Pita Declares His Readiness to Succeed Srettha as Prime Minister

PM of a corrupt government? He needs to be heading his people not the current bunch of upstarts, if they would even let him lol. Spose it's all about keeping his face out there. 🙂

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pita Limjaroenrat, a key member of the Move Forward Party (MFP) and former prime ministerial candidate, recently said he is ready to step up as Prime Minister if the current holder of the office, Srettha Thavisin, is removed through a court decision.

Hope he is not being sucked into taking on something he shouldn't be ............. We all know what the opposition is capable of  !!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How can he possibly become PM after last time? I thought his party had been disbanded or disallowed because of its lese majeste policy. Thai politics is difficult to follow and understand.

Edited by Spock
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said, "If the law allows it, I must become a prime ministerial candidate,

The "law" in Thailand is a fickle thing.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pita Limjaroenrat, a key member of the Move Forward Party (MFP) and former prime ministerial candidate

Should read...

"Pita Limjaroenrat, a key member of the Move Forward Party (MFP) and former prime minister elect..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any change would be good for Thailand. I know that it is a novel idea but shouldn't the person who gets the most votes be the elected leader? I guest that is something that the USA and Thailand have in common.

Visit 'Transparency.org'  to see where Thailand and your country ranks on the World Corruption Index. 

image.png

image.png

12 hours ago, mfd101 said:

No. MFP won the most votes and therefore the most seats of any party in the Lower House. BUT it did not win a majority of seats, which meant that the wheeler-dealers of the other parties could form a coalition with MORE seats than MFP and with a MAJORITY of seats in the lower House and thereby form a government.

Which is what happened.

I enjoy your correct and pragmatic approach to the bare facts in this and subsequent posts on this topic. It's a pity that Bob and Dinsdale don't seem to get it. I agree with their views in general also but yours is pragmatic. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1