U.S. Drivers Overwhelmingly Prefer Gasoline Cars To EVs: 79% to 21% KPMG Survey

I had a chat with a Thai taxi driver in bkk driving an electric car: He is very happy, charging once a day (at night) at a cost lower than gas or petrol and he is making more money than before.

The rate is identical to the common taxi

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

That maybe true in America, it’s certainly not true here.

33 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I didn't give you a confused emoji

Did I say that?  

For a start it doesn't show the trend of what buyers are choosing and secondly, it's off topic.

If my post was off-topic that must mean your post was off-topic as it was you that introduced Thailand into the thread as none of the previous posters mentioned Thailand in their posts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

This is Thailand Dude.

You wouldn’t be trolling EV owners here by any chance, would you?

Yeh, but, you are the guinea pigs here regarding EV's...😋  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

This had been discussed in another thread, I suggest you continue it there.  Or did you cut and paste it here trying to whip up some clearly needed credibility?

No, we are discussing it here, on Connda's thread..............😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WilliamSmits said:

I had a chat with a Thai taxi driver in bkk driving an electric car: He is very happy, charging once a day (at night) at a cost lower than gas or petrol and he is making more money than before.

The rate is identical to the common taxi

He's in BKK............The hub of EV's.........:intheclub:

51 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Hydrogen will replace EV soon or later(won't take too long) Hydrogen is greener and no need Chinese batteries🤔

Hydrogen will always be 5 times more expensive per kilometer.  We've tried Hydrogen, customers hate it.

Even if you can reduce the price of making Hydrogen by 80%, you still have these hurdles

• Limited Infrastructure
  • Energy Efficiency
  • Cost and Fuel Cell Technology
  • Safety Concerns
  • Lack of Automaker Commitment
  • Government Policies and Regulations
  • Competition from BEV’s (Battery Electric Vehicles)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

This had been discussed in another thread, I suggest you continue it there.  Or did you cut and paste it here trying to whip up some clearly needed credibility?

But the question was asked in this thread, as was mine that you have not answered.

Do you have any actual figures or links to prove him wrong?

Edited by billd766
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I didn't give you a confused emoji

Did I say that?  

For a start it doesn't show the trend of what buyers are choosing and secondly, it's off topic.

Did you not see my question mark? That denotes me asking you a question,  not making a statement. I guess your reply answers my question. YMMV

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, giddyup said:

It seems the popularity of the EV is dwindling fast due to huge losses on resales, plus difficulty in recycling the batteries.

I don't know that demand is dwindling as much as satiated.  Those who want one, and can afford it, have already bought one.

If I ever become a 2 car kind of guy again (like I used to be), my primary car will be an EV.  But EV's can't meet 100% of my driving needs like an ICE, so I'll stick to gasoline in the USA and diesel in Thailand, largely because of the relative cost of fuel.

On an aside, last week I noticed my first Xiaomi su7 here in China.  Absolutely gorgeous car.  So are several of the BYD's.  Tesla's going to have to keep upping their game, and GM and Ford are getting lost in the dust.

Edited by impulse
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 2:01 PM, vinny41 said:

Drivers in Thailand are turning their backs on the EV hype. Sales in April were down further at 18.4% from March

EV sales plummet as the Thai market questions the hype. April sees an 18.4% drop, worsening from March 2024. Popular EV brands struggle despite generous Thai government subsidies. The global trend is moving towards EV decline. Is the dream over? It is still too early to say but the real market is presently giving the EV car a big thumbs down.

Figures just released for EV sales in April 2024 are damning. They show a continued decline since the January 2024 peak, with sales further down in March. In total, only 4,088 EV cars were sold in Thailand, just 10.75% of the market.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2024/05/08/thai-drivers-turn-off-evs-hype-april-sales-down-over-18-per-cent/

What you didn't note is this:

The trend is coinciding with plunging sales of internal combustion engine vehicles as well as falling production. 

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2024/04/26/sales-of-ev-cars-fell-in-thailand-in-february-and-march-2024/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1