What, if anything, would make you move back Home?

51 minutes ago, poobear said:

Much more of a monthly income to support my wife, son, and myself. If I could afford it I would pack up and leave here immediately. 

You can't afford to leave ????

This is why I think it's better NOT to sell all your assests in farangland 

KEEP your house there !!!

16 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

For me at 90 it could be sooner than later. But so far, so good.😉

How many years in Thailand? 

May I ask where you live on your elderly days, and have it been a special woman involved in your life? 

• Love It 1

Just now, ChumpChange said:

in many parts of Thailand it's already been hampered (sadly)

Living in thailand before I never experienced the pollution. This time I spent a few years in bkk. Never again. So many thai will die from cancer in the coming years as a direct result. Scary really how bad it will get

Just now, stoner said:

Living in thailand before I never experienced the pollution. This time I spent a few years in bkk. Never again. So many thai will die from cancer in the coming years as a direct result. Scary really how bad it will get

The HEPA filters are the only way to survive anymore. It's even worse for those in Chiang Mai and all the districts in between heading to and including Chiang Dao. 

From the above article link:

Research focusing on emphysema patients in Chiang Dao, a locality known for high PM2.5 levels, shows that exposure leads to cellular changes, hinting at the potential for genetic mutations and cancer development. The adverse health impacts of PM2.5 pollution are further evidenced by a spike in respiratory problems, with serious conditions like emphysema, coronary heart disease, and strokes becoming more common during high pollution periods.

• Like 1

:cheesy: One if anything ever happen to my Thai family.

Two, if I won a sizable amount in one of their lottery then I would take them all out of this hell hole to my former homes which has turn into a <deleted> hole!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another interesting question would be, "How many have something to return to?"

What other options do you have than living in Thailand? Thats what Im trying to make sure, not become stuck in Thailand if some kind of Ragnarok happens in near future (new pendemic, war, economic crises), and not only for me, my wife to!

The cost of expat health insurance at an international standard is something that can cause many to eventually leave.

It remains affordable up until the age of 65 for most, but after that the premiums can sky rocket.

At that point many people, who still want to have medical coverage, could find themselves forced to leave and go back home to where they can get some sort of government provided healthcare. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Another interesting question would be, "How many have something to return to?"

What other options do you have than living in Thailand? Thats what Im trying to make sure, not become stuck in Thailand if some kind of Ragnarok happens in near future (new pendemic, war, economic crises), and not only for me, my wife to!

Sadly, I have a few friends in Thailand, more than a few in fact, who can't really afford to leave. Not sure what would happen to them if things really go tiits up. I'm just hoping (for their sake) it never really comes to that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hankypankee said:

You seem like the kind of dude who shows up at a party and then everyone else suddenly leaves. 

You are entitled to your beliefs. However, you have no  kind of knowledge about that, do you. You just needed to post something, and then you did. Maybe I should judge you out of your handle. 

Like the first original meaning of your handle, really do not stand much for an interesting party guy:

Only a little hanky-panky, my lud. The people likes it; they loves to be cheated before their faces. One, two, three – presto – begone. I’ll show your ludship as pretty a trick of putting a piece of money in your eye and taking it out of your elbow, as you ever beheld

But you probably mean the second meaning, and there it turns out to be a way for perverts and people behaving in improper ways with out sincerity:

behaviour, in particular sexual or legally dubious behaviour, considered improper but not seriously so

So, ok! I think you should take a beer and think about that.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Sadly, I have a few friends in Thailand, more than a few in fact, who can't really afford to leave. Not sure what would happen to them if things really go tiits up. I'm just hoping (for their sake) it never really comes to that. 

I good advice would be to find some friends that knows what they do in life.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I bet you're lonely with that attitude.............🥴

Not really, but what do you know? You just make up stories about other members here. I guess you need a hobby.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I do, please tell all............🤔....................:coffee1:

No, not gonna go with that. You can continue all you want, because that´s what you do.

You know, I just sit back and take a beer more. Have a nice day Mr Trans

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

I love Spain.

bob.

so why dont you grow a pair and move there?

why do you need to sign your name on all posts? You afraid someone will plagiarize you? hoping to get famous?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I keep a vehicle & RV stored & provisioned in the US that has given us countless pleasant memories....

Partially because of the uncertainties of life -

If something disastrous were to happen here I'd think about taking a few things + my dog & go RV'ing the US until (I/we?) either come back here or end up there .... I have, established grown daughters here & in the US....

I'm not really "needed" in either place & tend to be fiercely independent....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Love It 1

11 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

so why dont you grow a pair and move there?

why do you need to sign your name on all posts? You afraid someone will plagiarize you? hoping to get famous?

I have reached heights that you can only dream about, frogs.

sauté the frogs!

bob.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Did more than 3 people actually answer the question.......Answer is no. most of ya'll couldn't make it back to your home country..LOL

I'll leave it at that.

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

you can't even answer a simple question, can you?

Chump by name, Chump by nature.

bob.

I realised long time ago already that some (or many) members here are not capable to answer the most simple questions but prefer to answer with a question. There might be a lack of brain I'd say. 

However, don't be upset. They cannot match you.