Thousands March Through London Streets Waving British and English Flags

11 minutes ago, transam said:

No, you were not correct, the same as you were not correct about "press check".

But I do know about UK flags..............🥴

Nice try but your fellow countrymen will buy you another shovel.

I learned the term Union Jack is correct when flying from a vessel.

Union Flag when not.

Explained earlier in the thread by a PROPER English Gentleman.

Feel free to scroll back.

I will take his word over yours, unconditionally.

G’day to you and your room in Perth.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Nice try but your fellow countrymen will buy you another shovel.

I learned the term Union Jack is correct when flying from a vessel.

Union Flag when not.

Explained earlier in the thread by a PROPER English Gentleman.

Feel free to scroll back.

I will take his word over yours, unconditionally.

G’day to you and your room in Perth.

Nice try, but you were wrong....🤭

Room in Perth...................🤣

Another of your wrong guesses.........Perth.......😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Says a Scot who wants Scottish Independence...So funny......😂

Do feel free to explain the joke because it's gone right over my head.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Once again a laughing emoji, un-named of course.

I answered a serious question from a poster, and this is the response. Whoever the poster was obviously needs help, sadly there is no known medical cure for stupid.

Who even checks their emojis or goes further and gets upset by them? I have never understood this.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Who even checks their emojis or goes further and gets upset by them? I have never understood this.

or to even get that miffed over an emoji. priceless. 

• Agree 1

Nice try, but you were wrong....🤭

Room in Perth...................🤣

Another of your wrong guesses.........Perth.......😆

Not a guess.  Told to me by a fellow forum member.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MartinL said:

According to the Flag Institute, either Union FLAG or Union JACK is correct.

https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Union-Jack-or-Union-Flag.pdf

The FI seems to come to a pragmatic solution to this controversy.

That's not how I read it. It's accepted that the two are interchangable in today's society but not necessarily correct.

Anyhow what does the Flag Institute know about flags ? 🙂

19 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

being a little bit proud that you descend from that stock

Again. People taking "pride" in winning the birth-place lottery. There's nothing to be proud of. It didn't involve making a smart decision, it wasn't the result of hard work and dedication. We just pop out of whoever made us, wherever that person happens to be at the time.

16 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Again. People taking "pride" in winning the birth-place lottery. There's nothing to be proud of. It didn't involve making a smart decision, it wasn't the result of hard work and dedication. We just pop out of whoever made us, wherever that person happens to be at the time.

Yes, I acknowledged that in the earlier part of that sentence that you did not include. Can I request that you don't selectively quote me, please?

This is getting mad now. So "Queers for Palestine" is no longer a thing for them.......:cheesy:

LGBTQI+ activists holding a Pride Parade have their march BLOCKED by pro-Palestine protesters.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

I know. I was referring to the "British Christians" not Fox. And I was being sarcastic. I'd have thought that was obvious. 

And I'm English. 

Why sarcastic? Be grateful for a nation based on Christianity. It could have been one of the other hundreds that are not helpful for the common man.

It had to be a religion as that was a common denominator of past times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It came into use, because, by Royal Naval tradition, a warship under way would fly the "White Ensign"; as soon as it moored or anchored the White Ensign would be lowered and the Union Flag raised on the "jack staff" on the bows of the ship. Hence "Union Jack"; @RuamRudy is correct, but in effect, both terms are now in common use.

He is also correct that it is a great shame that the "Cross of Saint George" has become so tainted by association with Tommy  Robinson (why is he so averse to being known by his real name of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, perhaps he is worried by connotations of a posh bloke manipulating the knuckle draggers?)and his gangs.

Transam should read this.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why sarcastic? Be grateful for a nation based on Christianity. It could have been one of the other hundreds that are not helpful for the common man.

It had to be a religion as that was a common denominator of past times.

I'm not anti-Christian. Just the evangelicals. There's a video of them later chanting Jesus Is King. Christian Nationalists.  No time for them. 

And I'm quite happy living in a nation based on Buddhism. I don't base my life on what religion I am. 

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Once again a laughing emoji, un-named of course.

I answered a serious question from a poster, and this is the response. Whoever the poster was obviously needs help, sadly there is no known medical cure for stupid.

And this post got a sad emoji.

My response is just the same.

Sadly there is no known medical cure for stupid.

Instead of leaving an emoji, why not respond to the post and explain why? Or is that too difficult?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

When you consider previous movements throughout history this one is not exactly a worthwhile cause.  'My friend Mr. Lennon has just got out of prison and now he hates the police lets have a protest.'

• Confused 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:45 PM, Baht Simpson said:

Anyway, they'll have to move over soon, it's the Pride march.  Show them how it should be done. 

Had to chuckle a little at that one.  It's a right wing rag, but I love the GP for what they'll cover that nobody else will.

The Revolution Eats Its Own: Pro-Hamas Agitators Crash and Block Philly Pride Parade While Confronting Angry LGBTQ Marchers 

But pro-Hamas agitators decided to temporarily depart from bullying Jewish people and harass liberal gay marchers instead. Thus, an unusual scene of left-on-left fighting was witnessed in the public square.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/06/revolution-eats-its-own-pro-hamas-agitators-crash/

It was a great day…no ‘balaclavas’ anywhere. Black and white people from all parts of the country and sections of society. Christian, Sikh, Hindu…magical day with zero violence 

just British patriots sick of what the politicians have allowed to happen to your country. 
the article is badly written and untrue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

He isn't Nostradamus, he is just a woman beating, drug dealing, convicted fraudster and coward of a man who has a talent for grifting off those who are open to his brand of (sometimes) nuanced racism. Those who defend him are cult followers. 

Regarding the UK, he is right, even you want the UK broken up, you are a Scottish Independence chappy, not to be trusted..........😒

You are even worse than what you claim about the bloke..........😬

• Confused 1

Regarding the UK, he is right, even you want the UK broken up, you are a Scottish Independence chappy, not to be trusted..........😒

You are even worse than what you claim about the bloke..........😬

If you feel that he represents you, your values and what you believe in, then that's up to you Tranny. But this thread is not about me or Scottish independence.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

He isn't Nostradamus, he is just a woman beating, drug dealing, convicted fraudster and coward of a man who has a talent for grifting off those who are open to his brand of (sometimes) nuanced racism. Those who defend him are cult followers. 

He is far from a coward.  It takes genuine courage to go against the narrative the sheep have been fed from what passes as journalism nowadays.  It makes me laugh that the "left" are enthralled by the mass importation of anti-gay anti-jew cheap labour that lines the pockets of the richest in society at the expense of the working classes and the destruction of western values.  One day the left will wake up in the totalitarian state they helped create where being gay is once again illegal and women are once again second class citizens.   That is currently the future of the UK and it may or may not be too late to change this trajectory, but the people sounding the alarms are too few and are being drowned out by the bleating of the sheep who either lack critical thinking skills or who hate themselves so much that they just want to see the west burn.    

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1