Serious Relationships With Thai Women, What To Expect?

19 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You sound confused Bob.

...well I wasn't before but I sure as hell am now.

How can you confuse me with this clown of an OP?

bob.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, impulse said:

I can't help but recall that line from a movie:  Show me a gorgeous woman and I'll show you a guy who's tired of screwing her.   (I'm paraphrasing) 

Does that make me a bad person?

The line I remember:

No matter how gorgeous she looks, there's always a man out there who's sick and tired of her nonsense. 

Just now, bob smith said:

...well I wasn't before but I sure as hell am now.

How can you confuse me with this clown of an OP?

bob.

We're all performers in this circus of a forum. Some are more proliferate than others.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Alpha84 said:

Besides the fact that some are physically very attractive, if I do choose to have a long term relationship, or to eventually marry a Thai woman, then what are considered to be some of the greatest positive and negative aspects of getting so deeply involved with a Thai woman?

I am trying to develop an understanding of what one might expect and what the possible upsides and downsides are to having a serious romantic relationship with a Thai woman in Thailand. 

On the surface they appear to have a lot to offer, but I don't know about anything beyond that. Are things like honesty, integrity, sincerity, infidelity, reliability and morality areas of general concern or are they not an issue? What about other things like materialism and superficiality, intellectuality and emotional maturity?

Thanks. 

Recommend reading, "Thailand Fever" as a cultural understanding base.

8 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Asking such foolish questions here is like writing a post longer than five lines and thinking people are going to read it.

The topic was made from the same guy who asked about ladyboys. Some guys take these fake topics seriously and respond with a long answer.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Asking such foolish questions here is like writing a post longer than five lines and thinking people are going to read it.

Your username explains it all

41 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The topic was made from the same guy who asked about ladyboys. Some guys take these fake topics seriously and respond with a long answer.

That might be true but many come here for advice, and what the OP might ignore other members might benefit from.

• Thumbs Up 1

Serious Relationships With Thai Women, What To Expect?

If you have to ask don't bother going in any relationship.

It's the same in any country , Try and find out .

You'll know if it goes Borderline or further South, Own up or just run before it Kills you.

• Thanks 1

Gave up on ladyboys already? 

As for your question in the other thread, the one you ask about dating ladyboys, that last 1 about if you have vaginal sex with a post op ladyboy - they don't really have a vagina, not a real one anyway. What they have is a replica. The only way one gets a real vagina is by having XX chromosomes at birth.

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No... it just makes you a Jude Law fanboy !!!  

Could be.  I do like some of Jude Law's characters.  But my memory leans towards the line coming from Ed Norton and nowhere near as romantic as most Jude Law chick flicks.  Admittedly, that may be my selective memory and conflating my movie lines.

My point, poorly made as it was, is that beauty doesn't hold a relationship together past a certain number of boinks.  Then, you'd better have some other connection and compatibility, or it's not going to end well. 

That's not to say you can't have that compatibility across cultures.  But it is difficult.  Ask me how I know that...

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Could be.  I do like some of Jude Law's characters.  But my memory leans towards the line coming from Ed Norton and nowhere near as romantic as most Jude Law chick flicks.  Admittedly, that may be my selective memory and conflating my movie lines.

My point, poorly made as it was, is that beauty doesn't hold a relationship together past a certain number of boinks.  Then, you'd better have some other connection and compatibility, or it's not going to end well. 

That's not to say you can't have that compatibility across cultures.  But it is difficult.  Ask me how I know that...

Agree...    

But I don't see the 'cultural compatibility' an issue..   I see that being of a similar level of intelligence, education, socio-economic background as being the key towards mutual respect and longevity of a relationship...   

I couldn't date an uneducated woman with no protects in the UK as much as I couldn't date one here - there's just no respect... I'm sure that will upset some, but we each find what we are attracted to.

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agree...    

But I don't see the 'cultural compatibility' an issue..   I see that being of a similar level of intelligence, education, socio-economic background as being the key towards mutual respect and longevity of a relationship...   I couldn't date an uneducated woman with no protects in the UK as much as I couldn't date one here - there's just no respect... I'm sure that will upset some, but we each find what we are attracted to.

The challenge here is figuring out whether it's a cultural thing or just plain incompatibility.  Back home, you can figure that out in a few minutes.  Maybe a few dates.  Here, it can take awhile to get past language barriers and local customs.  And by then, a lot of guys are pushing a baby stroller. 

Edit:  Or as a minimum, they have a roommate they can't quite shed without tears and potential stabbing.

Edited by impulse

8 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Important perhaps. But remember your place in their family. You are an outsider to most. Your importance becomes less as the relationship moves on longer. If you have kids then you come after them. Family members will come before you as well. Marrying the Thai woman seems great. You dream of the good sex and attention you are getting now. But after a couple years you will find yourself wondering if it was a good choice if you were thinking about being of greatest importance in your partners life. Sex with even the most beautiful woman will not be sporadic and you may dream of all those other young women you played with before you got married haha... Or those you could be playing with. 

Im not sure how Im going to reply to this, and start with my experiences will not help anyone, since I feel my situation and how I experience my relationship with my wife and her family being different than what I often read here. 

After 8 years I feel our relationship is stronger than ever, and we started out as friends and only friends. I can asure you I do not miss anything in my sex life with my wife, and I do not looking for substitutes in younger women. I had my share in my life travelling for sport and work all my life, and can now enjoy one women who I care alot about. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 8:48 AM, brianthainess said:

I never have Problems with "Her" family either but her kids will always come first. 

Marry one with no kids then 

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

How dare you ?.

What a nasty comment to make ,but looking at who wrote it comes as no shock 

Thank you door handle head

It really doesnt matter where she comes from, it is as, a ticket in lottery and you win. Rare.

Adam (first man ever, due to story) had no choice at all and see what it brought him and it never changed.

There were only 4 creatures who could speak and see to whom Eve was listening.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

It really doesnt matter where she comes from, it is as, a ticket in lottery and you win. Rare.

Adam (first man ever, due to story) had no choice at all and see what it brought him and it never changed.

There were only 4 creatures who could speak and see to whom Eve was listening.

so we all carry Adams sin on our back? 

GS the worst BS I heard in a long time

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

How dare you ?.

What a nasty comment to make ,but looking at who wrote it comes as no shock 

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Marry one with no kids then 

I do not think it would matter much.. She will have a lot of baggage you need to deal with in the future either way. Maybe better to have kids so she stays home with you more. haha... About the best anyone can hope for is to find a good woman that helps and takes care of the things you do not want to deal with. I do not think it matter which country they are from. Only you know what it is you seek in a woman for your future. So only you can choose if the woman you are with will be the same you are searching for. 

On 6/19/2024 at 1:46 PM, fredwiggy said:

better chance to find one that speaks English, which is a major deal breaker because if there's no communication, it will rarely last, at least fulfilling for both.

Why don’t you speak Thai? 

Being in Thailand and all, it will allow you to speak with the 96% of Thais who do not speak English.

Expecting Thais to speak English for you in their own country smells of arrogant white privilege\superiority 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Being in Thailand and all, it will allow you to speak with the 96% of Thais who do not speak English.

Expecting Thais to speak English for you in their own country smells of arrogant white privilege\superiority 

I don't expect anyone to speak English here. If I can't tell them something in the limited Thai words I know when I;

'm by myself, I'll use my phone to translate. It's worked fine. I have no desire to learn Thai as I'll be leaving Thailand in about two years. My girlfriend speaks good English, and my daughter is getting along fine with what I'm teaching her. And a lot more Thais speak English then 4%. A Thai learning English is better for them, as they have a better chance of a better job. A farang will have a better relationship if his girlfriend can speak his native language right from the start. No communication means a boring relationship. This just one comment.........

Why is English important in Thailand?

From history, it can be seen that English has always played an important role in Thai education from the time when it was first introduced, testifying to its importance for the country's economic and technological development. It has been part of the curricula from the primary school to the university level.............Problem is, Thailand ranks very low in English proficiency. 101 out of 113 countries.
Edited by fredwiggy

Most women seek support, and that's not restricted to Thai women.

It would be very rare for a Thai woman not to expect support, as most Thais think Westerners are rich in comparison.

The line in the sand is whether the Thai woman expects her entire family to be supported too.

The OP should not expect too much in terms of intellectual conversation. Thais live in the moment, and their education system is abysmal.

Having said that, they do make very loyal and supportive companions if their needs are met, They will do things emancipated Western women would never countenance.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

so we all carry Adams sin on our back? 

GS the worst BS I heard in a long time

Whatever you conclude, your words, not mine. The story is in a black book and they teach you, when young.

Many people believe in that black book. Im not such a believer, but do recall the story.

And it was not Adam's sin, it was Eve's sin, but she created the situation, to be both's sin. She seduced him.

Thats how the story goes.

Skip some pages and you find a man dying for our sins, so away sins.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

I thought you had only been here a couple of weeks, do you speak Thai, already...?  🤔

On 6/19/2024 at 12:21 PM, Alpha84 said:

Are things like honesty, integrity, sincerity, infidelity, reliability and morality areas of general concern or are they not an issue?

Whose 'morality'?

If you're thinking western Christian values then turn around now, this isn't a Christian but a Buddhism country, and Buddhism is a far more flexible belief system. As an atheist that's fine with me, but you can read endless comments on this forum by people who see Thailand through a western Christian lens; they're usually the ones who have problems.

Edited by Stocky