New COVID Sub-variant KP.2 on the Rise in Thailand

webfact

18 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Misinformation such as what? Vaccines can cause injury or even kill you? You can still get and spread covid even if you get jabbed? Is this the type of right wing misinformation you're talking about. Of course it's now fact not misinformation. Lab leak? Pure conspiracy. 

"Botched public health messaging also allowed for [COVID vaccine] misinformation to run rampant. Rare adverse events associated with the COVID vaccine have been severely overplayed and spread like wildfire on social media.

"Patients need to know that like any vaccine, vaccine injury does occur, but these vaccines have a better safety profile than almost any others," Al-Aly said. "The rewards of getting the vaccine far outweigh the risks, and patients need to understand that."

Medscape
May 02, 2024

AND

"False and misleading information about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines on social media often exaggerates the frequency and severity of side effects. Misinformation also wrongly attributes unrelated medical events to the vaccines. Vaccine misinformation leading individuals to decline vaccination has very likely led to many more deaths than adverse effects of the vaccines.
There is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess mortality during the pandemic. Excess mortality largely coincides with peaks of SARS-CoV-2 infections, particularly during the first waves when vaccines were not available. In fact, there is strong evidence that COVID-19 vaccines save lives and prevent the serious harm associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection.

International Coalition of Medicines Regulatory Authorities

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

And your credentials are? Medical professional? Scientist? Researcher?

How many people do you know that died? Healthy people. For me it's zero. New plenty that got covid though.

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

How many people do you know that died? Healthy people. For me it's zero. New plenty that got covid though.

You are a covid denier. Hard to have an intelligent conversation. Listen to the science. Not social media or your limited interactions. Or mine! Look at the big picture. Jeez

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Botched public health messaging also allowed for [COVID vaccine] misinformation to run rampant. Rare adverse events associated with the COVID vaccine have been severely overplayed and spread like wildfire on social media.

"Patients need to know that like any vaccine, vaccine injury does occur, but these vaccines have a better safety profile than almost any others," Al-Aly said. "The rewards of getting the vaccine far outweigh the risks, and patients need to understand that."

Medscape
May 02, 2024

AND

"False and misleading information about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines on social media often exaggerates the frequency and severity of side effects. Misinformation also wrongly attributes unrelated medical events to the vaccines. Vaccine misinformation leading individuals to decline vaccination has very likely led to many more deaths than adverse effects of the vaccines.
There is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess mortality during the pandemic. Excess mortality largely coincides with peaks of SARS-CoV-2 infections, particularly during the first waves when vaccines were not available. In fact, there is strong evidence that COVID-19 vaccines save lives and prevent the serious harm associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection.

International Coalition of Medicines Regulatory Authorities

Right. No vaccine injuries and no deaths. People at the beginning who said this may happen were closed down. Censored and threatened into oblivion. If you didn't and still don't for the most part agree with the narrative means you're a conspiracy theorists. Well I'd rather be on the side of conspiracy using rational thinking to either agree or disagree rather than blind obedience. Guess that's why I've never believed in god. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Right. No vaccine injuries and no deaths.

Of course, that's not what the posted statements that you're responding to actually said.

What they actually said was:  "Rare adverse events associated with the COVID vaccine have been severely overplayed and spread like wildfire on social media."

AND

"False and misleading information about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines on social media often exaggerates the frequency and severity of side effects. Misinformation also wrongly attributes unrelated medical events to the vaccines."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

You are a covid denier. Hard to have an intelligent conversation. Listen to the science. Not social media or your limited interactions. Or mine! Look at the big picture. Jeez

Maybe you can explain to me then why I'm a covid denier. I've had covid more than once. It exists. Why it exists is another question.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:
2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Tell that to the families of the more than 7 million who died. Many covid deaths weren't recognized as covid deaths.

I feel sorry for the people who died of cancer , heart disease etc because they couldn't get near a hospital.

or the more than 150k humans who die each and every day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Right. No vaccine injuries and no deaths. People at the beginning who said this may happen were closed down. Censored and threatened into oblivion. If you didn't and still don't for the most part agree with the narrative means you're a conspiracy theorists. Well I'd rather be on the side of conspiracy using rational thinking to either agree or disagree rather than blind obedience. Guess that's why I've never believed in god. 

Censored for a very good reason. Misinformation and conspiracy theories. Sad some lean towards conspiracy theories rather than science. Hardly rational.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Maybe you can explain to me then why I'm a covid denier. I've had covid more than once. It exists. Why it exists is another question.

Read your posts. Nuff said. Covid denier and anti vaxxer

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:46 PM, dinsdale said:

Misinformation such as what? Vaccines can cause injury or even kill you? You can still get and spread covid even if you get jabbed? Is this the type of right wing misinformation you're talking about. Of course it's now fact not misinformation. Lab leak? Pure conspiracy. 

Any vaccine has side effects. But the benefits outweigh the risks. Bigly.

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

yeah lets ignore the word PREVENTS.

Help. Not totally. Nitpicking are you?

Edit. After my 3rd jab I got covid. Just a minor cough and felt poor for a few days. The jab helped prevent me from ending up in the hospital.

Edited by Roo Island

3 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Help. Not totally. Nitpicking are you?

Edit. After my 3rd jab I got covid. Just a minor cough and felt poor for a few days. The jab helped prevent me from ending up in the hospital.

so 3 jabs did not help to prevent you to catching covid.

Colour me surprised !

• Like 1

From the above cited document that's addressing about 4 million total COVID vaccine doses given in that jurisdiction during 2021::

Page 3:

"Adverse events following immunisation are defined as unwanted or unexpected events following
the administration of a vaccine, which could be mild, such as a sore arm, or serious, such as
anaphylaxis. AEFI also include conditions that may occur following the incorrect handling or
administration of a vaccine. The fact that an adverse event occurred following immunisation is not conclusive evidence that the event was caused by a vaccine. [emphasis added] Factors such as medical history, diagnostic testing, and other medication given near the time of vaccination must be examined to help determine the likely cause of an adverse event."

AND

Page 10:

"The reporting of adverse events following COVID-19 vaccines differed from adverse events following
routine vaccines in that the majority (58%) were reported by the vaccinee or a family member,
whereas the majority (79%) of routine vaccine AEFI were reported by a healthcare provider (Table
1)."

AND

Page 19:

Screenshot_4.jpg.a44d1ba41b49bfeb5a1fe9a55efb9700.jpg

https://www.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/Corp/Documents/Health-for/Immunisation/Western-Australia-Vaccine-Safety-Surveillance-Annual-Report-2021.pdf

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 2