I've fallen into Grab (food) "customer service" hell!

Jingthing

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think its obviously an 'app glitch'....    and as with a lot of 'online' services, getting past the 'chat-bot' phase can frustrating experience especially if the 'glitch' is a little more 'outside the lines' than the regular issues.

In this case the Jing had already paid (digital payment), but the app was also requesting a second (same) payment the next day when he wished to use the Grab App again.

He's made a second payment to get past that step - now all he has to due is submit a 'dual payment' claim and grab will identify and resolve the issue.

... the rest is just Jing being a bit of a drama queen thats all - its a readily resolvable issue. 

Yeah, I got it wrong first, but your solution sounds like a workable one. As well as mine do, with reporting the issue. However, that might be too much in this case. They should be a little bit more open to looking and solving the problem, though.

Edited by Gottfrid

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, that´s horrible, so you have no chance of getting to an office and give then a printout of the payment in your bank. I know, you should not need thta, but  it might help you.

This is even more horrible! I would report them, even if it´s just 300 baht we are talking about. It´s the value of the service and also the way of blocking you as well as giving no service to solve the problem.

Yes its a tad FUBAR.

To add insult to injury I was getting free delivery on my plan with cashless but now fully charged.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes its a tad FUBAR.

To add insult to injury I was getting free delivery on my plan with cashless but now fully charged.

Like a small error growing. Sorry, but I had to give you a laughing one on that comment 😉 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Another funny thing.

I'm a big spender on Grab.

The drivers all know me and happy to see me and my tips.

I'm on upgraded status with them.

Yet such a problem. 

Oh, the humanity!

Don`t get your knickers in a twist sweetie....at your age you should calm down more...:whistling:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's an Andriod app on my phone.

I don't know how you updated the app, but I had a similar problem with another app that updating didn't work. What did work was deleting the stored data. You will have to reenter your username and password.

On 6/16/2024 at 6:53 PM, Jingthing said:

OK, I'm a regular user of Grab restaurant food delivery service.

I use Bolt for rides, ha ha.

Anyway I pay by debit card.

Today making a new order I am ordered to pay (by debit) for an order that I placed and paid for yesterday (by debit card).

If not I am blocked from cashless ordering and must always pay cash. 

Presumably there might be more consequences if I don't pay the false charge.

Well I could just switch to cash but that is often inconvenient AND I pay for premium status by debit which gives extra discounts so I really need to fix the blockage.

So I spend about an hour going into every rabbit hole I can find to try to report this problem. I don't want to pay twice. There is no help topic covering my problem, nothing even close.

So I search online for a way to do an online chat with a person or god forbid talk to someone about the problem and I can't find anything. 

It's about 300 baht.

The bank shows it entered and paid! 

I don't want to spend eight hours searching for a way to contact them that I'll probably never find over 300 baht.

So unless someone here has some kind of secret trick for me to contact them. I'll be forced to just pay it.

But then how many times is this going to happen?

Yeah, life is tough these days... I find myself complaining about the maid and gardeners... why can't life just go on as I imagine?

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As I already said I would be happy to eat the 300 baht IF it actually fixed things. But no evidence that it would. 

Agreed - work on resolving an issue that you can feel confident is not going to be a regular recurrence. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Apologies if you consider 'drama queen' an insult...  it simply means reacting strongly to something rather innocuous - not intended as an insult....   I should have perhaps mentioned not making mountains out of molehills to soften any blow you perceive... 

Entertained by the 'prig' jibe though....   

Thought you had...   you said you would...  all talk and no fluff ?

(so you didn't)

I'm sure your issue is individual to only you...  so special...  (gong back to drama queen comment !!!)....

Pay, file complaint for the double payment....       Alternative - get emotional about it !

Hi there special prig,

I said I would pay it.

I didn't say when. 

Then soon after I saw the info about that form.

I wasn't linking paying and using that form as you assumed.

You being special prig seem to ASSUME a lot of things to fuel your insults.

I thought to send that form BEFORE paying as it was related to paying double before paying double.

I do now see your point about paying double BEFORE filing that form which I didn't before see as necessarily related

I don't know that it is or it isn't and neither do you. The form has a field to explain the problem and it is a related issue in either case (actually paying double or being demanded to pay double when it shouldn't be). 

it still seems silly to pay double in order to fit closer into their form, but yeah I might do. 

Because of that form, I have delayed doing either right away.

I might pay first, then file it. I may file it first.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed - work on resolving an issue that you can feel confident is not going to be a regular recurrence. 

I don't see how resolving the issue of the 300 baht is related to my version of the app totally BLOCKING getting help via live chat, phone, or normal form complaints like missed items. I see no form to complain about the flippin' software. 

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No...  thats not a solution. Thats a work around...   Jing has already explained why he prefers digital payment and that makes perfect sense. 

Yeah I do need cashless but can pay cash for the time being. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't see how resolving the issue of the 300 baht is related to my version of the app totally BLOCKING getting help via live chat, phone, or normal form complaints like missed items. I see no form to complain about the flippin' software. 

The App BLOCKED you from getting 'Live Help' ??....    YOUR account was SINGLED out and BLOCKED from receiving asstance ??...      Sorry JT - calling BS on that.

(loving the use of capitals to dramatise this whole issue !!)... 

Its a glitch - relax....  pay the double charge, claim back the double payment.... (its happend to me with a Grab Ride - which may or may not be exactly the same but I expect the resolution to be similar)...     

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No I do not have the solution. 

That form has absolutely nothing to do with the app problem. 

I would now say pest but that's not so cute.

You have access to a solution - but you are so intent on taking your approach to resolution that you are blind to Grab's 'non-human' approach, however flawed that may be..... 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have access to a solution - but you are so intent on taking your approach to resolution that you are blind to Grab's 'non-human' approach, however flawed that may be..... 

You don't get it.

If I get an order with a problem the form that used to be there to report is now missing. There is nothing on the app to report such a "glitch" as you call it.

Are you just here to hurl personal attacks? Seems so, so again, go away troll.

Edited by Jingthing

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

how did people survive before home food delivery? 🙄

Now that's a good question.

How did we live before mobile phones and a lot of things?

But I do know that the service is an incredible deal in Thailand. 

Reportedly in Latin America as well. 

Compare to the U.S. where it has become a luxury service only rich people can use often plus if you don't leave a big U.S. style tip the driver might assault you or vandalize your house.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, you haven't paid twice... 

.... So..... you can't claim 'double payment' until you 'double pay'... 

Now you're a Grab customer service worker?!?

You really are incredible.

Reporting on a form about double payment before you  are forced to pay double pay is in my view very related to double payment and that issue could be described on their form along with documentation. 

I already said I get your point about actually double paying being cleaner. 

I haven't decided yet which I will do. So sue me!

• Confused 1

On 6/16/2024 at 9:53 PM, Jingthing said:

OK, I'm a regular user of Grab restaurant food delivery service.

I use Bolt for rides, ha ha.

Anyway I pay by debit card.

Today making a new order I am ordered to pay (by debit) for an order that I placed and paid for yesterday (by debit card).

If not I am blocked from cashless ordering and must always pay cash. 

Presumably there might be more consequences if I don't pay the false charge.

Well I could just switch to cash but that is often inconvenient AND I pay for premium status by debit which gives extra discounts so I really need to fix the blockage.

So I spend about an hour going into every rabbit hole I can find to try to report this problem. I don't want to pay twice. There is no help topic covering my problem, nothing even close.

So I search online for a way to do an online chat with a person or god forbid talk to someone about the problem and I can't find anything. 

It's about 300 baht.

The bank shows it entered and paid! 

I don't want to spend eight hours searching for a way to contact them that I'll probably never find over 300 baht.

So unless someone here has some kind of secret trick for me to contact them. I'll be forced to just pay it.

But then how many times is this going to happen?

Just pay cash. Such drama over nothing.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

You lost $400. That is 130 pad thais.

Yes ! Don't remind me 

I have filled out their complicated form , apparently 10 days it takes.

They better pay it back , someone had a party on my money 

Posted (edited)

I was unable to fix the app.

I did find a way to.form report that so I can send them a screenshot of missing help.system.

I paid the demand and can now order cashless.

I will file the double pay form.

If they accept it as it would be a debit refund that can take 45 business days up.to never.

I no longer trust the app.

I will order more expensive orders cash and monitor if the problem of charges not being recorded repeats.

So now in customer service purgatory.

Edited by Jingthing

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Another funny thing.

I'm a big spender on Grab.

The drivers all know me and happy to see me and my tips.

I'm on upgraded status with them.

Yet such a problem. 

Oh, the humanity!

I gave a SAD emoji, I feel for you.

Not the answer but BOLT has an easy access live conversation facility and they do have 'benefits'.