Foreign Man Captured on Video Stealing a Motorcycle in Chalong District

webfact

image.jpeg

A troubling incident unfolded today in the Chalong district of Phuket, Thailand, as CCTV footage revealed a foreign man stealing a motorcycle belonging to a local woman. The event has sparked widespread concern and a plea for assistance on social media.

The victim, whose motorcycle was parked near Soi Ta-iad, turned to social media for help after realising her motorcycle was missing.

She posted detailed screenshots from CCTV footage, which captured the theft in progress. The images show a foreign man, shirtless and with a shaved head, riding the stolen motorcycle past the camera.

The victim shared her distress on her social media account on 17th June, explaining the significant impact of the theft on her daily life. "A foreigner stole my motorcycle. I’m now in trouble because I don’t have the motorbike to take my child to school and go to work.

A motorcycle helmet and some of my child’s belongings were on the bike. I parked it near Soi Ta-iad and forgot to take the key with me."

The stolen motorcycle is described as a dark blue Honda with the registration plate number 1 กค 6361 Phuket. The victim has urged anyone with information about the motorcycle or the foreign man to contact the Chalong Police Station at 07-638-1247.

This incident has stirred the local community, prompting discussions about safety and the need for vigilance.

Authorities are now actively investigating the case, seeking to track down the suspect and retrieve the stolen motorcycle.

448508919_798993532351491_8400116794525835792_n.jpg

Picture courtesy: Facbook Phuket TImes

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Let me correct that for you.

"No-one seems to have noticed the fact that if her bike was stolen by a Thai, it never would have made the English language news."

Let me amend that for you. While if her bike was stolen by a Thai it would not have merited  mention on English language news but because the thief is a foreigner who in theory is a adequately self funded individual who should have no need to steal but could rent a motorcycle it makes news as a heads up to foreigners in general. Not so many Thai watch English channel news.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

I know he should not have stolen it but that is a bad habit leaving the key in the ignition, It wouldnt have been long before a Thai would have come along and stolen it,

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This incident has stirred the local community, prompting discussions about safety and the need for vigilance.

Absolutely, leaving your keys in the ignition is worrying.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Filthy, lowlife foreigner, sees a motorbike that a mother uses to take her child to school with the key in the ignition then decides to ride off on it. 

Poor Thailand, so many nasty foreigners coming here now. 

It's the open all hours, visa free to all policy.

If only TAT stuck with the less tourists but higher quality people.

• Agree 1

I have 5 children and have forgotten my keys. 

In the past when the kids were young, unintentionally I have left the keys in my vehicle, only happened a few times but glad they were still there when I returned.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

Bikes getting stolen happens a lot in Phuket, When my wife first moved to Phuket I bought her a new Fino, It got stolen still had the red plate on it, the thieves just picked it up and put it on a truck. A neighbour of mine had his bike and sidecar stolen a couple of years back,

A couple months ago we bought a new Yamaha Grand Filano in white it looks good, people are telling me that's the one that gets stolen the most, the white ones, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terryq said:

Over the years I have left keys in a parked motorcycle and nothing untoward has happened

However everyone is missing the more serious crime being committed here ...

HE'S RIDING WITHOUT A SHIRT !

Very observant of you but you missed the helmet, 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I have 5 children and have forgotten my keys. 

In the past when the kids were young, unintentionally I have left the keys in my vehicle, only happened a few times but glad they were still there when I returned.

I hope you had a sidecar fitted for that crew!🙂🙂

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Poor Thailand, so many nasty foreigners coming here now. 

Close the doors then. Stop ALL tourism if they don't like it.

Then you will see the really 'Poor Thailand'.

Remember 2020/21?

bob.

Edited by bob smith

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aaaah, yes, I remember, the good old days. 😂

I agree..

but try telling that to the MILLIONS of Thai's working in the tourism sector.

bob.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

She left her keys in the bike so it was bound to be stolen by someone

[/quote]

Why?

Yeah, I didn´t understand that either.

• Like 1