Tolerance & Respect

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Next week as part of our yearly training I'm due to go for the Cultural respect diversity tolerance training course 

It would appear that the Scottish lady's tolerance didn't extend to approving of an old pervert splashing around in the kiddie pool with her children. You haven't been a parent, but most parents would understand her viewpoint perfectly. I guess tolerance has its limits. Surprise.

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Recently I wrote about how I was swimming in a pool in Pattaya at the Arcadia Beach resort 

Three young children swam  near me , I saw a large Scottish lady approach me and basically told me to go Into another pool.on the other side ,I apologised and left 

In fact she was telling all makes even in the banana chairs nearby and I doubt anyone had a problem with it 

Now please let me get into this 

I have worked for a Government department now for 30 years

Next week as part of our yearly training I'm due to go for the Cultural respect diversity tolerance training course 

This is where we must learn to give people of the Muslim faith tolerance where they must be given breaks to pray 

Even gay people colleugiwho passionately kiss 💋,I observed this in the workplace last Monday night where I saw 2 male nurses passionately kiss each other and people commented it was "beautiful" 

I am observing a lot of workers from the arabic Pakistani background who some may not have the tolerance to accept their cultural differences,for eg a worker  from Pakistan who is a cleaner likes to shout out to people in his way "Move brother ,move out my way "!!!

I immediately smile and think it's beautiful 

Another couple of indian background cleaners in my workplace  constantly have the earpiece phone to their ear talking away to whoever in India and we must tolerate that and smile because this is indian culture nowadays to have a earpiece 

Please attend these workshops if you can to learn respect 

Tolerance and Respect ???? Something you wouldn't find here on AN unfortunately 🥴

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I hold doors open for people, I would never let a door slam back into anyone's face (man or lady) Some years ago I got a mouthful for holding a door open for a lady

A mouthful of what?😉

To OP,

Why did you leave when the large Scottish lady told you to? Were you in a kiddies pool or something? If you were in an adult pool and not fiddling with the kids (obviously) then why did you even consider leaving? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

To OP,

Why did you leave when the large Scottish lady told you to? Were you in a kiddies pool or something? If you were in an adult pool and not fiddling with the kids (obviously) then why did you even consider leaving? 

No I was in the adult pool .

But she came over to swim near me I have no idea why ,I thought she was starting a conversation ,they were swimming from one end to the other ,of course I was holding onto the other end 

The pool at Arcadia resort is very big so I apologised and went in the next pool

Her kids were swimming from one side to the other 

Have respect for others !

I immediately apologised 

Even recently I was getting on a bus in Australia and a Muslim lady with full burkha was taking up both seats , she didn't move so I stood up.,we must respect and have tolerance that she may not be comfortable !

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2024 at 3:07 PM, georgegeorgia said:

30 years as a cleaner your skills are amazing. Please stop stealing meds from the other patients in your Pyhsco ward. One day in your dreams you might even visit Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2024 at 3:37 PM, ChumpChange said:

Trying to read the OP was a definite test of tolerance, but admittedly I failed to get all the way through it. It was definitely a diverse use of poor and confusing English language though. 

Well he is Australian...........:giggle:

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

But she came over to swim near me I have no idea why ,I thought she was starting a conversation ,they were swimming from one end to the other ,of course I was holding onto the other end 

The pool at Arcadia resort is very big so I apologised and went in the next pool

I immediately apologised 

Even recently I was getting on a bus in Australia and a Muslim lady with full burkha was taking up both seats , she didn't move so I stood up.,we must respect and have tolerance that she may not be comfortable !

Yes because wearing tarp in public us full on progressive.

Nope! That will never happen. Respect is one thing, and of course you should respect people with no concern about their heritage, religion nor culture. However, respect is also something that needs to be eared and cared for. As you mention in examples, there you have people that do not respect others. They, then automatically, do not deserve your respect.

Cultural respect diversity tolerance 

Is it something that applies ONLY to one side?

If it's mutual, no one has to find another pool just because I am swimming with my lot. So, there is "Cultural respect diversity tolerance" only to one party - the other has to move on? WHY?

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I immediately apologised 

Respect for others?  Immediately apologised?  Why?  You weren't doing anything wrong.

If it was a very small pool and you were just chilling and the kids had nowhere else to head to other than exactly where you were standing, I could understand a polite request, but this sounds a lot like she just didn't want you, or any other male, in the same pool as her kids, which is ludicrous.

On 6/6/2024 at 4:17 PM, Hummin said:

Can you eleborate this one? Not sure I get the point here

It sounds like the woman was telling all the men to leave the pool so that her and her children could use the pool alone.  Sounds insane.

It's possible that the request was made, but all the men saying "Sure, sorry, I'll leave to accommodate you for no reason" seems a tad fishy.

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I immediately apologised 

She didnt respect you ! You were super tolerant in changing swimming pool.

Everyone could swim there, it is NOT especially for her kids!

Why you apologized? You didnt do a thing wrong.

She showed disrespect and put you in a roll of child abuser, molester, in her freaking mind !!

Pure discrimination, as she probably wouldnt do so, if there was a woman swimming.

You are very polite and submissive, I must say.

The woman has issues of not being tolerant and being disrespectful or did she played her roll as dominant maîtres?

Maybe she should follow a course.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It sounds like the woman was telling all the men to leave the pool so that her and her children could use the pool alone.  Sounds insane.

It's possible that the request was made, but all the men saying "Sure, sorry, I'll leave to accommodate you for no reason" seems a tad fishy.

She might suspect they where man pigs steering at her kids? 

Edited by Hummin

On 6/6/2024 at 4:55 PM, Gandtee said:

My tolerance of this OP is waning rapidly with his/her limp wristed comments. As regards two male nurses kissing. I suggest they stop buggering about and get on with the job they are paid for. That goes for this Mrs. Mop also. Or is he just winding us up?😉

He is the biggest troll on AN

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:07 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Three young children swam  near me , I saw a large Scottish lady approach me and basically told me to go Into another pool.on the other side ,I apologised and left 

Why did you apologise? I'd have told her to take the kids to the other pool.

I take it the entire post is satire?

Posted (edited)

Recently I wrote about how I was swimming in a pool in Pattaya at the Arcadia Beach resort 

In fact she was telling all makes even in the banana chairs nearby and I doubt anyone had a problem with it 

Now please let me get into this 

This is where we must learn to give people of the Muslim faith tolerance where they must be given breaks to pray 

Even gay people colleugiwho passionately kiss 💋,I observed this in the workplace last Monday night where I saw 2 male nurses passionately kiss each other and people commented it was "beautiful". I am observing a lot of workers from the arabic Pakistani background who some may not have the tolerance to accept their cultural differences,for eg a worker  from Pakistan who is a cleaner likes to shout out to people in  his way "Move brother ,move out my way xxx"!!!I immediately smile and think it's beautiful. Another couple of indian background cleaners in my workplace  constantly have the earpiece phone to their ear talking away to whoever in India and we must tolerate that and smile because this is indian culture nowadays to have a earpiece 

I used to think that people respected me because I was a good person. But later, I realized that people respected me because they themselves were good people. 

Edited by ingridguerci94
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ingridguerci94 said:

I used to think that people respected me because I was a good person. But later, I realized that people respected me because they themselves were good people. 

I thought that people respected me because I'm a dangerous and violent psychopath!

• Haha 1

I saw a large Scottish lady approach me and basically told me to go Into another pool.on the other side ,I apologised and left 

How large? When she sits around the house, does she sit around the house?

On 6/7/2024 at 6:50 AM, USNret said:

I’m really not sure what this is all about, but if I’m in a public pool and someone tells me to leave they are going to be S – out of luck. If they are offended by my presence, they can go elsewhere.

I find a nice solid meaty fart has them walking away pronto.

21 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Mmmaybe time to let this butt-hurt mini-grudge go?

Let it go many years ago, it just took me by suprise at the time

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

How large? When she sits around the house, does she sit around the house?

Apparently she was sitting on your face as you were babbling on about some bloke called Trump over in America , we could still hear your dulcite American tones babbling on as she sat her Scottish bum cheeks on either side of your face