Should a man know how to use a drill ?

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

wood bit are shaped different    concrete bits are thicker (usually marked on the packaging )   whats left is for basically  everything else

Thanks,  I have found that to be the case.  Metal and cement bits are semi-interchangeable.  Wood bits  is easily separated...

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

wood bit are shaped different    concrete bits are thicker (usually marked on the packaging )   whats left is for basically  everything else

Masonry bits as they are called, have a small 'horizontal' piece at the tip going across the drill.

Metal/wood bits are the same diameter all their length.

shopping.webp

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

No time to read previous posts.

Anyone who believes these off cuff comments has a distorted perspective.  We all have varied skill sets.  There are some extremely smart people who may have never used a drill but achieved great success.  Learn not to give a F and enjoy your life 

28 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I rarely use them since I fell in love with contact cement.  I tell myself that it is the better option and it isn't as permanent as a drill hole and I always make mistakes.  For those seldom drill users, HTF do you tell the difference between the cement and metal bits.  I gave up and just go with the right size.

For the uneducated such as yourself they now make all in one drills that can be used to drill wood, concrete and steel.  Usually they are coloured red or yellow and, of course, come in different sizes.

I am no handyman.

As it happens my ex Thai wife got with a tradesman and we are good friends so he helps with that stuff and I help him with financial stuff. He actually renovated a whole apartment. Top bloke.  Funny. There have been many good things come from my ex wife even if our marriage wasn't the best.  Stick to what you are good at and take it easy with what you are not. 

5 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

For the uneducated such as yourself they now make all in one drills that can be used to drill wood, concrete and steel.  Usually they are coloured red or yellow and, of course, come in different sizes.

Are you having fun with me?  What are they going to think of next.  Off to Lazada to get some  of these dummie proof bits.  Bought a bunch of contact cement yesterday but my gluing days might be numbered.

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am no handyman.

As it happens my ex Thai wife got with a tradesman and we are good friends so he helps with that stuff and I help him with financial stuff. He actually renovated a whole apartment. Top bloke.  Funny. There have been many good things come from my ex wife even if our marriage wasn't the best.  Stick to what you are good at and take it easy with what you are not. 

The OP mops floors for a living is what I gather from other posts. Think a little exploration might be exciting in his case.  He should probably start his journey slowly  - not an easy transition IMO.

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

And yet you have never walked the Manila Subway at night have you !

Admit it !

I done 2 nights at around 11pm walking back n forth ! 

Read something about The Manila Stalker a while ago.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

You should already know these things. I guess you have always been living in a cave.

Or tied to mothers apron strings

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The OP mops floors for a living is what I gather from other posts.

Is it not one of those jobs reserved only for Thais? If not, can anyone get a Work Permit to be a Moppet?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

A real man can answer this question:  Black and Decker or Makita?

I have a full suite of Milwaukee M18 Brushless.... meh crapNwrecker and mickyita.

Edited by Ralf001

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou and it takes a man to admit they have never walked up & down the Manila subway at night like I did 👍many others won't admit it 

Touting a bit of business were you  

On 6/4/2024 at 1:53 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Does a "real man " know how to use a DRILL

If you need to ask the question, you don't need to ask the question.

By the way, what exactly were you looking for in the subways of Manila late at night? Aren't there websites for that kind of thing now?

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

Years ago I was drilling a holes in dense cement while my Thai GF laid on a mattress. I was waiting for the frame to arrive and wanted to mount a big picture before the bed frame complicated things.  After watching me struggle for 5 minutes she got out of bed naked asked for the drill, stood on her tip toes and made the perfect hole. 

She was the most beautiful woman I had ever been with and watching her with the drill was better than sex with 99% of the women that proceeded her.  She was also the first woman in Thailand to move on from me and I wonder if my inept ability with the drill had anything to with it 🙂

As I read your post I couldn't help to think about the fact that your Thai GF was lying on the mattress, while you were busy trying to drill holes elsewhere, that this just might have had something to do with why she moved on from you, but I guess it will remain a mystery. 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

By the way, what exactly were you looking for in the subways of Manila late at night? Aren't there websites for that kind of thing now?

The guy mops floors for a living in a mental institution, somewhere off in the desert in Australia. To him, trolling the locals in the subways of Manila seems to be a thrilling night out. 

On 6/4/2024 at 6:11 PM, Prubangboy said:

Don'r you just sort of aim and lean on it a little bit? Do I pass your test? Or is there more to it?

Pressing down is not enough. You also have to plug the device into the power point and press the trigger.

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, Photoguy21 said:

You should already know these things. I guess you have always been living in a cave.

why would you say that, does his knuckles drag on the ground?

4 hours ago, atpeace said:

Years ago I was drilling a holes in dense cement while my Thai GF laid on a mattress. I was waiting for the frame to arrive and wanted to mount a big picture before the bed frame complicated things.  After watching me struggle for 5 minutes she got out of bed naked asked for the drill, stood on her tip toes and made the perfect hole. 

She was the most beautiful woman I had ever been with and watching her with the drill was better than sex with 99% of the women that proceeded her.  She was also the first woman in Thailand to move on from me and I wonder if my inept ability with the drill had anything to with it 🙂

probably inept drilling was more likely the reason . 

A drill is basically the only tool I have here. You cant be calling people every time you want to put something on a wall, cmon. Get yourself a nice plug in drill that has hammer mode and start hanging your own stuff. Trouble us the room gets so dusty afterwards I can’t even stand to make holes anymore 

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

A drill is basically the only tool I have here. You cant be calling people every time you want to put something on a wall, cmon. Get yourself a nice plug in drill that has hammer mode and start hanging your own stuff. Trouble us the room gets so dusty afterwards I can’t even stand to make holes anymore 

Trick is you need to have one person to hold a vacuum cleaner hose close to where you're drilling into concrete. Then no dust goes into the air. Common sense is magical isn't it?