webfact

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

who wears long pants in thailand?

fashion police

That means that the criminal farang works for the "fashion police"? 🤔 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Heck you do have a problem !

The last of the 'by Jingo' crowd, wrapping up his Hovis and Marmite sandwiches in the union flag standing guard at Dover against the hoards who would steal our 'British way of life'

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand has this reputation among criminals that one can easily stay/hide there and stil do they dirty deeds if they choose

to and if got caught, there's a good chance to pay your way free and this is why so many of them are taking residency 

in places where they can get lost among the many other .foreigners that just looks like them..

Yeah, and he though he was invisible with those Aussie-Yakuza style tattoos. Good point! He really looked like a regular foreigner.

24 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Aussie and NZ are quite strict on this.  Many an Southeast Asian lady has been refused entry due to a likelihood of 'working' while on a tourist visa 

I know a couple of Thais that are convicted felons (in Thailand) that visited New Zealand fairly recently.

Easy to get a 'clean Police record check' in Thailand if you know the right people. Also, their record keeping is not the best, and records often go 'missing'.

Posted (edited)

Saw a documentary years ago about the Italian Mafia's presence in Australia, the Camorra from the Naples Area, and the Ndrangheta from Calabria. I believe that "Ozzie Bob" a character (based on a true-life character) from the drama series "Underbelly" had links to them.

Edited by Andrew65

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I wish that somewhere there were stories about how people deported from Thailand are getting on back in their own countries. Many of the people I know can live here but would probably be in a box on the street in my uk.

I was blacklisted and deported > 5 years ago after being assaulted by a drunken Thai neighbour.  

While being held at a regional prison and IDC BKK, recuperating from a life threatening lung infection, my UK bank accounts were fraudulently emptied and I was left in debt by tens of thousands.  When deported, I lodged with my son and his family for a few months until healthier and then with ex-military friends for nearly 2 years.  

I was then fortunate enough to be allocated a tiny council bedsit during the Covid pandemic during which time I was almost totally reliant on charity to survive.  I spent 12-15 hours a day pursuing my own legal action against the bank because the authorities, including police and judiciary, were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard providing no help to recover my stolen funds.  Later, I managed to get a low paid job working from home for 2 years, during which time I won my case against the bank and recovered about 75% of my savings.  

During that time, I also appealed against the RTP immigration decision and, after their rejection, my case was filed with the Administrative Court and has been pending a hearing for nearly 2 years.  Another legal avenue is also being pursued.  

I receive the State Pension and, due to a divorce, half a military pension so am comfortable and currently residing in Cambodia with my Thai partner.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I wish that somewhere there were stories about how people deported from Thailand are getting on back in their own countries. Many of the people I know can live here but would probably be in a box on the street in my uk.

I left Thailand in 2018, after 20 years of living there.

Up until 2014 I had worked in the oil industry, and spent breaks in Thailand, 6 weeks away working, followed by a 3 week break in Thailand.
By the end of 2017 I had been 3 years without work and was getting incredibly bored in Thailand, I also wasn't in a relationship or messing around in the bar-scene there. Partly due to this, by the time I decided to leave Thailand I still had quite a lot in savings left from when I did work, £XX,000. This meant that going back to the UK was quite easy.
It was just as well that I had that money, as on 2 occasions I had to pay 7 month's rent (nearly (£4,000 a time) when moving into properties.
Also, because I had lived overseas, and hadn't insured a car for more than 5 years, my car insurance cost around double (around £1500) what it would have cost. One company refused to insure me at all!
I did manage to open a UK bank/current account, but because I had not maintained a financial presence in the UK, I had no 'credit-rating'.
When I moved back I was only 53, so still had another 14 years of working life until state pension age. I started doing some agency delivery driving work, but got a full time position, where I have now been for 3 years.

When I left Thailand I probably could've stayed there another 2 or 3 years, but was getting very bored, and I knew that I had to 'grasp the nettle', leave Thailand, and get a job.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

And the Brit was only "a lead" which led to the  Aussie involvement. 

Sounds to me the gun wielding Brit grassed up the Aussies for a reduced punishment.

So not real mafia, just wannabes who squeal as soon as the cops put on some pressure. 
These tattooed crims are so pathetic these days.

Once one squeals the whole house of cards follows.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Saw a documentary years ago about the Italian Mafia's presence in Australia, the Camorra from the Naples Area, and the Ndrangheta from Calabria. I believe that "Ozzie Bob" a character (based on a true-life character) from the drama series "Underbelly" had links to them.

Yeah, Robert Trimbole 's parent are from Calabria.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spermwhale said:

It really astounds me taht the reports are so lazy or too afraid to ask for the suspect's full name. And then what baffles me even more is that they are blacking out the faces of these foreign criminals. Why protect them? 

Because it is their right if they have not been convicted yet.

• Agree 1

Luxury residence tells me this geezer has probably done ok out of the 'business' but the others nicking bikes and doing runners from hospitals says they were possibly his useful idiots....having said that i do hope they get their lives back on track👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Encore said:

I was blacklisted and deported > 5 years ago after being assaulted by a drunken Thai neighbour.  

While being held at a regional prison and IDC BKK, recuperating from a life threatening lung infection, my UK bank accounts were fraudulently emptied and I was left in debt by tens of thousands.  When deported, I lodged with my son and his family for a few months until healthier and then with ex-military friends for nearly 2 years.  

I was then fortunate enough to be allocated a tiny council bedsit during the Covid pandemic during which time I was almost totally reliant on charity to survive.  I spent 12-15 hours a day pursuing my own legal action against the bank because the authorities, including police and judiciary, were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard providing no help to recover my stolen funds.  Later, I managed to get a low paid job working from home for 2 years, during which time I won my case against the bank and recovered about 75% of my savings.  

During that time, I also appealed against the RTP immigration decision and, after their rejection, my case was filed with the Administrative Court and has been pending a hearing for nearly 2 years.  Another legal avenue is also being pursued.  

I receive the State Pension and, due to a divorce, half a military pension so am comfortable and currently residing in Cambodia with my Thai partner.  

Curious as how someone could fraudulently empty your UK bank accounts unless it’s a joint account.

And a victim of assault by a Thai gets blacklisted and deported?  Was that the only incident or did you do something else to cause the deportation?

Blacklisted and deported normally require a fairly serious offense.

Things are looking brighter now.

8 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

A lot of talk about mafia connections and “crimes” which sound serious, but the only crimes the alleged gang have been arrested on are dodging a hospital bill, overstay and stealing a motorbike.

They don’t sound like criminal masterminds or up there with the Gambino family. Lowlifes for sure though

Thai people have seized upon "mafia" as a generic term for timeserved criminals whose income derives predominantly/entirely from criminal activity.

People who, in 19th century Britain, began to be described as "The Criminal Class".

When used in Thailand it does not indicate that those described are operating with the same level of sophistication or integration as the Cosa Nostra, the Yakuza, or any other of the similar criminal societies that exist worldwide.

Burglaries around my way, in Thailand, are often described to me as the work of "mafia".

11 hours ago, save the frogs said:

who wears long pants in thailand?

fashion police

He did not want us to see: maybe more tatoos and one tatoo saying I am a criminal...heeheehaaa  

8 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Sounds to me the gun wielding Brit grassed up the Aussies for a reduced punishment.

So not real mafia, just wannabes who squeal as soon as the cops put on some pressure. 
These tattooed crims are so pathetic these days.

Once one squeals the whole house of cards follows.

Tw@t