advance from outside the country,  but then again names and bank account details should confirm where the monies going.

16 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

If he wins an Olympic medal, one calls him British. If he does a crime, one calls him Pakistani.

If he wins several Olympic medals he magically evolves from an illegal immigrant from Somalia into a Knight of the Realm!

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What are you talking about, there is no suggestion that anyone was being scammed? 

Maybe the word not he same from your orgin:sorry:  

" man posing "  as a tour operator!

Sounds like posing to be something he isnt " scam "🤣

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, khunjeff said:

He wasn't "posing" as a tour guide and running a "scheme", he was an actual tour guide, running tours. He was violating employment laws, but it doesn't sound like he was defrauding his customers.

His high prices sound like a rip off to me! 

• Haha 1