Engaging with Russians during wartime in Thailand?

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Your country helped invade Iraq based on lies so if you are collectively responsible then you are a war criminal.

That was simple, wasn't? 

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not my observation at all.  They basically have taken over Las Casitas Condo, and several condos down the road are full of Russians.  Mostly families on longer stays.  The food courts and night markets they are all over the place.  Maybe you think they look other European?

Also, why does OP want to interact with them?  They really don't like westerners much especially now and never really have.   

i never interacted with them before the war, their standards (education. respect, etc.) never fitted mine, why should I try to interact with them now, they are still the same disrespectful people with an attitude problem

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Your country helped invade Iraq based on lies so if you are collectively responsible then you are a war criminal.

Well then I am your eyes. No doubt I may have killed a few 'bad uns', for which I do not apologise. The consolation for me is that 500 kts at 50 feet, over the desert, taking out Iraqi military assets  was the best fun you could have with your clothes on.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, howlee101 said:

I'm hoping more than 5000 liberals will move to Russia 🤔

They will not.

Only western fascists, white nationalists, Christian religious fanatics, and anti gay nut cases move to Russia.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

Well then I am your eyes. No doubt I may have killed a few 'bad uns', for which I do not apologise. The consolation for me is that 500 kts at 50 feet, over the desert, taking out Iraqi military assets  was the best fun you could have with your clothes on.  

So you are a murderer and proud of it. Now you hang out with bargirls. Fairly low moral standards you have. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Some guys from the west still believe they are the good guys. They were the good guys in 1939 to 1945. Often bad guys since.

Really?  What in Bosnia?  In the Falklands? In Malaya as was? In Korea? I mean, really? 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Agree, that said, I only really know one and he doesn't want to return to go to war as he has family here, so he has skipped.

When ever I see him at the bar, I call out, hey, my Ukrainian friend, how are you, and he laughs, easy going guy to get on with, about 40, great sense of humor, and knows a lot about history and this is basically how he summed it up for me regarding, as you said; it's Putin and co forcing them to fight, but not for nothing.

Zelensky didn't try to prevent the conflict through diplomacy because he lacks honor and integrity. In 2014 there was a coup. Soon after, there was a massacre in Odessa (dozens of Russians were burned alive).

Ethnic Russians living in Ukraine were treated as subhuman. Their language and culture was being oppressed. A civil war broke out due to the rise in ethnic tensions. For 8 years the Ukrainian military was indiscriminately shelling civilians living in Donbas.

If Zelensky honored the Minsk agreement and pledged neutrality, none of this would have happened.

The 8 year civil war would have ended and Donbas would have remained part of Ukraine. War is the ultimate failure of diplomacy.

Zelensky, Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande admitted that Ukraine had no intention to honor the Minsk agreements.

Who didn't want peace? Who advised against the 2022 peace talks in April?

Hint: Remember someone visited Zelensky in Kiev at that time. Russia's national security was compromised once NATO began to expand eastwards.

Russia clearly stated that Ukraine joining NATO was a red line (November 2021) and unfortunately this concern was never taken seriously. The Russians openly stated: if nothing changes, we will be forced to act in order to defend our national security. Enhancing the national security of one country at the expense of another is unacceptable.

The Russians have legitimate security concerns. 20th September, 2021. Ukraine launched military drills with US and NATO. NATO is not a defensive alliance. NATO illegally bombed Yugoslavia (a direct violation of the U.N. Charter).

He said, we should never forget what they did to Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. Who blew up the pipeline causing an environmental disaster?

Zelensky banned all opposition and arrested a leading priest.

Zelensky tried to invoke article 5 under false pretenses. Remember the incident in Poland he said.

Ethnic Russians living in Ukraine were treated as subhuman. Their language and culture was being oppressed. Poroshenko said, “Our children will go to schools and kindergartens—theirs will hide in the basements”. Russians will never forget the 2014 Odessa massacre.

He said the whole world needs to know about it he said, but they are fed what they want to feed them.

Why was Denis Kireev eliminated? He was a member of Ukraine's negotiating team during the peace negotiations. He wanted to help his country. Ukraine has a hit list.

There is evidence that Ukrainian troops have been indiscriminately shelling civilians in Donbas (they used petal mines and targeted areas where there was no military presence). The Azov troops trapped in the Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol used human shields. They refused to allow civilians to leave despite of humanitarian corridors being present.

Russia held a proposed cease fire in order for the civilians to leave, but Azov would not allow the civilians to leave. Ukraine has committed many acts of terrorism (car bombs and other forms of assassination). Darya Dugina (journalist) R.I.P. The first terrorist attack on the Kerch Bridge killed the truck driver and the individuals in the adjacent car (innocent civilian victims).

The 2nd terrorist attack on the Kerch Bridge killed two parents and severely injured their young daughter. In order to explain this whole situation in great detail, a book would need to be written.

I just passing on what he told me, obviously there was much more, to sum it up, he said, NATO is an evil, it is not what they are projecting it to be to us, it is a useful tool which helps them do whatever they want to do, and of course they pay for it.

He added, we get fed a lot of propaganda, that said, he said that he didn't want to fight for his country, because governments use people to protect their rights for freedom, which to him was a load of crap, it's big business to protect their interests, and NATO pushing forward made a huge mistake, why because Putin, will use Nuks in the end, if pushed.

What a load of <deleted>! Looks like someone's been forced fed Russian propaganda? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

Really?  What in Bosnia?  In the Falklands? In Malaya as was? In Korea? I mean, really? 

You admitted to war crimes in Iraq 2. That was an illegal war. Thousands of innocents killed. You should be charged with mass murder and war crimes.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Of course they support him, like LMAO, people under a rock are the only ones that still don't get this. There is no war in Russia, there is a war in the west, among their own people, which only weakens them further and further, to end in a economic disaster while BRICS will say; we told you so, to then take the lead in the world, after WW3.

No war in Russia. Special Bull<deleted> Military Operation. 

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

I am neither a murder nor a moral ingrate.  Where did I say that I hang out with B/Gs?  I'm in a long term relationship mate, not that it's any of your business.  If in doubt, throw out an insult eh?  

War criminal with no morals.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

How do you know they were "bad uns"? More likely just normal guys with families, perhaps like yourself. Perhaps you think Iraqi= bad. Nothing like  a bit of generalisation to avoid feeling guilty.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So why was the UK in Gulf 2. That was based on lies.

Blind obedience perhaps?

Not my war, I had left the military by then, but if I hadn't left, I would have followed my orders and gone, because at the time, I had no beef with the decision. Hindsight is a blind and ignorant basis for a view taken much later. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stoner said:

i think you will find many of them are just regular folk like you and i....trying to make sense of this life the best we can. 

say hi..... ask them if they know of any good snow boots you can find in thailand. 

Most of the time you don't get any answer, because they don't speak english.

They just look at you in a bit of dazed.

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

What a load of <deleted>! Looks like someone's been forced fed Russian propaganda? 

Nothing to say in support of your position, except you don't like what he said? No analysis of what he said and a considered counter argument backed by evidence?

Perhaps someone on here has been force fed a load of Ukrainian propaganda.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How do you know they were "bad uns"? More likely just normal guys with families, perhaps like yourself. Perhaps you think Iraqi= bad. Nothing like  a bit of generalisation to avoid feeling guilty.

They were in an enemy vehicle, in a foreign Nation, shooting back at me, good enough for me, and incidentally, the rest of the War coalition, including many Arab countries.  Don't get on your moral high horse with me mate, you will lose ever time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

collective responsibility cannot be shrugged off, unless you give up that citizenship.

So then....The White Russians are OK?

Your ;post is nonsense!

I have not given up my citizenship, and yet I take NO responsibility for Trump's statement:

You are embarrassingly ignorant if you believe that the LaoBaiXing are responsible for the famine in China which starved to death 50 Million people.

You write well.

But you do not think well, it seems.

How very naive you are.

How old are you?

Have you never studied human behavior at university?

image.png.e3d81141e90d38be8e9c0578f1e8ef4f.png

So, how do you explain this human behavior?

I am not equating one with the other.

I LOVE Zimbardo!

He was such a risk taker.

• Agree 1

Met a huge drunken Russian in a bar in Phnom Penh recently who was shouting loudly in English that Ukraine will be destroyed next month, that he hates Poland, and that while he is "easy guy, I easy guy" -America is "big gangster country" that causes all of world's problems. He then shouted for everyone to "vote Trump, save America". He said he lives in Phuket, and would love to return to Russia, but he cannot. He looked like a body-builder very much able to serve on the battlefield, but for some unexplained reason, he's stuck in Phuket and has to cheer from the sidelines. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

That's because you are a war criminal yourself. Justifying mass murder. Low morals. Iraq didn't invade the UK in either war. You invaded them. 

I suppose to you, judgmental that you are, say that my Father, and those like him, a Flight Engineer on Lancaster's during WW2, was a war criminal? You make me sick with your armchair judgments on the very people who give and preserve the freedoms you relish.  Ever heard the term 'armchair Quarterback' ? You are a prime example. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Nabby said:

He looked like a body-builder

Like these?

Russian body-builders are OK if they are female?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Off topic post trying to hijack the topic has been removed also a reply.

Read the topic title will you please:

Engaging with Russians during wartime in Thailand?

Topic is not about WMD,  Agent Orange or WW1 and 2 or Vietnam or America's warmongering

@thaibeachlovers

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not my observation at all.  They basically have taken over Las Casitas Condo, and several condos down the road are full of Russians.  Mostly families on longer stays.  The food courts and night markets they are all over the place.  Maybe you think they look other European?

Also, why does OP want to interact with them?  They really don't like westerners much especially now and never really have.   

Yep, there's plenty in Hua Hin and, they always seem to want to speak louder than anybody in their immediate vicinity!