Rocket Festival Mishap Injures Over 10 in Roi Et

Georgealbert

7 hours ago, transam said:

Farangy's should stay well away from these events........😧

Unless you are a sandwich short of a picnic...:crazy:

Farangs like you need to stay in the safe space nanny states in the west where you can feel safe in your little bubbles.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

was backpacking through Guatemala and found myself, one evening, in a city square when a festival was taking place, rockets and fireworks were literally shooting horizontally across the square, it was noisy, exciting (i was young) but pretty scary as well. some countries just don't have the same fears (or awareness of consequences) we have

• Agree 1

As long as you are under the assumption that you have several lives to go, you are in a somewhat different position.
And the Thai prove that time and again, and take more risks for that reason, it seems.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Galong said:

Every video I've ever seen on this subject looks like safety is the absolute last thing on their minds. They always look off-their-tits drunk too. I'm surprised accidents don't happen more often. 

I can concur. No matter what the occasion you always seem to find a high proportion of drunken participants and at this type of festival it’s a bad mix. 
When you’re as drunk as some of the people I’ve witnessed, safety is not front and centre. I wouldn’t let it deter me from experiencing the spectacle but do so with a little caution. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

some countries just don't have the same fears (or awareness of consequences) we have

Nor the number of ambulance chasing tort attorneys.

• Confused 1