Visa run from Bangkok: do and don't

19 minutes ago, norbra said:

Air Asia x BKK KUL BKK 3000THB If you are looking for returning visa exempt.

Dep Suv 2pm return 10am next day

Airport immigration at Suvarnabhumi won't be happy about such an OUT-IN "bounce".

They probably tolerate it for someone who doesn't have a lot of history of staying in Thailand as a tourist, but it would be a risky thing to try for anyone who does.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, DrJack54 said:

Fly Bangkok to Udon Thani and short run to friendship bridge. 

Out of curiosity, is that any cheaper than flying out of the country and flying back in?  It's been awhile since I flew anywhere domestic, but I recall domestic flights inside Thailand were often more expensive than nearby int'l flights.  I always figured that was because of competition with int'l airlines.

Edited by impulse

49 minutes ago, impulse said:

Out of curiosity, is that any cheaper than flying out of the country and flying back in?  It's been awhile since I flew anywhere domestic, but I recall domestic flights inside Thailand were often more expensive than nearby int'l flights.  I always figured that was because of competition with int'l airlines.

The suggestion I made re flying was down to OP ruling out minivans and also stated BKK to Udon Thani was too expensive. (It's under 2k return) 

For folk without  significant recent history in Thailand, I often suggest mini holiday to Saigon.

The OP stated that his plan was to go to Da Nang.

Don't know why changed that plan. 

The OP favours train.

The fastest express train to Nong Khai is approx 9hrs one way. More than flight BKK to Melb Oz

No Thanks