Who will win Euro 2024?

Seppius

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

You think that I am am all talk and I haven't put a bet on Bellingham ?

I havent bet on anything and never claimed to have done so 

Oh ok. Thanks for your opinion then. Let’s see how it works out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While I've not been happy with our performances and strategy in the earlier rounds, what is important is that we peak at the right time. If we do that tonight then we've got it in the bag. 

• Like 1

Anyone's game. Although Spain have the edge--and are actually quite brilliant--they will not have wanted England in the final who have the talent to spank them (if they switch on and are given free reign).

Not read all replies as likely loaded with the usual negative anti-English tat from the same tired old usual suspects... hint: boring lowlander 'sassenach' spiel. Win or lose, at least we are there. Where tf are you, ya bstards? 🤣😛

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Bellingham  could score a hattrick and win the golden boot 

...and pigs can (still) fly.

Edited by NanLaew

3 minutes ago, garygooner said:

I reckon .....  Spain 2 England 1.   

No penalty shootout please!  

Penalty shootout 
Spain lost 3 out of last 4
England won 3 out of last 4

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Penalty shootout 
Spain lost 3 out of last 4
England won 3 out of last 4

Spain have faced 13 penalty shootouts in all competitions, winning seven and losing six – a win ratio of 53.8 per cent. 

England has had 11, winning four and losing seven – a win ratio of only 36.4 per cent.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

...and pigs can (still) fly.

If you think that Harry Kane will definitely win the golden boot award, then go to  bookmaker and put all that you own on that bet .

Put your money where your mouth us  .

My point is that Harry quite possibly will not win the award 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Spain have faced 13 penalty shootouts in all competitions, winning seven and losing six – a win ratio of 53.8 per cent. 

England has had 11, winning four and losing seven – a win ratio of only 36.4 per cent.

For me it is recent performances that are relevant. Before Southgate took over it was 1 from 7

2 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

For me it is recent performances that are relevant. Before Southgate took over it was 1 from 7

For me it is total luck based on which way the goalkeeper just happens to dive......or if he stays put.

Just now, Will B Good said:

For me it is total luck based on which way the goalkeeper just happens to dive......or if he stays put.

I used to think that but having listened to the backroom staff of England I no longer think so, coupled with that I have never seen so confidently well taken penalties and I go back 57 years of watching football 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

I used to think that but having listened to the backroom staff of England I no longer think so, coupled with that I have never seen so confidently well taken penalties and I go back 57 years of watching football 

Yes there penalties were very good.  

Harry cane is first class.....no messing about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Many Thai's are backing England to win, 

Not surprising as Thais love the Premier League.  I would think most people except Spaniards and Scots are backing England. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not surprising as Thais love the Premier League.  I would think most people except Spaniards and Scots are backing England. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I listen to Talk sport quite a lot and lots of Scot's calling in who are supporting England, 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You could probably add Dutch to that list.

There's not much between the two teams. England have a better team on paper, but Spain are in form. Could go either way. 

• Like 1

England should have no fear going into this game, on paper what a team, Leading scorer in the Bundesliga, Kane, Player of the year in Spain, Belling ham, Player of the season in the PL, Foden, and Young Kobie Mainoo, we need a couple of players to step up tonight, Walker, Stones and Rice, who will play left back? Shaw if he's fit enough I think,  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

England should have no fear going into this game, on paper what a team, Leading scorer in the Bundesliga, Kane, Player of the year in Spain, Belling ham, Player of the season in the PL, Foden, and Young Kobie Mainoo, we need a couple of players to step up tonight, Walker, Stones and Rice, who will play left back? Shaw if he's fit enough I think,  

This is probably the biggest game England is playing after 1966 so the fear and pressure will be there.

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Most ain't. f um. Who gives a flying one what the numpty sweaties care about? Seriously. They hate us by default no matter how much pandering and subsidising one does, so F them! If they're not speaking German they're speaking Russian. Take your ole enemy protectors out of the equation and see how you go. 😴

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2024 at 10:46 AM, ChipButty said:

Thats a load of bollicks, Most of Scandinavia will follow England, Northern Ireland are more British than the British, 

Scandinavians loves Spain 🇪🇸 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

You could probably add Dutch to that list.

There's not much between the two teams. England have a better team on paper, but Spain are in form. Could go either way. 

The form team won. England had a good spell after the substitutions but Spain were the best team over the course of the game. A lot of twitter comments berating Southgate ... but to be fair two finals is better than his predecessors, with the exception of Ramsey. 

• Thumbs Up 1

- Lost 2 Carabao Cup finals

- Lost the UCL final

- Lost Euros 2020 final

- Lost the German Super Cup

- Bayern also lost their first league title in 12 years

- Lost Euros 2024 final

ZERO trophy won in his career.

Feel sorry for him, but just maybe the Harry Kane curse is real.

• Agree 1

England massively missed Rashford all tournament. There was no pace outlet, and the left-hand side was non-existent in most games.

Rashford would have also brought the best out of Harry Kane, and when Southgate is playing more counter-attacking style football, he is your best pick.

He got 3 goals in 144 minutes last World Cup. In terms of balance and who suits how Southgate wants to play he should have taken Rashford.

He may have had a much worse season than the likes of Bowen, Foden, etc., but for England, you know he can deliver, unlike the other two.

Southgate should have focused on balance rather than trying to accommodate all his best players in same team.

Rashford, Kane, Saka have always been Englands best/ most balanced front line.

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

England massively missed Rashford all tournament. There was no pace outlet, and the left-hand side was non-existent in most games.

Rashford would have also brought the best out of Harry Kane, and when Southgate is playing more counter-attacking style football, he is your best pick.

He got 3 goals in 144 minutes last World Cup. In terms of balance and who suits how Southgate wants to play he should have taken Rashford.

He may have had a much worse season than the likes of Bowen, Foden, etc., but for England, you know he can deliver, unlike the other two.

Southgate should have focused on balance rather than trying to accommodate all his best players in same team.

Rashford, Kane, Saka have always been Englands best/ most balanced front line.

His head has not been in the right place recently